First Run!

• Okay so I'm not great at running. My shorts rode up the whole time and I got sweat stains and shoulder pain. Maybe I will still be be able to move tomorrow!
  • No one is great at running when they first start out. Most people hate it at first and then learn to love it. It's just consistency--that then turns into habit that turns someone into a runner. Sweat stains--pain and all. Just find your pace--no matter how slow you are and keep putting one foot in front of the other--and it won't be long until you're going a little faster and a little longer and you end up surprising yourself at just how much you can do.

• Thanks kscott! I did totally expect to hate it, at least for a little while. It wasn't as bad as I thought and I'm not sore today, so yay!
  • ^That post was really mistaken. I did end up getting very sore later that day after a lot of camp activities. I felt sooo old with my back and hips stiff as a board. I haven't ran again since then because of the temperature. I wanted to last night but I chickened out since my mom was at work and I was scared to go running. Then I set my clock for 6 to get up and go this morning but I cut it off and slept til 11. Boo me!
  • Went for my 2nd run today. It felt a little easier, but I don't really know how much I ran to begin with, who knows. It felt nice outside though, since it's 9pm. Too many cars but oh well. A little sweaty, and I feel like my calfs are doing too much work compared to my core and upper thighs. Right shoulder hat that painful twinge in it when I was done. Overall, not too bad!
  • Good Job! keep it up!
  • To stay up to date on my running "journey," a bat flew into my hair and got trapped during my run. Minor freak-out followed. I slung it into a bush and ran off.