Is this enough exercise? What else do I need to do?

• I usually do 20-25 minutes on the elliptical, resulting in 2 miles. Then I do 20-25 minutes on one of those bike machines to take a rest, and that results in about 5 miles. Then I hop back on another machine that looks like an elliptical (not sure what it's called) for another mile. After that, I do some weight stuff for about 40 minutes. At first I couldn't even do 5 minutes on the elliptical because I was so out of shape, but I'm amazed at how long I can last now!

How much exercising is enough though? I've been doing this for 5 days a week for 2 weeks straight and have cut back on eating (about 1500 calories a day) but I haven't been losing any weight??? I've pretty much come to a stall at around 144-146, it's so frustrating!!

Help please! If anything, I'm glad I got stronger and FEEL stronger, I just want to see a difference in my clothes!
  • Quote: I usually do 20-25 minutes on the elliptical, resulting in 2 miles. Then I do 20-25 minutes on one of those bike machines to take a rest, and that results in about 5 miles. Then I hop back on another machine that looks like an elliptical (not sure what it's called) for another mile. After that, I do some weight stuff for about 40 minutes. At first I couldn't even do 5 minutes on the elliptical because I was so out of shape, but I'm amazed at how long I can last now!

How much exercising is enough though? I've been doing this for 5 days a week for 2 weeks straight and have cut back on eating (about 1500 calories a day) but I haven't been losing any weight??? I've pretty much come to a stall at around 144-146, it's so frustrating!!
    Well that sounds like a very good amount of exercise, but honestly, you're probably not going to see a huge drop on the scale just simply due to exercise. You will see it in a few months clothing size-wise and body shape-wise.

As for your calories, not sure. I don't know how old you are or what you do for a living (desk job?) so not sure about your calorie intake. However, if you think 1500 is good for you, then try it for another 2 weeks and see where you're at. Sometimes it takes the body a few weeks to start losing.

Try not to be impatient. Just because you decided you want to lose weight and are trying to do the right things doesn't mean your body will cooperate the exact way you want it to in the time frame you need it to!

It will happen, just not on your schedule.