Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #1  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Default Ugh, I am so bored of working out!

So, I'm just irritated with myself. I been doin the 30 day shred. Today, I should start level 3 but I don't feel like I can yet. I haven't worked out the last 5 days. And every day I beat myself up. I'm sitting here in my workout clothes and I am just bored of it.

I've lost 8 pounds this last month and inches, that should be motivation enough right? I just I want to do the fun work outs, but I know my body needs to tone up badly. And weights and squats are getting so old!

What do yall do when you're in a rut? I need to restart my motivation. This is the longest I've stuck to working out on a regular basis- only a month I know. But, normally I stop around day 20 of working out. I put smiley faces on the days I do on the calendar it feels great. What is wrong with me? What do yall do?

It stresses me out thinking I will do this the rest of my life. I love how I feel after and I enjoy hoping I'll get to wear shorts this summer. And, with all the changes I don't understand why I don't love it. Some people like my mom eat everything, cookies every day. I work so hard to have 3 or 4 or a week. I'm just blah! I should love it by now. I should want to work out, right? I wish there were a magic pill to make me body be interested in doing the boring mundane things that make it eventually look good! I feel whiny, I'm sorry. I just need something or someone to give me a new push. Cause I've lost mine lately.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I hear you on the 30DS. I had a series of health issues last summer that has left me struggling to regain stamina. I have been on level 1 of the 30DS for close to 30 days now and I just want to scream because it is SO boring and when I try level 2, I can't get past a few minutes. I AM getting better, but it is taking FOREVER! GAH!

But...I improvise. I LOVE swimming. So, for me, that isn't exercise. So on the days I am not "feeling it" I go to the local aquatic center. I enjoy bowling. If you go by yourself, it is both relaxing and burns some calories plus helps with your arm muscles. I enjoy hiking, so this summer my calendar is filled with trips.

The point is, the people who love to exercise don't do something they hate. People who run actually love running. People who do cardio 2 hours a day actually enjoy that. Find something you enjoy and incorporate it into your routine. You'll find you like exercising a lot better that way. The best exercise out there is the one enjoy to do and that you'll actually do, not the one everyone says you should do but don't. There are tons of options. Try tennis. Or basketball. Roller blading or white water rafting. Take up bicycling or boxing. Find something that is fun for you. That way, you'll want to exercise and are less likely to fall off the wagon. Good luck and

Last edited by zoesmom; 03-05-2013 at 09:16 AM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post

The point is, the people who love to exercise don't do something they hate. People who run actually love running. People who do cardio 2 hours a day actually enjoy that. Find something you enjoy and incorporate it into your routine. You'll find you like exercising a lot better that way. The best exercise out there is the one enjoy to do and that you'll actually do, not the one everyone says you should do but don't. There are tons of options. Try tennis. Or basketball. Roller blading or white water rafting. Take up bicycling or boxing. Find something that is fun for you. That way, you'll want to exercise and are less likely to fall off the wagon. Good luck and
Yes, I agree! I felt the same as you until I discovered running and hot yoga. There may be days where I don't feel like doing either, but that's just a lazy, "physically getting to the location" issue. Once I'm there I'm super stoked to do it.

I got really bored with the 30-day shred. I'm just not the type of person that can do the same thing every day. I just can't.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/145/120

Height: 5ft4in

I hear you!! I have the same feeling.. I did 30day shred for around a month and towards the end I was like Uggghh...and I am not a big fan of strength training... I usually slug along.. But then I try different things.. Did swimming 4 days a week for around 4 months... Then got into running for around 6 months ... Ran a half marathon.. Then got bored of running... Now a days its p90x... I like the program coz its not the same thing everyday... And then i move things around to my liking!!! Some days I challenge myself to stuff like "I'll do x jumping jacks today...' etc... In fact when I was not really into pushups, i put my status on fb to something lIke "i'll do 5 pushups for every like on my status" (swiped the idea from somewhere in this forum) and oh boy.. Goad to have such good friends.. I did around 150 each day for a couple of weeks... I like challenging myself to new things... May be try new stuff.. New dvds!! I just got insanity feom the library... And i am sweating by just watching it!!!
Loseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #5  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

For me weight loss is not a good motivation for exercise. I need to do it for how it makes me feel, for fun and for the joy of movement.

I have never loved exercise so much! And it's because I have a fitness goal... being fit enough to play a full 80 minutes of rugby. I'm not there yet. But I will be. So I don't mind running, lifting, etc etc - in order to get to do something I really enjoy.

I find I can be much more motivated if I have a goal. Like being signed up to a race, or the 30 day challenge in Bikram yoga. But I'm discovering I need a constant goal and I also need a lot of variety. I haven't tried 30DS, but I know I couldn't do it every single day.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I just do something else if I get bored. I run sometimes, I hula hoop sometimes, do yoga (at a class, at home, or with a DVD), ride my bike, lift weights (while I watch TV), go to the gym and put the treadmill incline on 10 and walk up it, go for a walk in the woods, hike, etc.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #7  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

You all are so right! I need some change so no wonder! I'll finish this out just to prove to myself I can. After it though I'll switch between different workouts as I want to. Thinking if doin other things excites me so I guess it's just the mundane that I hate. Not so much workin out. Thank you all for listening to my rant and giving me some more ideas. I did workout yesterday. Sometimes I need an extra push.

And as far as goals that could be a big problem too. I have a summer goal to wear shorts but looking at my fat thighs daily I am reminded how far iff that is. I think I need to have short term goals as well so I have something to look forward to at least monthly instead of in monthS. Thanks so much yall, I'm ready to keep going. I'm not giving up this time, not again!!!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote