3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Work out plan? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/277859-work-out-plan.html)

lana3000 03-17-2013 08:02 PM

Work out plan?

Hi I am 22 year old female who weights aaround 350 and I just curious about what would be a great workout plan for me? I have been walking on the threadmill but I was just wondering should I be doing more? Should I go to the gym and work with a trainer? Work out to a Jillian Michaels exercise DVD? Just wondering.

Ilene 03-18-2013 03:24 AM

I would highly recommend getting a personal trainer if you can afford it :yes:

L J 03-18-2013 07:43 AM

I couldn't afford a trainer, and didn't have time for a gym so I spent weeks reading about different workout DVDs and finally settled on Slim in 6. I have never worked out to a DVD before, and I wish more than anything I had started sooner! It appears to be my golden ticket to success.

I picked the one I did (instead of the P90X I really wanted to do!) because I wanted to set myself up for success and ease myself into working out. Some days I don't have 45 minutes to work out (level 2 is 45 min, that's what I'm on) so I do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and it kicks my butt in 20.

I have friends seeing amazing results with personal trainers, but I think I'm doing just as well working out at home for now.

Mara 03-18-2013 01:57 PM

Try exercise tv on youtube. I have been doing the walking away the pounds and love it.

Rhiko 03-19-2013 12:09 AM

It's all up to you and what you want to gain from exercising. I have chosen to forgo the gym and fitness videos altogether and I do my own outdoor exercise routine that is a combination of walking running. I've been doing this for almost 3 months and my weight is coming off!
Also, it's been suggested to me that I do some resistance training to strength my core muscles.

celigirl88 03-19-2013 12:28 PM

Try YouTube, Bodyrock.tv, Pinterest. It's crazy how many exercises I found on that website and can't wait to try once it gets warmer out (most of them require room to do, so doing them in my room is out of the question). Also, just take it slow. You said you were walking, try upping the incline a bit. That's what I do and I burn more calories. I stay walking at the same pace but I start out at a high incline and every 5 minutes lower it. In the first 20 minutes you will be working so hard but it's rewarding once you get closer to getting to 0% again since you know you completed a nice workout. I tried the "rolling hills" setting but it just wasn't the same. Also, I've been LOVING the stair stepper lately! Just try different things, that's what I did!

Palestrina 03-19-2013 03:15 PM

I like to inject exercise several times a day by walking to the store instead of driving, or if I do drive I like to park far away (where the empty parking spots are hehe) and walk more.

Get a pedometer and try to move up to 10,000 per day. Every little bit helps, it will even make you take the long way to the bedroom. Having a pedometer makes you feel like every step matters, even the ones you take in the kitchen. Then do some exercises while watching tv. Push ups, sit ups, lunges etc.

Getting a trainer is a great idea if you can afford it. I can't afford to sign up at a gym so I just do as much as I can at home. I also like to get outside when the weather is nice and walk to the park, engaging even a little bit with nature makes you feel really good. Treadmills make me sad. But you have to find what works for you.