Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'2

I just wanted to give you all a little encouragement and some inspiration.

One of my good friends started Couch to 5k last May (as well as Weight Watchers). She was a true couch potato and did no exercise at all prior to that. She told me she had to repeat week 1 five times before she was able to move on to week 2.

Almost a year later, she has lost 95 lbs and is currently training for a half-marathon. She just posted on Facebook earlier today that she went for a 15 km run this afternoon.

We can do it! We are runners, working on becoming even better runners!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Wow, there are lots of new people in here. That is awesome. I left Friday night for the weekend and really planned on doing a run while away, however when I woke up Saturday morning it was snowing! Yup, it's almost May and there was 4 inches of snow accumulated, ridiculous, though it was halfway up a mountain!

Anyway I decided that since I haven't been consistent with my running I'd restart week 4. I just finished W4D1 again, I did it much slower than last time, which I didn't even think was possible but it went really well. I'm looking forward to finally getting through this week.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #108  

Height: 5'2''

Hey girls! I got a new phone! So back to running!
I was wondering - do you guys run while on your period? My cramps are really strong an i try not to medicate myself so ugh running and exercising is a horror and i just take a couple of days off. How do you manage it?

Last edited by basementcat; 04-22-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #109  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I did Week 1, Day 1 yesterday. I will likely repeat week 1 because I'm so out of shape. I did it on the treadmill, so warmup/cooldown was 2.5 mph, walking was 3.0 mph, and jogging was 4.2 mph. I'm too out of shape to keep up right now, but I'll keep trying.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #110  

Psychic: On the first day of every week, I always think I'm going to have to repeat that week because it's so hard, but by Day three, it becomes much easier and I'm ready for the next. Repeat the week if you have to of course, but you may feel ready for week 2 when you're done with the first week!

Basementcat: My period cramps aren't too bad now that I'm no longer on birth control pills. And I'm not opposed to medicating if they ever get really bad again. I haven't had to stop running that time of the month. But if the cramps are too bad, take a break for a few days! I took four days off a couple of weeks ago because of the weather and I was fine when I started again.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #111  

Looking good ladies, you all inspire me so much!

basementcat: I just got my TOM last week for the first time since June (because of meds) and while it was awful, I still made it through somehow. But I run at home so if I had to stop, I could. I'm not sure what I would do if I was outside/away from home.

Psychic, you are doing awesome! I'll never win any races because I walk at 3.0 and run/jog at 3.8. I'm trying to build up my endurance in my body and my breathing so right now I'm just trying to get through the days and complete the 9 weeks. Then I will concentrate on getting my speed/time improved. I think you are doing great.

Awesome updates, changergirl and angelic fruitcake.

I'm doing W5D1 today. Will report back assuming I survive it.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #112  

Week 5 Day 1 complete. OMG that was the hardest one yet. I heard my knee crack when I was kneeling in church yesterday and didn't think anything of it until today, owwwww!!! But I made it. I just keep praying to make it to the end and somehow I do.

I have to say that my favorite parts are when she says "You are halfway through" and "One minute left"----is that a bad thing?

Loving this program still, so happy we are all doing it.

I'm having a cranky day today but you all inspired me to stay on schedule and get it done. Now I'm glad I did. Thank you for being here.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #113  

elvislover324 Congrats! W5D1 wow! Please, please take care of your knee though! No injuries allowed!
Today I did W3D1 and it was great - didn't struggle at all with speed, distance or breathing Of course this was after a full two-day rest (during my TOM) but i am hoping i will be able to keep it up with the other runs too.
On another note, i will skip W4 because i will be vacationing abroad for a week I hope this doesn't hinder me too much when i come back home and resume running.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #114  

Awesome basementcat!!! I read online that you can do this program at your own pace and repeat any weeks that you feel necessary (there is no requirement to get it done in the 9 weeks). And your vacation abroad reference made me insanely jealous!! That's next week?!!?

And I will be careful with my knee!! If I hurt my knee, I can't exercise at all!! It feels better today, it must just have been the way I moved it. But I will move with caution.

Hope all my fellow runners are having a good day!!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #115  

Finished W4D2 with the jogging stroller. It went really well until the last 5 minutes. My legs felt soooooo heavy! But I did it! Looking forward to Day 3 on Thursday!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

Finished a second W5D1 on Monday. I am insanely scared to move on to D2 tomorrow. I am so afraid to fail.
I have not lost any weight since I started running but my legs and butt have firmed up super quickly, that I like.
Anyway, here is to giving it my best tomorrow! YIKES!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:43 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

MSEMDEE- congrats on making it to week 5 and don't worry about 'failing' just keep at it and one day you'll succeed. Also I was with you about not losing weight since I started running, it took about 4 weeks (till yesterday) and I finally saw a 2 pound drop! And yay for firmer legs and butt!

I'm going out for W4D2 in a little bit so I'll come back to report when/if I finish!

**EDIT** W4D2 FINISHED!

OMG it sucked. Even after the first 3 minute 'warm up' run I was exhausted. I'm not sure if it was because I decided to go out before dinner so I didn't have as much energy but it was by far my worse run, minus the one I quit halfway through. My pace was much slower than Monday (and every other run) and my total distance was less. On Friday I'm going to make sure I run after dinner to see if that makes a difference.

Last edited by Changergirl; 04-24-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #118  

Just did Week 5 Day 2, OMG OMG OMG OMG. I try not to read what the lesson is before I do it so I don't have time to worry about it. Thank God I didn't read it today!! My legs were like jello by the time I was done! It was the hardest yet.

And now I stupidly (!!) read the lesson for Friday and OMG OMG OMG OMG, not sure I'm going to be able to do it!! Week 5 really ramps it up!!

I hope I see some weightloss soon. I didn't lose this week and was really upset about it. I think between TOM and now the extra work I'm doing with this, maybe it's stalling me some.

Good job, angelic fruitcake!! I still can't believe you do it with a stroller. But then sometimes I wish I had a stroller to lean on so I don't fall on my face!

Yay msemdee! I have the same thoughts you do with weight and week 5! As you can see I did day 2 of week 5 this morning. And I'll say it again, OMG OMG OMG! I'm dying to read what you thought of it!

You are awesome for finishing, changergirl, even though you were exhausted! I realized I do better on my empty stomach than when I have eaten. I don't feel as full and/or pudgy in my stomach. I'd say experiment and see what is best for you. And remember, it doesn't matter how fast that you went. It's more important that you finished it!!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #119  

Elvis Week 5 is so scary, especially Day 3! But think about how proud you'll be when it's done!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #120  

You guys! All of you are doing great - even if you cant finish a run, don't give up and give it a try again! You gotta have a can-do attitude!
I cant wait until W5D3 to test myself! I believe elvislover324 will do great and then brag to us here!
Closed Thread