3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Insanity (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/284420-insanity.html)

akm1117 07-06-2013 12:57 AM

Insanity

I am almost half way into month two of Insanity. Is anyone else currently doing it? :)

amandie 07-06-2013 01:11 AM

Funny I just bumped up an old thread to see if anyone else was doing it. Today was day 5 for me. Plyometric cardio circuit tomorrow, fun!!! Are you seeing any results yet?

Pink Hurricane 07-06-2013 07:54 AM

I'm about to do my Plyometric Cardio Circuit this morning!! I love Insanity, I'm going into the second week! :D

akm1117 07-06-2013 01:36 PM

I saw that as soon as I posted!! :) YES!! Amazing results!! I am half way through month two!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandie (Post 4787054)
Funny I just bumped up an old thread to see if anyone else was doing it. Today was day 5 for me. Plyometric cardio circuit tomorrow, fun!!! Are you seeing any results yet?

amandie 07-10-2013 06:48 PM

Awesome!!! I can't wait for the both of us! I'm definitely doing a second round (with a break in between of course, Insanity ain't gonna make me THAT insane. :dizzy:)

Pink Hurricane 07-10-2013 09:43 PM

So I'm going ahead and just using this thread about Insanity to post in :lol: It starts getting confusing with two of them!

Just did Cardio Power and Resistance, on a bit of a different schedule now that my husband had to go to night shift for a while, and I typically stay on a very similar schedule as him. As far as the question you asked in the other thread amadie, I eat anywhere from 1300-1700 calories a day, sometimes more if I need it, but I usually do not eat less than 1300 if I can help it.

akm1117 07-11-2013 12:22 PM

Hey girl! You are NOT eating enough for insanity. I eat 1,800 calories daily. If not I eat around 1700. If you want to tell me your age height weight I can tell you how much you need to be eating :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane (Post 4790390)
So I'm going ahead and just using this thread about Insanity to post in :lol: It starts getting confusing with two of them!

Just did Cardio Power and Resistance, on a bit of a different schedule now that my husband had to go to night shift for a while, and I typically stay on a very similar schedule as him. As far as the question you asked in the other thread amadie, I eat anywhere from 1300-1700 calories a day, sometimes more if I need it, but I usually do not eat less than 1300 if I can help it.

amandie 07-12-2013 11:11 AM

Ah, thanks PinkHurricane! I guess I won't worry too much about dipping into my WP since I do not do AP. I am now thinking about getting a HRM to see how many calories I burn because I don't wanna do Insanity and not lose an ounce. :)

amandie 07-12-2013 11:47 PM

Damn... My right knee is bugging me. Hurts whenever I bend it a lot so I couldn't do the power jumps/squats and the butt kicks with today's Cardio Power and Resistance. I did the jogs, high kicks and whatever other jumping stuff there was on the mini trampoline. I think I may have overdone it with the squats and lunges with yesterday's workout, argh! Not looking forward to Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs tomorrow. I will definitely take it easy with the knee tomorrow. Thank goodness Sunday is rest day!

ETA: I think it didn't help that I fell down with on the same side where the knee is hurting though I cannot recall if I fell on it, just on my butt or both and it doesn't help that I have a bruise on that area from a car door. Bah.

aka8941 07-13-2013 01:33 AM

Hey I'm doing week 2 of insanity now! already seeing results!!

amandie 07-13-2013 10:37 AM

That's great, aka8941!

amandie 07-16-2013 04:05 AM

Crapoli, my knee has been hella sore for a couple of days now after doing Pure Cardio and Cardio ABS on Saturday so I am bowing out because I'm worried I may have fudged up and would rather avoid further injury. (Likely due to incorrect form and all the jumping/trying to keep up.)

Damn, I am sooo bummed out! Perhaps after I reach goal if I haven't messed my knee up permanently.

GL to you all!

givepeaceachance 07-22-2013 01:27 PM

I just took my fit test today and it was tough. My cardio is very bad and I tried it for a week before and I had to stop every few minutes and hit pause. I wanted to get through the entire video even if it took me 2 hours! Now I'm more motivated to get healthy, not just see the scale go down. I actually just put my scale away bc I know that whatever will come off....will come off when it's good and ready. I did measure myself though!!

I am about 185 down from 210 and my goal is 150. My bday is in 2 months and that is also my motivation to be as healthy as I possibly can by then and continue it for the rest of the year.:carrot:

amandie 07-23-2013 12:16 PM

GL, givepeaceachance! Do be careful, please. My knee is still sore off/on. :(

lollerskates 07-26-2013 04:48 PM

Just started Insanity a couple weeks ago, and I love the way it makes my body feel day-to-day. I can feel my core muscles working when I do simple things like picking up my purse off the floor. It's much improved from a month ago, when I didn't know what my core was, lol.

I had tried starting Insanity a couple times before, but every time I would miss a day or two of the plan, and this would lead to complete derailment. Now I've modified my workout and take it a day at a time. If I feel normal-to-energized, I will do one of the three tough workouts and rotate them. If I am feeling drained, or didn't sleep well, or my muscles are tired, I will just do Recovery and focus on stretching and balance. If I don't have a lot of time to workout, I make sure to at least do the 15 min power abs to get something in. It has definitely improved my attitude, and I no longer feel like I'm failing when I go off-plan.