Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 09:47 PM   #106  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Evening ladies!

Kristen, that is fantastic! WTG on losing 2.4 pounds. You are doing such a great job. Hope you had a nice visit with your nephew and your parents.

Janine, even though you are not walking on the treadmill you ARE getting the exercise in, and doing a GREAT job with your eating. WTG!

I have done swell today with the eating and with the walk. I surprised myself and walked 5 miles, and boy do I feel it! I don't think I have done a 5 mile walk, not sure. Anyway, just checking in to say HI to EVERYONE. and post my miles for the day.

Lynne, Jen, jenifer, Noelle & Kristi hope you all are having a great Saturday, what's left of it. See ya ladies

June Goal~75 miles
6/21/03~5 miles
Total Miles 6/03~52
Miles to go~23
Old 06-22-2003, 12:35 PM   #107  
One day at a time

Talking HAPPY Sunday Ladies!

I woke up in such a GREAT mood this morning, and that hardly ever happens! I am not a morning person, I have to force myself to get up, but once I get up and going I am a happy camper.

I got a 3 mile walk in so far this morning. I say so far because I feel so energized for some reason and I have a feeling I will do another walk later. I hope this feeling lasts for days!

Hi to EVERYONE and I hope you ALL are having a SPECTACULAR Sunday!! Talk to ya later...

June Goal~75 miles
6/22/03~4.5 miles
Total Miles 6/03~56.5
Miles to go~18.5

P.S. Just wanted to add another 1.5 miles to my miles for the day. I do believe I will pass up my goal this month.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 06-23-2003 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:31 PM   #108  

No walking on the treadmill today but I wish I knew how much walking I really did at the car show today!!!!!!! I did alot of walking! We were sitting so far away from most everything and I think from about 10:30AM till 5:30PM I may have sat for a total of 1½ hours. The rest of the time was spent walking or standing around talking to friends.
Food wise again I feel I made a good choice from what they had to offer.
1 SlimFast meal bar
3 cups coffee with Equal
1 roast beef on weck and horseradish again My other choices were hotdog, hamburger, fried balognia or Italian sausage. I figure the roast beef would be the choice with the least fat.
I also drank 4 bottles of water and almost 1 liter of Clear American flavored water.
Oh BTW...the car I drove to today's car show got an award of Outstanding in Class! It is an unrestored Olds 442 convertable.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:37 PM   #109  

Hi everyone! I've read the entire thread today and it motivated me to reply and join in! I probably walk 2 miles a day and run another half or whole mile...depending on my schedule. My goal for the remaining month of June is 20 miles. I should probably introduce myself first however...my name is Michelle, I'm a 21 yr old college student looking to lose 5-10 pounds. Hopefully with all the wonderful support and motivation, I can do it by the end of August when I'll be starting a brand new university and might be seeing my ex boyfriend for the first time in a year. (depending if he can take the time off) *crosses fingers* Good luck to everyone!!!! Happy Sunday!!! )

CW-134
GW-125
Old 06-22-2003, 10:09 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Cristi, I just read your Fri. post and you sounded so down on yourself. I'm so glad that you're so up today now. I never want to hear you thinking of yourself as a cow. You're an awesome lady and don't you forget it!!!Wtg on that 5 mile walk. That's ambition for you.

Kristen, Woo hoo another 2.4 gone. You are just rockin' girl! I took your advice on dressing to feel good. When me and dh went out for his bd I wore a dress with some strappy heels.... the first heels I've worn in ages, especially open toe ones...I felt so sexy and you could tell my honey appreciated the extra effort too. So, this weekend I went out and bought a new "hotty" outfit. Tight fitting denim "spanish" dance skirt with a bright red fitted peasant top with the lace up front. Definitely nothing I'd ever wear in my "regular" life, but when out with my hubby, why not? Hope you had a great weekend!

Janine, Your food choices are so perfect. I ate a peanut buster parfait from DQ today. Very naughty, but I left my 9 yr. old 70 miles away at Bible camp until Fri. so the ice cream made me feel better. So you should be really proud of what you're doing right now. Maybe you should wear a pedometer while at car shows. Maybe you'd find out you don't have to feel guilty about ignoring you tm on show days!!

Welcome Galzooks, If it's motivation you need, we've got it.

MY great niece is having trouble with jauntice so my niece was totally wore out from taking the baby and her 2 yr. old to the dr. every day but Tues. So they were not going to make it to the zoo for the feast with us. Since the zoo is 90 miles away we decided to do the beach instead. Which was better, we were able to relax plus I kept within my cal. range on Sat. Maybe next year. I did no exercise yesterday, but did walk 4 miles after eating the DQ treat today. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

GM 35 / MW 48

BGM 24 / MB 14 / BMTG 10

Kristi
Old 06-23-2003, 12:15 AM   #111  
One day at a time

Kristi, did I sound that down? I hope it didn't sound like I was whining. I didn't feel down per se just like a bloated pig, or should I say cow. But I know I ALWAYS feel better when I come here, even if I just lurk. Not sure what was going on this month with TOM but it was horrible, and it seems like I get a bit depressed towards the end of it, hormones I guess. WTG on the 4 miles and good for you for buying the outfit!! I want to dress up for hubby but he works so much so we hardly go out. But I am glad to hear you and hubby had a GREAT time for his birthday, and I know you were lookin' good!! I hope your great niece is fine.

Janine, I would have to say you did get a work out with all that walking at the car show. You definitely are doing a great job in the eating department.

A BIG WELCOME to you Galzooks!! You will enjoy this thread, the ladies here are MAUVELOUS!! Lots of motivation, inspiration and support for sure!

Okay, that's about it for me ladies. I am outta here. Hope EVERYONE has a good one. Ta Ta...
Old 06-23-2003, 01:17 PM   #112  
One day at a time

Talking HAPPY Monday Ladies!

Hope everyone is enjoying the day.

Just wanted to check in and say Hi to everyone. I haven't done my walk as of yet but will be as soon as I am off this thing.

Today was weigh in and I am down 3 pounds. Well, actually 1.5 because I gained 1.5 during TOM but hey a loss is a loss and I will take every little bit I can get! That's about all I have for now. I will check back later and post my miles for the day. Eight days left ladies to make those goals. Come on get those feet moving, you can do it!! WE can do it!! Okay, I am in a silly mood today. Have a good one.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:34 PM   #113  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Re: HAPPY Monday Ladies!

Quote:
Originally posted by EvasiveMarigold
Eight days left ladies to make those goals.
Thanks(?!!) for reminding me how many days I have left Cristi . OMG! I have been slacking this weekend--no walking since Thursday... that means I have 8 days to walk 32.5 miles. Hmmm, don't know if I'll make it but I'll sure try .

I've had to recommit myself to this weight loss effort yet again this Monday. I've been backsliding for weeks! Tsk, tsk. The lowest weight I've been so far this journey was 170, back in April...I'm back up to 180 as of this morning. My 14's are getting a bit snug and I feel like a failure as far as keeping this motivation to keep going. I need you gals to lift me up! I know that I have to do the work to get the weight off, it helps to have you all here backing me in my efforts.

Cristi congrats on your loss! WTG! You too Kristen, you gals are doing great.

Welcome Michelle to our little walking corner. Glad you could join us.

Kristi your outfit sounds great, nothing like a new outfit out of the ordinary to lift your spirits. I'm sending good vibes : for little Daisy (?) to get better.

Janine that's a really cool car the Olds 442 convertible. My BIL used to "collect" Cutlass Supreme's back in the 70's. Congrats on your award!

Lynne and Jenifer, how are you ladies doing?

Did I miss anyone? Hope not! Hope you all had a wonderful day. I will get out this evening and walk my blues away... talk with you all later. Take care.

Miles to Go: 32.5
Old 06-24-2003, 12:47 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Cristi, You certainly didn't sound like a whiner!!Just that maybe you needed a shoulder - I so appreciate when we all share our blue days here - we shouldn't hide them - if we do where's the support? We need to write how we are truly feeling so someone who's having a better day can beauy us up. I hope from time to time I can do that. Congrats. on your 3# loss, that is so great! You've been doing just terrific. WTG!

Noelle, Climb back on the bus girl - you are so worth the effort it takes. Remember, this journey offers so many rewards other than a smaller size. It's great for our self esteem - for our hearts - our lungs - our joints - our children - and on and on! You can do this you are an Awesome June Babe!!
PS. Get that piggy out of you CW. What those numbers tell me is that you've managed to lose and keep off 38#. That's something to be VERY proud of!

As for my life, my Daisy's billiruben is back to normal. Yeahhhh! My 6 yr old dd had to have a piece of metal removed from her yey yesterday. It was one of those, " I'm the worst mother in the world days, " yesterday. Last Mon. dd got something in her eye while swinging at the park.I could see something, she cried, it looked aweful, but then she napped and didn't complain anymore
until Thur. when I looked then I couldn't see anything so I figured it had worked itself out and the "scratch" had to heal.No complaints again until yesterday when she first got up. Looking then I could see something again, luckily the eye dr. was willing to see her right away. That thing had allready started to rust! They needed to numb her eye and first remove the piece, but then the poor thing had to summer a little spinning brush on her eye to remove the rust stains.(which wouldn't have been there had I brought her in sooner) She never cried, no whining, no complaints. The dr. and his staff are convinced she's made of steel! He siad he's had grown men react far worse with smaller pieces. He couldn't believe her stamina and patience. I think that's a woman thing, when the gowing gets tough we get tougher! She went back today and it's healing remarkably well thankgoodness. He wants to see her again tomorrow.If that's my saga for the week I will servive!
Did a 3 mile WATP tape yesterday. I need to get on that bike!

GM 35 / MW 51
BGM 24 / MB 14 / BMTG 10

Kristi

Update : I was able to do an 8 mile bike ride tonight. Considering we have 100% humidity I felt great. It took until the 3 mile to feel great, but that's another story. I have my doubts about hitting my goal of a 5# loss this month, but at least I now know my walking and biking goals will be met. Yipppeeee!

Last edited by lovnmom; 06-24-2003 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:38 PM   #115  
so close, yet so far...

Aww shucks "mom" I took the pig out of my CW, and replaced it with a happy smiling flower/sun thing... I'm in a better mood today and look forward to staying OP. Unlike Cristi, I was whining yesterday but I'm ready to shut up and do what it takes to get this weight off. I visited my old work place to deliver some candles and one of my co-workers complimented me on my appearance. That lifted my spirits. There was an article in our local paper about how women who may not be overweight, still have a distorted body-image and may not be "comfortable" with themselves. I guess we need to take Jenifer's advice and "love the skin we're in" .

Kristi I'm so glad to hear about Daisy. And oh my gosh, your daughter was so brave! I was cringing just reading your description of what happened. Don't kick yourself because you didn't take her in to the doc right away. If you couldn't see anything and she wasn't complaining about it, I wouldn't have acted immediately either. She's okay now and that's the main thing.

I did get my walk in yesterday evening, had to cut it a street short since I pushed my son in the stroller and that bugger fell asleep! His head was lolling from side to side and I felt sorry for him. But I got that cardio in and I was sweating. Looks like I'll have to do 3.5 miles everyday then the 5.2 miles on Sat. and Sun... sounds like a lot, but doable if I push myself. I think I can, I think I can...

Miles to Go: 29.5
Old 06-24-2003, 06:52 PM   #116  
One day at a time

Angry Evening Ladies!

OMG! Kristi, I too was cringing when reading about your dd's eye, OUCH! Poor thing, I am glad to hear it is better and healing nicely. Isn't it funny how it didn't bother her for days? Don't be so hard on yourself. I too would have done the same. If you look and look and don't see anything and she's not saying it is bothering her then how are you to know? I can tell by all your posts you are a GREAT mother! Glad to hear about Daisy also, she is such a cutie! You are so right about writing how we truly feel and I appreciate that. I think I read too many of these threads and on one of them I saw they don't want any whining but then thought well if you are having a bad day and looking for support are you not supposed to say anything? Because isn't that why we are here? Looking for support, inspiration and motivation? And also to give the same in return? I thought so anyway. I think I was thinking of that thread though as I was posting. But you are absolutely right! Thank you.

Noelle, don't say I think I can, I think I can ,because I know you can and will! I am glad you are in a better mood, you are a beautiful lady! I agree with you about Jenifer saying we need to love the skin we're in, that is so true, now if only it were that easy for me. That is something I am working on and it is hard. I was picturing your little boy sleeping in the stroller and thinking how cute. Children are so sweet and look like little angels when they are sleeping. I used to love to watch my kids sleep when they were small, sooooo cute!

Well, I wonder how everyone else is doing? Jenifer, hope you are doing fine and enjoying school. Lynne, we are missing you lady. Jen, you must be having a FANTASTIC vacation. Kristen and Janine hope you ladies are doing fine also. Why does is always seem like I am missing someone? We are missing you ladies.

I haven't gotten a walk in today and I don't know if I will. I have been going all day long and I am pooped. I just want to go lay down and sleep! Can't though, not yet. so I may try to get in a mile at least but not counting on it. I did do a 3 mile walk yesterday. I am going to leave today's miles blank for now just in case I do a walk.

Talk to you ladies later or tomorrow.

June Goal~75 miles
6/23/03~3 miles
6/24/03~zero
Total Miles 6/03~59.5
Miles to go~15.5

P.S. I wanted to add that I didn't get that walk in afterall, which is fine. Just too pooped.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 06-25-2003 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:40 PM   #117  
Pending Email Confirmation

hey babes!

how are you all doing? i haven't been out here in forever. i guess i've been busy. i feel like i haven't been at home for a long period of time... and when i am... i'm cleaning or doing some other type of housework. i haven't been able to read anyone's postings since my last post. i'm such a bad person for inspiration! i promise to catch up by the end of the week.

as for my miles.... if i remember this correctly. i did 4 on sunday. it was raining, but i did 2 2-mile tapes.... and then yesterday and today i did 3.5 miles. that is 11 miles total. woo hoo. i am really hoping to make goal!

my new new balance sneaks are killing my feet. well... the balls of my feet are always sore after i walk. i don't get it... if they're walking shoes... wouldn't that help me to walk... and not put me through pain? ah well...

have a nice night babes! i need my beauty sleep.

JUNE GOAL: 70 miles
MILES WALKED: 56 miles
MILES TO GOAL: 14 miles
Old 06-25-2003, 03:36 AM   #118  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies. I did an awesome walk this afternoon. I actually got out a little early while my son was napping (I left him w/my sister) and went on the longer route so I got in 5.2 miles today. I think I'm getting motivated to meet my 90 mile goal this month. Thanks for the encouragement!

Kristen, sorry to hear your feet are hurtin'. I think I tend to favor running shoes over walking shoes--I prefer the way they contour to your foot, rather than the way walking shoes are more bulky and orthopedic looking...could just be esthetics though in my case. I loved my New Balance shoes from day 1, no problems so far.

Kristi--WTG on the 8 mile bike ride--and in 100% humidity?!! Whew! That's miserable. You go girl. Hope your girl's eye check up went well.

Cristi, thanks for the compliments. I see you've walked about 60 miles already--that is wonderful! It's amazing how those miles add up huh? You're one busy lady, don't work too hard and most of all never beat yourself up if you've worked all day and can't find the time to walk. There's always tomorrow.

well, everyone else, Lynne, Janine, Jen, Jenifer...ummm, anyone else I may have missed, have a great night and a better tomorrow! walk walk walk

Miles to Go: 24.3
Old 06-25-2003, 12:29 PM   #119  
One day at a time

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Boy, I sure am dragging this morning. I need to get a quick fix with a cup of tea. I thought maybe getting my walk done early this morning I would be feeling energetic, not happening.
I think I will take a nap later, maybe that will do the trick. Don't have much to do today, thank goodness. Just loads of laundry, but isn't that like an every day thing? Sure seems like it around here.

WTG Noelle on your 5.2 mile walk. See, I knew you could do it!

Kristen, WTG on your walking also. Sorry to hear your feet are hurting. My hubby wears the New Balance running shoes and loves them. He says they are very comfortable. I bought some Nike walking shoes and Noelle you are right about them looking like orthopedic shoes! They do but I wanted something more comfortable than what I have which are Sketchers and they are perfect! And I must have tried about a dozen pair of shoes on before these. But these were the most comfortable and I only wear them when walking so I can deal with the orthopedic look!

Kristi, WTG on that 8 mile bike ride, and in 100% humidity?! You are a There is no way I would get out in that kind of humidity. It has been very humid here the last few days and on top of it the wind is blowing which makes it even worse. I am so glad I have a treadmill. I would melt!

To the rest of you June Babes hope you are doing GREAT also! Take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL day!

June Goal~75 miles
6/25/03~4 miles
Total Miles 6/03~63.5
Miles to go~11.5
Old 06-26-2003, 02:37 AM   #120  
so close, yet so far...

Hi Ladies, just a quickie post as I've got to pry my son off the Xbox games and into bed soon. I got my regular route in today 3.5 miles. I was kinda sore from yesterday's walk, guess i was a little overzealous...I think I'll try to do another 5.2 tomorrow though if the sky gets overcast, otherwise it's too hot to go early and then too dark to walk the whole way... I took my son to visit a possible new preschool today. The classrooms were really spacious with lots of quality toys and learning materials. The only thing I didn't like was the child to teacher ratio--I asked the center director what the class size was for the 4-5 year olds and she said 25 kids for 1 teacher and 1 aide. That seemed like a rather high # for kids per teacher...his current class only has 14 kids and they have 1 teacher, and 2 regular aides, plus volunteers that "float" between the other 2 classes. Is it just me? or am I a paranoid mother thinking that my child will be lost in the shuffle? 4-5 year olds shouldn't be left to their own devices for too long, should they? I saw some kids running out of the classroom to the hallway and into the restrooms without so much as a second glance from the teacher or aide...I have to think about this new place, maybe I'll look into other facilities as well. I just wish his current school wasn't closing, then I wouldn't be forced to place him in a new place . Well, this "quick" post has turned into a novella, so I'll stop here.

Hope all you ladies have had a wonderful day. Check you out tomorrow.

Miles to Go: 20.80
Closed Thread