Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #1  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Default June running we are still here whatever you run!

Please anyone feel free to post your runs here be it a 1/2 mile to 50. If ya love to run please come here! I am terrible at personals but I try.
June 1 3.6
June 2. 3.6
Been keeping the runs short and sweet its really warming up here.Going to have to start running at 1 st light!
I love the Aspire water vest I got for my birthday.It holds everything I need and all in reach holds 2 liters of water. I have been carring about 1 1/2 to get the hang of it for when I want to do longer runs
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Devadiva - I hear ya about the heat! It is really starting to warm up/be humid here too. The vest doesn't bounce or bother you in the heat? I had tried a water belt for a while, but hated the bouncing. I moved to a hand held water bottle, with the strap that goes around your hand. Doesn't bother me as much a I thought it would.

I've been really stressed about my running. I ran a half marathon on May 5th, then slacked for about two weeks only running a couple of times. Then I tried to get back into the swing of things with a long run and developed a foot pain that made me stop running for a week until I saw a Doctor. He thinks he fixed the problem, and told me I could run again the next day (this was last week), so I ran a few times but still had foot pain. So they said to take some time off before trying to run again - I'm now on day 2 of no running/hiking.

The thing is I've got a full marathon in October, and my first training week officially starts tomorrow. I planned to run on Tuesday. So.... Things freaking me out are:

1- I hope my foot is better by Tuesday.

2- my weekly mileage for the past few weeks has been like an average of 6-8 miles. My first training week originally had me running 19 miles...but I tweaked it a bit to make it 17 miles. I'm really worried that jumping up so high in mileage after some slow weeks is going to lead to injury (even though i was running 21-22 mile weeks just prior to the half marathon). With this structured program, if I start with lower mileage I don't know how I'm going to catch up, KWIM?
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Did my last run as a 40 year old this morning and it was my longest distance ever - 16 miles. Slow run - was extremely humid! Finished at 2:12:11.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Did 2.6 miles today in 26 minutes. My longest run ever!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #5  

Gratz Cherry and Ian!!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #6  

I thought your runners would enjoy this:

Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #7  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for starting this month Deva!

OMG SPARTAN RACE yesterday - 5 of the hilliest mountain miles with CRAZY obstacles = I thought I might die/pass out at multiple points but I kept with it and finished with 1:45 which was 97th/2700 women's overall!! Very proud of that but I need to get back to real training 6x/week with hills - I've been slacking the last two months. I start marathon training next month though so I'm not too worried.

Heat break starting tomorrow I hear for all of us near NY/NJ/PA woohoo!!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #8  
WC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaSortaAthlete View Post
Devadiva - I hear ya about the heat! It is really starting to warm up/be humid here too. The vest doesn't bounce or bother you in the heat? I had tried a water belt for a while, but hated the bouncing. I moved to a hand held water bottle, with the strap that goes around your hand. Doesn't bother me as much a I thought it would.

I've been really stressed about my running. I ran a half marathon on May 5th, then slacked for about two weeks only running a couple of times. Then I tried to get back into the swing of things with a long run and developed a foot pain that made me stop running for a week until I saw a Doctor. He thinks he fixed the problem, and told me I could run again the next day (this was last week), so I ran a few times but still had foot pain. So they said to take some time off before trying to run again - I'm now on day 2 of no running/hiking.

The thing is I've got a full marathon in October, and my first training week officially starts tomorrow. I planned to run on Tuesday. So.... Things freaking me out are:

Kinda/sorta - what kind of foot pain is it? I've also suffered from HORRIBLE foot problems for a year now - I've tried everything from taping/wrapping/inserts/custom orthodics/shots etc and nothing worked. Now I'm having surgery to have this [what I have is a neuroma] neuroma removed. What did your doc say your issue was? I'm also training for my first marathon in Nov. which is why I finally said let's just do the freaking surgery...
Old 06-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #9  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm3898 View Post

OMG SPARTAN RACE yesterday - 5 of the hilliest mountain miles with CRAZY obstacles = I thought I might die/pass out at multiple points but I kept with it and finished with 1:45 which was 97th/2700 women's overall!! Very proud of that but I need to get back to real training 6x/week with hills - I've been slacking the last two months. I start marathon training next month though so I'm not too worried.
Sorry to come here lurking, but congrats on your Spartan Race! Was it the on in NY?
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #10  
Training for life!

Everyone Turbo wrote a report on her SPARTAN race,It's a great report and has pictures very inspiring!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #11  
WC

Thanks Turbo! yes it was NY - I did NJ Super Spartan last year, Citi Field lats month & NY Sprint so far.

This year [I must be crazy] - I'm going for the trifecta - NY [Yesterday], NJ [Sept] and...the BEAST in VT [Sept] while marathon training at the same time...I have quite a summer ahead of me!

Turbo - you did it too? I've love to read your report can you send me the link!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #12  

Tabbycat here.

Old lady on the Texas coast (Houston) is slowing down... heat and humidity take a toll. I've slowed to two mile jogs instead of three miles, and I'm drenched and dripping with sweat. I do like the rosy glow I have for the next couple of hours!
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #13  

Kscott - that's a great quote!!

lm3898 - the pain was on the top of my left foot and I was worried it was a stress fracture. But it turns out I have ganglion cysts in the tops of both my feet (just my luck!!). He says its not unheard of for runners to get these there because of the friction between the top of your foot and your shoe. So he just aspirated the left foot, said keep an eye on the right one, and hope they don't come back. They often do, and eventually you could opt to have surgery to try to fix it more permanently, but this doc says he prefers not to do foot surgery on runners unless he absolutely has no other choice.

When is your surgery?? Where on your foot would that incision be? How long off running for recovery? I'm sorry you have to go through that although if it solves your issue for good I'm sure it will be worth it.

I'm so impressed with folks like you and Turbo for doing those obstacle courses!! Maybe after a few months of crossfit I'll feel brave enough to try one

Tabby - make sure you take care of yourself out there in this weather!!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #14  
Training for life!

No running yesterday to much SMOKE! We are over a hundred miles away but it was super thick! Deep cleaning rugs furniture ect .Did get in 90 min of weights,and today Tues work and puppy class.Will do personals tomarro.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #15  
WC

Deva that's nuts!!

Kindasorta- my surgery is June 25th - only 1 - 2 days recovery and if it actually fixes the problem I'll die of happiness lol. Seriously the worst foot pain after 3 miles now...I need it over. I'm doing a radiofrequency procedure which is in and out with no scarring supposedly & 70% success rate.