3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   April Running - Forget the showers and run! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/278843-april-running-forget-showers-run.html)

lm3898 04-01-2013 09:14 AM

April Running - Forget the showers and run!

Welcome to the April running blog!!!

I'll start us off - 5.5 mile run yesterday - finally got to wear shorts for the first time since last Fall! Beautiful/overcast perfect running weather day so I took advantage! Trying to stay under 8 miles for all runs this month while my body "heals"....

Anybody else?

devadiva 04-01-2013 09:17 AM

I got in a short one yesterday just shy of 4 miles..can not believe how good it feels to run with extra weight off...can't wait till I can run more BUT I am sure my boy can not wait till he can walk better!

Pink Hurricane 04-01-2013 10:03 AM

Definitely going to incorporate running back into my schedule, shooting for 2-3 days a week of running!

CherryPie99 04-01-2013 10:34 AM

8 miles yesterday - didn't come near running off what I ended up eating, but psychologically felt like a victory!

Trying to get the courage up to run a 1/2 Mary next month!

Kitcherella 04-02-2013 02:35 AM

Hello runners :wave:
This is my month as on the 21st I will run my first 5k. Last April I was doing Leslie Sansone's workout while watching the marathon on TV and I thought that next year I am running. Well, after completing c25k over the summer and running 40 min 3 times a week over the winter, I am ready!
I was wondering what do you use to measure distance? I think it is time to buy a watch. Do you have any recommendations?

lm3898 04-02-2013 08:50 AM

Kitch - do you have/run with an iphone? There are a bunch of great apps I use while I run...mapmyrun is a good app - you can also make maps on their website to show how far you've run or to plan a route. Runkeeper and endomondo are both great, free apps that track your progress. I keep my iphone on my armband and it stays secure during my runs!

You can also get a running watch like garmin but those will get pricy depending on the brand etc.

gatorgirl6 04-02-2013 07:52 PM

I ran with my phone today, but I never thought about using it to track distance. I should do that. Instead I used it to take pictures. Yes, pictures. Why, you ask, did I take pictures? Because I found a castle. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic, but it was an actual castle. Crazy.

Nikel1979 04-02-2013 08:06 PM

I was using my phone to track my distance. I was using my RunKeeper, and I was also using Pandora for distance. My phone couldn't handle the double digits distances in the cold though, so I broke down and bought a Garmin Forerunner 10 & an iPod Nano. I prefer the watch. With the phone, either I had to set it up to audio cues, which I find distracting, or I'd have to pull out the phone to look at it.

CherryPie99 04-02-2013 08:41 PM

Kitch, I had a Polar but was not impressed. I switched to the Garmin Forerunner 410 and love it!

Kitcherella 04-03-2013 03:05 AM

Thanks for the info, I do not have an iphone so I can't use these applications. But if I decide to buy one, I am definitely getting the application with the zombies.
I was thinking about a Garmin Forerunner 10 too.
gatorgirl6 - a castle? great! The most exciting thing I saw while running in the rain was a :snail:

lm3898 04-03-2013 08:06 AM

The only issue with my iphone running apps as they are not always 100% accurate but that depends on the gps signal. Sometimes I'll use more than one at a time to check.

Ran 5.5 miles [according to my gps lol] last night. Felt good b/c I really didn't want to move but I made myself do it. Despite the half marathon's I've done this year etc. I have been slacking overall especially with food this winter so I am really trying to combat this for summer - not about to give up now!!

devadiva 04-03-2013 09:21 AM

I have a Garmin Forerunner also love it,all the things you can track through the computer.
Love stuff I see running and would love to take pictures just don't want to slow down to do it!

AlmostMe 04-04-2013 02:44 AM

OK runners... help. My foot is almost healed (I got stomped on a couple of times by some heavy girls in rugby shoes) I walked a couple of miles yesterday (recreationally - stop/start) without pain and did full rugby training including shuttle runs without pain and only a little numbness toward the end of training. I'm giving it another week before I start running again. I've been exercising pretty much every day (I'd say a rest day every 8 or 9 days) including spin.

Any tips for re-starting running after over a month off?

Kitcherella 04-05-2013 03:33 AM

This week was brilliant. I ran on Monday and Wednesday thinking that my playlist lasts 40 min but last night I realised that it had an extra song I had intented to delete. So that means I ran 45 min without even realising it :yay:

Novus 04-05-2013 05:25 AM

I use the Nike+ Sportband to track time, distance, pace, etc.

My sil and I are going for a run tomorrow. The weather is finally starting to seem like spring. Hooray!