Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Default Zombies Run 5K Training...Anyone Finish or Doing it?

I just started it this week, and love it so far. I've done 3 sessions and really enjoy it.

It says it is an 8 week 5K training program. Does that mean I should be able to run a 5k after 8 weeks?

The reason I'm asking is I decided that my weight loss/5k training completion reward will be to enter a 5k with one of my closest friends. I just wondered about when I could possibly expect to do so.

It may take me longer than the 8 week program since I'm starting so out of shape, but just wondered if ideally you would be able to run a 5k after the 8 weeks on program.

Thanks!!!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

I was out of shape when I started my C25K and I managed after 9 weeks. I think if you stick to the plan you will be amazed what your body can accomplish.
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by runthecontinent View Post
I was out of shape when I started my C25K and I managed after 9 weeks. I think if you stick to the plan you will be amazed what your body can accomplish.
How did you like that program? Thank you for sharing your experience! Nine weeks is fantastic, and I'll be happy to be able to get there as well!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I slacked a little- I finished the first two weeks in more like 3, and there were consequences in that I couldn't actually finish the third workout of week 2 (the first one with a twist in it).

I hope to restart next week from the beginning, but do it every day to get through a little quicker on the second time around.

A question, though: I have an iPhone 4S and I can't get it to work at the same time as Pandora. There is a "play music" option that pops up when I select a workout, but it can't be turned off. This is pretty lame because I own almost no music. Have any of you figured out how to do it?
Iphianassa is offline   Reply With Quote