Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/240.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default My legs are KILLING me!! :)

I've NEVER worked out formally. I was always just involved in team sports and never really HAD to work out... until now. Well, really until about 15 years ago... but I'm starting a little late!

I've done 3 personal training sessions so far and my legs are KILLING me!! My thighs mostly. Hurts to go up and down stairs or even sit to go to the restroom! (TMI, Sorry!)

People always tell me about the "burn" and how great it is.... I just don't get it! I dunno why anyone would want to have this pain voluntarily!!

Oh well... I chugged through the pain and finished up my training... and I"m proud of myself!
RNJen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I like the burn, unless it's to the point it's really effecting my life. I did some heavy squats and other lifts after not lifting for awhile and I cried everytime I got down on the floor to play with my daughter the next day, hurt to sit on the toilet, etc.

Do you do foam roller stretches after your workouts? It can help reduce the DOMS you get the next day.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #3  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Stick with it!

It gets easier. The muscles that went unused/under-used are screaming now from the hard work you did. I find now I'm only sore if I go above and beyond or if I take too many rest days between workouts.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

I love this sore feeling too... Go for a walk, drink lots of water, stretch, the soreness will definitely go away as you get used to the workout...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/240.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the replies guys!!

I'm not nearly as sore now... my trainer decided to skip lower body yesterday (being as I couldn't sit to pee or go up and down stairs at my house!) and we just did upper body... legs are back to normal and my arms have this feeling of being worked but not to the point where I pulled my muscles... my thighs DEFINITELY felt that way!!

Hoping things start getting easier... but I"m NOT giving up regardless!
RNJen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #6  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I too lOve the soreness, means I did something right the day before. My legs have been sore since I brought home my elliptical earlier this month. I just wish my arms would be too. But I pretty much am just reminded when I have to go upstairs multiple times while cleaning. Hopefully eventually your soreness will not be as bad or u will just grow fond of it like the rest of us who have posted.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote