Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5"6

Default So darn tired!!!!!!

I am not a morning person. And by not a morning person, I mean our family had a rule when I was a child that you didn't speak to me until I had eaten my cereal.

I do a little better these days, so the fact that I have been waking up to do 6 45 am workouts since January 3rd is impressive!

I even woke up today, but JUST late enough that I wouldn't have time for my work out. I am just EXHAUSTED. It is report card week at school and I just don't feel I am well rested at all. I refuse to let myself derail and I will workout out tonight, with some crazy loud pump-up anthems.

I know I will be even MORE tired this afternoon though. Here's hoping I don't guilt myself all day long! I fear this is the start of me slipping into excuse-land! But, since I threw it out there, maybe it's not? No- it's definitely not!

Hahaha okay coffee time
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

You remind me of my sister. She, too, was not a morning person. It was made worse by the fact that not only was I a morning person, but I am a happy morning person. Hop right out of bed, greet everyone with a smile and am cheerful. Go ahead, hate me. It will work up some energy so you won't feel so tired!

Seriously, the effort you're putting into this is commendable. If I'm understanding this correctly, you're working out in the morning and in the evening. And if you're not a morning person, that probably means you don't go to bed until late at night. No wonder you're exhausted. And you're working. Sounds like your candle is lit at both ends and in the middle. Obviously you have to be the judge of what works best for you. But getting adequate sleep has been shown to have an impact on weight loss; i.e., if you don't get enough sleep, it contributes to weight GAIN. If you're doing an afternoon workout, maybe the extra sleep in the morning instead of working out would actually be more beneficial.

Just some thoughts. I'm retired so I'm always well rested, but I remember clearly going years feeling exhausted from not getting enough sleep and trying to be super woman. In looking back on it, I wish I'd been more like others who put themselves at the top of their lists!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #3  

Don't miss your workout I know this sounds really strange, but, how is the temperature in your bedroom? If it is too warm, it is harder to get up and at it. If it is a little cool, I find, it is easier to get up I don't know if it will help you, but it does help me a bit.
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5"6

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Just to clarify, I only worked out in the afternoon yesterday because I slept in and only got half of my morning workout in. My goal is to wake up and be working out BY 7, and done by 8, and out the door at 8:30.

I just googled the workout DVD I use and I am going to do it at lunch today! And yes, I've always been known to burn the candle at both ends. It used to be burning from my high energy, but when I started teaching, it was all mental and emotional, and no more physical.

Tonight, I will turn down the temp in my room and MAKE MY BUTT GET OUT OF BED AT 6 30 (with a genuine morning smile, just for Betsy!!) haha
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

It takes training!

I used to go to bed at 2am-4am for most of my life until I became a mother (oh boy) and was forced to wake up at 4-5am every day, LOL. You have to make it a routine.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote