Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/233/shop in "reg" stores

Height: 5' 4

Default workout help....

I REALLY REALLY need to get my butt in gear and workout but i am so over whelmed by how many different workouts and machines there are. I get bored really easily and thats my biggest problem. I'll try something and am bored almost right away.

What do you do to get in a good workout and keep it interesting enough to keep doing it?
gwenaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #2  

For some people, it's all about finding something you love doing (yoga, running, etc) and sticking to it. Others feel the need to constantly switch it up, biking one day, lifting weight the next, etc. I think looking at it this way helped me figure out how to get into a routine - identify which type of person you are, and plan accordingly!

Either way, you should try as many different things as you can at least once, because you never know what you might fall in love with. For someone who gets disengaged early on in the workout because they're bored, I'd suggest something fun that doesn't feel like you're working out at all - Zumba!
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/233/shop in "reg" stores

Height: 5' 4

thanks
gwenaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

I need accountability sometimes so I work with a personal trainer. I also am trying to work out on my own. I have an elliptical or i can do something as simple as walk my dogs. I also have a wii and have the just dance game which is a lot of fun and great cardio
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #5  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

to get in a good workout, i run at the gym....i actually joined the gym because i was afraid that one type of workout would leave me bored pretty soon and surprisingly found that running has kept me interested...i DO change up my running throughout the workout because steady-state running leaves me 1) bored and 2) unable to breathe because of my asthma...so i do running/walking intervals...vary speed, vary the incline, whatever i'm working on that day
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote