excericise tape

• So I have started exercising and right now I am just walking and doing 30 minutes a day. On Sunday I am going to be adding more. Now here is my question...I was diagnosed with JRA ( a semi-rare form of arthritis that children develop in there early years of life. I was diagnosed at 18 months) Its not a big deal at all but I do have knee and calf pain even just when walking for 30 minutes a day. Has anyone used the new sports tape that is out now? It is suppose to help support muscles and joints to make life less painful. I am wanting to hear how others feel about it as I am wanting to start looking into getting some.
  • I have never heard of it--I just use the neopreme cheap braces you can buy anywhere--but there should be remarks on the net from those that have used what you're describing?
  • I tried kinesio tape for my knee a while back. I didn't really notice a difference, but I only tried it like twice. I've met other people who swear by it, though. Might be worth a try.
  • When I was first rehabbing my runners knees, they treated me using Kinesio taping. They basically would force my kneecap away from the side my muscles were pulling it (and thereby pulling it out of its track) and taped it in place. The tape would last for about 3 days or so, and then I'd get it replaced. The first day they did it I noticed an immediate reduction in the soreness of my knees, I thought it was great. I don't know how different my rehab would have been without it though. I used the tape for several weeks.

The tape needs to be applied by someone who knows what they're doing though. Or you will need to do research for your particular problem/area to know how to apply it. And if you have sensitive skin, the tape can get irritating.

I've never used it for casual exercise though, so I can't help you there.

Good luck!