My first half marathon this weekend

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi guys

So it's my very first half marathon this weekend. I cant believe how far I've come. I remember the first time that I ran for two minutes without walking!!

I wrote a blog post about it if anyone is interested!

http://katehibberd.blogspot.com/2013...nd-corner.html

I'll be running the Old Mutual Two Oceans Half Marathon in Cape Town, South Africa

Much love
  • Oh my, that is marvelous!!!
    I can't imagine running for almost 3 hours!
    Wishing you an excellent running time
    You'll have to post a picture of yourself running or after the race.
    Good luck!
  • Thanks veggiedawg I will do that!
  • Have fun! I ran my first half marathon about a month ago. It was supposed to be a one time thing - it was a girls weekend with friends to run the Princess Half at Disney World - but I somehow seem to have registered for a full marathon in December.
  • Quote: Have fun! I ran my first half marathon about a month ago. It was supposed to be a one time thing - it was a girls weekend with friends to run the Princess Half at Disney World - but I somehow seem to have registered for a full marathon in December.
    You did the Princess Half? What a coincidence -- one of my friends from college was there too (it was also her first half-marathon.) She posted pics and it looked like SO much fun!
  • Wow! You are brilliant. I read this on the marathon page and I think it is superb - It is good to have an end to a journey but it's the journey that matters in the end. Enjoy and show us pics!
  • Quote: You did the Princess Half? What a coincidence -- one of my friends from college was there too (it was also her first half-marathon.) She posted pics and it looked like SO much fun!
    It was a blast! I did the 5K the day before too. It was really hot and humid though. Yuck!
  • Good luck, Kate!! So exciting for you!!
  • Good luck this weekend. Let us know how it goes for you.
  • I ran my first half a few weeks ago! You'll love it! Congratulations!
  • Good luck! You will have so much fun, I promise! Or at least you will when you finish and get the medal. LOL

I've done four now, and I've loved every one of them.
  • Hey guys thanks for the messages! I finished in 02:35:37 and I was so super tired. I write all my stuff on my blog so here is the link if you wana see the write up and photos! Excuse the way I look at the end I was DEAD lol.

http://katehibberd.blogspot.com/2013...on-in-bag.html
  • Great work! A lovely smile of achievement there!
  • Whoo hoo! Standing ovation!!!!

I was curious about the chafing...is that just your legs rubbing and would different shorts/pants help?
  • Congratulations!!! So inspiring!!!