Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 08:45 AM   #91  
Beauty is within...

Hi guys. Thanks for the hugs - much appreciated!

I had a much better day today, but still didn't get round to the exercise. It's amazing how these days can affect you mentally, and you have to drag yourself out of the quicksand to get back on track. But definitely better today!

Will come in tomorrow with great news about lots of energetic exercise I'm sure!!

Night!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:46 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Kristen, WTG your miles are really adding up, awesome!

Jenifer, Phew! You're schedule made my head spin. Remember to plan, plan ,plan, your meals so you don't get caught short on time, you'll just do great!!

Noelle, Thanks for the welcome, mom and baby are both doing fine. They live about 90 miles from me, so I haven't held her yet, boo hoo!! We have plans with them for this weekend though, I can hardly waite. We're going to Henry Vilas Zoo in Madison for the "Feast With the Beasts" this is an annual fund raiser for it's a non profit zoo. For the meager sum of $15 / family we will be entertained by 5 different bands plus like 10 different resteraunts, Italian, Thai, cajun, etc... let you eat for 6 hrs. straight. I'm trying to save a few cals. each day this week in anticipation. I think it's going to be a good thing I dropped 3# so early in the month

Lynne, You headed down the right path once again yesterday, WTG !!

I was able to do the 1 and 2 mile WATP tapes today and am really hoping for a 6 mile bike ride tonight, but hubby has a meeting at 7pm so I don't know!? HAve a great Tues. all.

GM 35 / MW 33 / MTG 2

Kristi

Update : 2 more miles on the bike trail. I've hit my June walking goal. Yippppeee!!!! Now I just have to get going on those bike miles.

Last edited by lovnmom; 06-17-2003 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:58 AM   #93  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. I got my regular route of 3.5 miles in today. It was a bit more challenging (for my patience and stamina). I had to take my son along w/me. I first had to find a pair of shoes in the house that fit. He's 4 1/2 years old and boy do those feet grow fast! He's got to have 3 pairs of shoes at least, but I'll be darned if none of them fit--they were all too small. I swear I just bought some 2 mos. ago! My parents who normally watch my boy while I go out walking are getting ready for a 2 week vacation trip to San Diego and then onto Sacramento to visit family. I guess this was a practice run for me as far as bringing the boy along. I brought his stroller along just in case he got tired--he's much too tall for it, 42" when the limit is supposed to be 36"....but pushing 42 lbs around is definitely a workout. It's kind of fun to have him along he's such a chatterbox.

Lynne glad to hear your're feeling better. You'll be up to speed in no time.

Kristi you're "feast w/the beasts" sounds like such fun. I'm sure you'll have a great time. That's such a bargain too.

Well, I'd like to say hello to all of the rest of you... I need to get showered and then to bed. have a good night all.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:51 PM   #94  

Noelle, I love to take my little guy along with me. He notices so many things I would just blow by on my way to the finish line. I always figure the extra weight you push or pull makes up for the slower pace. Some days though I just have to go alone to be with my thoughts. Big people are the ones I avoid walking with, so often they want to spend the time talking about problems or gossiping and both ruin my experience

It's my 9th anniversary today and I woke up with TOM. Needless to say hubby will be thrilled We have no real plans since we've been out the past 2 Sat. nights and 2 of the children have ball tonight, but that's ok. Me and the dog did 3 miles this morning and I was glad we did. I actually got so lost in thought I never felt as though I was doing more than 2. I kind of snapped out of it and I was almost home. I love it when that happens. Maybe that's kind of like runners high?!?!

Have a great day all.

GM 35 / MW 38 / MTG 0
BGM 24 / MB 14 / MTG 18

Kristi

Update : I did 8 miles on my bikey today!

Last edited by lovnmom; 06-18-2003 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:11 PM   #95  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies!

Kristi, CONGRATULATION'S on the new addition to the family! She is adorable, and I absolutley love the name Daisy!! So cute! Of course I love daisies, the reason for the daisy avatar I had before and will probably change once again, but I thought it was silly to have a daisy with the evasivemarigold. I just haven't been able to find a marigold anywhere. I think I am going to use my doggies photo for an avatar, he is such a cutie! Anyway, makes me want one even more. We actually have been trying for about 2 years, no luck. Oh well, the way I see it if it was meant to be it will, if not I can live with it and am very blessed to have had 4. Hope you have a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Noelle, GLAD to see you back! So sorry to hear of your friends passing.

Jenifer, I know all too well about your crazy schedule. I did the school thing last summer and then over the fall/spring. While I thoroughly enjoyed it it got a bit overwhelming for me sometimes. Those 3 hours classes seem soooo very long sometimes. The funny thing is I think I want to go back and take some more classes. I feel like I am making myself a better person. Still don't have the dream job but I am smarter for going! Anyway, I hope you have a fun adventure. What kind of degree are you going for?

((((((Lynne)))))), glad to hear things are a bit better and you are getting back on track, WTG!

Kristen, WTG, keep up the good work. You are doing an awesome job with your walking. Of course now we know why, the calves! No really 25 pounds gone is AWESOME!

Jen, where are you? For some reason I thought you were just going to be gone for a week, anyway I hope you are having a fantastic vacation!

Well, for me I am doing fine with the eating and walking and the water drinking. I only missed one day of walking, which was Sunday. of course I forgot to post my miles for the 14th. Instead of editing that post I am including it here. Haven't done my walk for today yet but as soon as I get off I will get to it. Will check in this evening and post it. Monday was weigh in and I was up 1.5 pounds but it's not a big deal. It's TOM so I attribute it to that and know next weigh in it will be gone plus some. I have just felt so bloated and fat the last few days because of TOM.

Okay, hope EVERYONE is having a GOOD day! Later...

June Goal~75 miles
6/14/03~3.26 miles
6/15/03~zero
6/16/03~2.20 miles
6/17/03~4 miles
6/18/03~zero
Total Miles 6/03~43.57
Miles to go~31.43

P.S. Just checking in one last time. I didn't get a walk in today afterall. After I finally got off the computer I had a few things to get done and then sat down to watch some of Oprah and starting dozing and have been dozing since. I would love to turn in early but I know that won't happen. I will see you ladies in tomorrow sometime, busy day tomorrow.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 06-18-2003 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:02 PM   #96  
Pending Email Confirmation

hello all you babes out there.

today was my nephew's first birthday! happy birthday joey! my sister and brother in law planned a barbecue for the big occassion. so i took the day off and went down there. a much needed day off. and it was great seeing joey again! he's sucha cutie. i can't believe that he is ONE!

not to mention, that my brother in law's mom noticed i lost weight! woo hoo! i love that. it totally keeps me motivated. i ate very well today. had a burger and even a slice of carvel cake. it was a small piece... but i still had it! so i didn't deprive myself of anything.

let's see... i totally took the day off of any walking. my quads were absolutely killing me after my walk last night. i bought a discman last night and i wanted to try it out... so i walked with it with a cd that my friend made... and i told myself that i wasn't going to stop until it was all through. and ya wanna know what? that was 4 miles later! so today was a day off for me. it's kinda crappy out, anyway. tomorrow i'll be back on it... hopefully.

lynne - glad that you are feeling better! i'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time!

kristi - happy 9th anniversary! that's great. and great job on the walking with the dog!! what do you think about the watp tapes? they're a good alternative, i find. i only have the two mile one. that can keep my butt in gear, i tell ya. i'll have to buy the three mile one when i master the two.

noelle - children grow up ridiculously fast! looks like the little guy needs so sneaks. maybe i should take him sneaker shopping with me! i prefer new balance as well. there's an nb outlet just a half hour from me. i think i'm going to go hit it this saturday! btw. thanks for the welcome into onderland!!! i didn't think i'd be here this early.

cristi - tom really sucks! at least you realize that the gain at weigh in was because of that. good job with the walking. you're kicking some serious booty! wtg!

jenifer - sounds like you have some crazy days in there! excellent job at staying focused through it all. i find staying focused a challenge... and i don't even have that much going on! great job!

alrightie girls.... have a nice evening... chat tomorrow...

JUNE GOAL: 70 miles
MILES WALKED: 40 miles
MILES TO GOAL: 30 miles
Old 06-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Just a quick check before I go to work. I haven't walked or any kind of activity like that since Monday. I'm pretty bummed but I'll get over that. I'm not going to Weigh In on Saturday due to I am leaving on a camping trip Friday! Whoohoo! I will respond tonight or Sunday night! Have a great weekend if I don't post again all you Hottie Babes!
Old 06-19-2003, 01:03 PM   #98  

Well, now today is hubby's 35th bday so I'm just checking in and logging exercise. Will respond to you bevy of beauties later. I gotta get that cake frosted uuughhh!
1 and 2 mile WATP tapes.

GM 35 / MW 41
BGM 24 / MB 14 / BMTG 10

Have agreat day all

Kristi
Old 06-19-2003, 03:15 PM   #99  
so close, yet so far...

Hi ladies, just checking in for yesterday...I was so lazy yesterday and didn't walk. DH came home from work early for a change so I didn't want to leave the house, it's so rare that we get to sit down and have dinner together so i had to take advantage. And I have a confession to make. I went to the store yesterday after work with the sole intent of buying some chocolate chip cookies . I went, I bought, I ate . SO that's off my chest (but onto my hips), and I feel bad, but hey I'll get over it. I WILL go out and walk this evening, I promise.

I do have a bit of positive news though, I measured my extended weekend route--you know the one I've been reporting as 4 miles? Well ladies, it's actually 5.2 miles! How 'bout them apples? I guess I'm a really bad judge of distance . It takes me just over an hour and a half to and hour and 45 minutes or so which is why I only do it on the weekends, but I was really suprised and happy to find out the distance. Now if I could only get the eating part down again.

Kristi happy belated anniversary wishes and birthday wishes to your hubby. . Have fun today.

Jenifer, have a great time on your camping trip. I'm not too fond of the outdoors myself...I prefer camping hotel style .

Kristen, happy belated b-day to Joey . You did great at the BBQ AND got complimented on the weight loss. That is definitely a great motivator to keep on trying ain't it?

Cristi, we all understand how there aren't enough hours in the day to do things sometimes. Take time to enjoy the flowers and most of all, take care of YOU.

Lynne hope you're having a great week.

Janine, what happened to Janine? Hope you're doing great as well.

Jen must be enjoying her trip w/family... maybe be back next week?

Any other ladies I may have missed, keep walking and stay healthy. I'll check you gals out later.

Total Walked To Date: 54
Miles to Go: 36
Old 06-19-2003, 04:43 PM   #100  

Quote:
Janine, what happened to Janine? Hope you're doing great as well.
Noelle,
Thanks so much for thinking of me. I am reading but not doing good at all. I have lost all modivation to walk on my treadmill. I am hoping that after school is over with I can get back to things.
Weight wise I am holding my own. I keep going from 153 to 155 lbs. I have been trying to watch my diet and doing OK. Today for breakfast I had 2 cups of coffee with Splenda and lunch was a Chicken Ceaser salad from BK with Light Done Right Italian and a bottle of water. I have been trying to eat like this. Supper is probably gonna be Boston Market chicken with light sides. DH is gonna be late and I have been in a cooking slump.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:47 AM   #101  
so close, yet so far...

Just a quickie to update my mileage, then off to hit the showers. have a good night all.

ps. Janine, no worries on your slump--maybe your body just needs time to adjust to this weight. Think about it this way--you've maintained over a 50 lb loss from your highest weight--that is totally awesome! You'll get your mojo back when the time is right. Keep on reading and posting. We need you here too.
Miles to Go: 32.5
Old 06-20-2003, 08:15 PM   #102  

Janine, It's so great to know you're still reading. Holding your own is totally something to be proud of. You're making terrific food choices something is bound to give soon. Hang in there and you'll be loving your tm again before you know it.

Noelle, How awesome to find out your route is so much longer than you thought. It makes you just want to go out and find a 6 mile route, doesn't it?

Kristen, Great job at the BBQ! I wish I had done as well out for dh's bday last night. I'm talking sampler platter to start plus an entree, but boy it was good! It was our first visit to "Damons". I'm going to meet my 8 day old grand niece tomorrow. I can hardly waite.

I drove to a different section of bike trail and did 4 miles tonight. It was a good thing I had planned 4 miles since I was not into it at all for at least the first 1.75 miles. Probably because I got started at 5pm and I usually walk around 7am, but I knew the way I ate last night and will eat at the "Feast With the Beasts" tomorrow that I had to get out there and do at least 4 miles. When I was done I felt better than I had all day so it wasworth it of course. Have a great weekend all, I sure hope Jenifer's having a blast camping!

GM 35 / MW 45

BGM 24 / MB 14 / BMTG 10

Kristi
Old 06-20-2003, 11:08 PM   #103  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies, Jenifer, Jen, Janine, Noelle, Kristi, Kristen & Lynne, I hope I am not forgetting anyone. Seems like I always do but not intentionally. I hope EVERYONE had a WONDERFUL Friday.

I had posted earlier but after typing this very long post when I clicked submit the computer locked up on me. UGH! I lost it, don't you hate that?! So I thought I would try later, this being later. Haven't been doing so good in the eating and walking department. I have been pigging out the last two days. Okay, let me clarify. I haven't been eating from dusk to dawn, just not making the right choices. This constant running is going to be the death of me. The last two days I have eaten fast food for all three meals, not good I know but tomorrow is a new day and I will be getting back on track. Haven't gotten any exercise in either except for today. I forced myself to walk. I don't like taking two days off from my walking for fear of getting lazy. But I surprised myself by getting in a little over 3 miles this evening, and had no problem. It actually felt good. Anyway, back on track tomorrow for sure especially with just a little over a week to make goal. Anyway, just wanted to post the miles walked and say hey to everyone. I changed my avatar to a cow because that is how I have been feeling the last two days, like a big cow, mooooooo! I need to the the avatar alone but I can't find one I really like. Okay, talk to you ladies tomorrow. Have a FANTASTIC weekend ladies!

June Goal~75 miles
6/19/03~zero
6/20/03~3.43 miles
Total Miles 6/03~47
Miles to go~28
Old 06-21-2003, 03:03 PM   #104  
Pending Email Confirmation

hey girls

just gonna post my miles before i forget! after taking weds off, i walked around the tufts track again for another 3 miles. i was planning on walking friday night, but my nephew was over my parents house... so i decided to go over there and spend time with him. by the time i left, it was 930... and i really wasn't in the mood to go walking. but today, i had weigh in. woo hoo. down another 2.4! 30 total. such a nice round number. i felt like i lost weight, but i didn't think 2.4! so i was happy. then i went to famous footwear to buy some new sneaks. the ones i really wanted weren't there, so i bought the ones that i liked best. new balance 755s. and i already used them today. two miles on the tufts track! go me! anyway, i really need to get ready to go out. i hope you all are having a fantastic weekend. so far the weather hasn't been completely miserable. i hope this holds up.

JUNE GOAL: 70 miles
MILES WALKED: 45 miles
MILES TO GOAL: 25 miles
Old 06-21-2003, 08:53 PM   #105  

Well, yet again I didn't get on this treadmill. I was gone all day at another car show that we worked. I was on my feet almost all day. My whole body aches and I want to get in the tub for a long hot soak. I have DS#1 in there now and when he's done DS#2 will go in then it's my turn if there is any hot water left. I am really serious about getting back to excercising next week. Tomorrow we will be going to another car show but thankfully not one we need to work but will probably be doing alot of walking around so...
Diet wise my choices for today were:
1 slimFast meal bar
4 cups of coffee with Equal
1 roast beef sandwich on Kimmelwich and loaded with horseradish
1 grilled chicken salad with regular ranch dressing (didn't have low fat
3 - 20oz bottles of water
Closed Thread