3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Running faster!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/285953-running-faster.html)

lotte 08-08-2013 08:33 AM

Running faster!!

Soo I just started running again 2 weeks ago (used to be really good and ran half-marathon). Monday I ran 5K in 33 minutes, which I thought was okay, but I was really tired and sore afterwards..

This morning I ran 5K again in only 28 minutes!! And I felt great afterwards, not tired or anything.. like how does that even happen? I feel so motivated now that I can run 9 min/mile :woohoo:

Anybody else improving their running times?

CherryPie99 08-08-2013 11:48 AM

I have DRAMATICALLY improved how fast I run. But not in the short time you did! My guess is your body is pumped to begin running again! Good job!!

Kscott 08-08-2013 12:49 PM

Great!!! Just remember you'll have bad days and you'll have good days. Don't stress on the bad--just keep going.

pnkrckpixikat 08-08-2013 01:45 PM

Hey that is awesome! I am not improving my running speed so much as distance. I just recently moved from 30 second drills to one minute drills. but I do the drills during my 5k walks so it is reducing my overall time :) Ive gone from an hour 15 to 51 minutes on the days I do drills.

I look forward to the day that my times look like either of yours!!!

lotte 08-08-2013 02:46 PM

thanks guys :) I think often it depends what I've eaten the night before... If I only eat a small portion for dinner my energy levels are low the next morning, so I guess that wont happen again :)

pnkrckpixikat that's also quite an improvement! Won't be long till you can run the whole thing!

Kscott 08-08-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotte (Post 4811773)
thanks guys :) I think often it depends what I've eaten the night before... If I only eat a small portion for dinner my energy levels are low the next morning, so I guess that wont happen again :)

pnkrckpixikat that's also quite an improvement! Won't be long till you can run the whole thing!

No Kidding!!! It was my husband's birthday the other day--so I had a piece of cake the night before I went to class--and man did I have a rough time getting through that class. I came out of it feeling soggy and exhausted.

Last night--I went to class--eating normal--healthy food--and just burned right through it. Those processed sugars really slow me down.

lotte 08-08-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kscott (Post 4811791)
No Kidding!!! It was my husband's birthday the other day--so I had a piece of cake the night before I went to class--and man did I have a rough time getting through that class. I came out of it feeling soggy and exhausted.

Last night--I went to class--eating normal--healthy food--and just burned right through it. Those processed sugars really slow me down.

Hmm well I guess it depends on what you eat then :) processed sugars go right into the blood stream and will be gone from the blod the next morning, whereas healthy slow-burning carbs will still be there.. ready to provide energy for the run - makes sense :D