3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Exercise Suggestions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/277402-exercise-suggestions.html)

emid78 03-11-2013 11:53 AM

Exercise Suggestions

I need some good suggestions for exercising at home, with no equipment. When the weather is good, I know I can walk. I need a routine for early mornings, when it is still too early (dark) to walk. I also need to keep it quiet so that I don't wake the family.

I'm looking to sweat. I can probably use my basement.

I don't have workout videos or equipment. Maybe some suggestions for some free online workouts. I can always bring my laptop downstairs.

TheWanderer 03-11-2013 12:47 PM

Hi emid78,
You can use soup cans or the like for weights and put some fast and upbeat music on and dance. I use the soup cans, but any can of food could be used.
Movement of any kind will help build muscle and lose pounds. Good luck!

Skinnygirldreams 03-11-2013 12:54 PM

I've been working with a personal trainer lately but some of the exercises I can do at home. These things consist of squats, crunches, lunges, laying down and doing air bicycles, planks, push ups (if you cant do real ones do them with knees bent or standing at an incline and doing them against the wall) you could do in place marching/jogging just for a few suggestions

UrbanHavok 03-11-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emid78 (Post 4663482)
I need some good suggestions for exercising at home, with no equipment. When the weather is good, I know I can walk. I need a routine for early mornings, when it is still too early (dark) to walk. I also need to keep it quiet so that I don't wake the family.

I'm looking to sweat. I can probably use my basement.

I don't have workout videos or equipment. Maybe some suggestions for some free online workouts. I can always bring my laptop downstairs.

Hey Emid78

Check out YouTube, their are some great workouts on the that can be done at home. I live in an apartment building so I'm always looking for things that don't require too much jumping around but where I can still sweat. I try to jot down the ones that I really like and use them later on.

I hope this helps!! ;)

emid78 03-11-2013 01:21 PM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

trin8ty 03-11-2013 02:11 PM

Walk away the pounds. It's easy enough and some of the workouts are on youtube

melsweetie84 03-11-2013 02:27 PM

I like to take my dog out for walks (well, I have to anyway since he's half boxer/German shepherd & stays inside...) but I'll make them "active" walks. I make sure that the entire time I'm walking him, I'm keeping it interesting! If he stops to do his business, I'm doing calf-raises or "the-invisible-stair-climber" or something of the like to get my heart rate up. I'm more than sure I look like a serious idiot but hey, it works & I'm not having to fork out gym fees to get results, and luckily, I live on a mostly quiet back road out in the country so very few witnesses. :)

danzingurl77 03-11-2013 02:56 PM

I second the YouTube workouts! You can find almost anything on there! :-)