3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Insanity Support! :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/279203-insanity-support.html)

iJustWant2Run 04-06-2013 10:37 AM

Insanity Support! :)

I was just wondering if anybody out there was doing Insanity workout by Shaun T? I found an old thread from the beginning of the year, but it seems that nobody is posting there any more. :( So I thought of just making a new thread, and everybody who is doing, planning to do or even just thinking about doing the Insanity workouts, can motivate each other. :)

iJustWant2Run 04-07-2013 06:53 PM

Just incase there are people out there reading this and considering doing the Insanity workouts but just aren't sure if they can do them physically: YOU CAN! :) I'm so far out of shape, it's a shame, and I will done with my first week of Insanity today! :carrot: It was definitely hard, and definitely a challenge but I did it! Some of the things that I love about the Insanity work outs are that it's okay if you can't keep up. It's okay if you have to modify some of the moves or pause the video a bajillion times to take a break when you need it. And it makes me feel better seeing the people in the video (who have already completed the program!) collapsing from exhaustion, or stopping in the middle to take a break. It makes me feel not so bad about having to stop, but those people have to stop sometimes too to catch their breath or grab a drink of water. I like that Shaun T tells you constantly, not to compromise form for speed, and to rest when you need it. It's a beast of a workout in the beginning but you can do it! I'm already loving how I don't feel so stiff or "old" when I get out of bed in the morning. :) I know that there isn't anybody in here asking for support but I wanted to post anyway just in case there is somebody out there thinking that they'd love to give it a try, but think that it'll be too hard. It IS hard! It is most definitely a challenge, but the way you feel after you complete a workout, even if you had to modify the moves and pause it a million times like I did, is awesome! You can do it! Don't doubt yourself! DIG DEEPER! :)

nitrus29 04-13-2013 05:30 PM

iJustWant2Run ~ first up BIG UPs for finishing week 1 :high:

I ordered the INSANITY DVDs today and I can imagine what an effort you might have put in. I was looking for a thread on INSANITY support and I'm glad I found you. I'm waiting for the mail man to come knocking !! Can't wait to DIG DEEP !! :D
Will keep in touch with you here !! KEEP GOING !! :carrot:

Skinnygirldreams 04-13-2013 06:09 PM

I am waiting for my Insanity DVDs to get here! Can't wait to get started. I am planning on doing this inbetween my two days a week that I do personal trainer.

nitrus29 04-16-2013 02:57 PM

Just got the DVDs in mail today. Was rushing out for work so just picked up the box and kept it on the kitchen counter. It reads INSANITY in bold. Can't get it out of my mind. Can't wait to get started though I am apprehensive. :^:
The videos look wicked !!! :dizzy:
Do I need to lose some weight before I put myself through it?? :?:

Pink Hurricane 04-17-2013 01:23 PM

My husband and I started Insanity last night! We did the fit test and then went ahead and did one of the extra dvds they sent us, the Insane Abs one. I am DEFINITELY out of shape, but my husband was yelling support for me while we were pushing through some seriously harder moves and it worked, hearing him support me like that made me keep going.

I had to take a lot of those 2 second breaks but I kept going. I had to modify a lot, but once again I realize my body is going to get stronger and it will adapt. When my husband called me from work earlier, he said we are definitely doing Insanity when we both get home after work, so I cannot wait for more, even though it is hard!

I am super sore today but it feels so good!

Nitrus
~ I thought I might need to lose weight (I am 246 as well) but you can modify the moves until you start to get leaner and stronger, just push yourself to the best of your abilities! You can do this!

nitrus29 04-17-2013 06:14 PM

wow PinkHurricane.. that's good to know!! & way to go for starting!! :carrot: Let me give it a try and let you know how it went :D

Pink Hurricane 04-18-2013 01:47 PM

Husband and I had to take a break last night, we both had delay muscle soreness :lol: and tonight we are going to do one of the extra cardio workouts that came with the whole set. Next week we are starting the full program, I feel more motivated than ever!

Nitrus, did you give it a shot yet? :D

nitrus29 04-19-2013 05:13 PM

Pink Hurricane - no, haven't given it a shot yet :( it's making me nervous!!
are you back on track?

Pink Hurricane 04-20-2013 10:17 AM

We have been working our way into the workouts, getting more comfortable with the moves and knowing what to expect. But we officially start the program, following along the calendar that comes with it, on Monday!

nitrus29 04-20-2013 03:18 PM

yuppp i got the calendar too!! was waiting till monday! gulp! :^:

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-21-2013 12:14 PM

I ordered the DVDs used on amazon Friday. Estimates arrival date was between April 25th and 30th. I'm really excited about the program. Anyone doing the meal plan? I had a half marathon yesterday and today I'm getting more serious about calorie counting. I wasn't successful with my training runs when trying to restrict. I found the elite nutrition plan online and it calculates I eat approx 1900 a day. That seems so high! I'm doing 1500 until I start insanity. Then I'll follow their suggested calories. I'm starting to follow the good program now. Just on lower calories.

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-22-2013 02:01 PM

Still waiting for the program to arrive in the mail. Had a nice hike this morning. Took my puppy and we both had good exercise. Anyways seems a bit quiet I here. But I plan to be back and post when I start the workouts!

Jittery 04-24-2013 05:03 PM

Hello everyone!

Thank you for starting this thread ijustwant2run - I really need the support :)

I'm currently in Month 2. I just finished Day 1 of week 6. I am really hoping to see the scale move in the coming weeks. I've lost maybe a pound during month one, but several inches. A couple from my waist, an inch from each thigh and nearly an inch off each arm. I am 5'8 at 184 lbs so I do have considerable weight to lose, so I hope that inches aren't the only change by the end of the month.

I have followed the nutrition plan mostly. Probably about 85% of the time. The other 5-7% I have eaten clean, and splurged with the remaining few % of times.

I know the calorie intake seems very high. It calculates about 2000 for me for weight loss. I had to re-check three times when I first started. I had been trying to clean up my diet before I started Insanity (was doing TurboFire) and I was really restricting my calories, so 2000 sounded insane (!). But I decided to go with it, and in hindsight I think I needed that amount. So even if you're not used to it, I would really recommend sticking to the number it calculates for you.

Hows the program coming along for you, Pink Hurricane? The first time to do each video is the hardest in my experience. I'm sure you and your husband are getting better and better!

Nitrus29 - I like your avatar! Did you begin this past Monday?

nitrus29 04-24-2013 05:05 PM

NOOO I did not !!! :(:(:( BOO!! I don't even have an excuse as to why I didn't start..:?:
I am gonna I promise!!!:^: