Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default Some advice?

Hello all!

I'm spending the summer living at home until late September when I'll then move back to school. I'm having difficulty deciding whether or not I should pay all the dues for a gym membership here when I'll be leaving in roughly 84 days.

Should I spend the money for the short time here or try at home workouts where it is 100+ degrees outside?

Any advice would be WONDERFUL!
katevangogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #2  

I actually have a gym membership, but I have not been there in 6 months. I do home workouts manily because I read the police reports and there have been lots of car windows shattered in the gym parking lot and even locks cut off in the locker room to steal purses.

I also live in hot location (south Texas) and we are in the triple digits now. I get up at 6:30 and jog 2 or 3 miles, then I swim laps (I live in a senior citizen apartment complex). If I don't work out in the morning, I try to ride my bike 7-8 miles at dusk.

If you have a dvd player you could invest in couple of exercise dvd's. I have the Leslie Samsone walking dvd.

Or if you want an exercise bike or stepper try looking at a thrift shop or garage sale. I got a bike for 20 dollars and a readmill for 50 that way.

On the other hand, if you would go to gym and take the classes they can be very motivating and fun (yoga, pilates, zumba, water exercise). And if the gym has steam room, saura, and hot tub those are great rewards after a workout!

Good luck on your decision.
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

So I just signed up. Tomorrow, I go to the gym.

Now I'm getting motivated by watching Extreme Weight Loss Makeover on ABC. I love watching the journey that some of these people go through, it's really encouraging. Makes me want to get up and get fit!
katevangogh is offline   Reply With Quote