Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default Running newbie

Hello fellow runners, I am pretty new to running have done a few park runs and just this week started a 10 week racefit course. Just wanted to ask how long does it usually take before it a)start becoming fun b)starts becoming easier and c)you start seeing results. the week I did my first run I lost 4lb and was spurred on but its slowed down again now and I've gained the last couple of weeks (although Christmas was partially to blame). I can't say I enjoy it yet but I do find myself wanting to do it and although I will piss and moan at my bf all the way round I feel good at the end for having finished it and being able to stick two fingers to my mother who constantly tells me I can't do anything and I won't stick at it. How often and how far do you run? When and where?
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #2  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Yay running!

Let's see:
a)start becoming fun - For me, about the time my short, easy runs were 3 miles.
b)starts becoming easier - well there will pretty much always be bad runs. For the most part it's "easy" for me now, unless I'm doing speed work
c)you start seeing results - what kind of results are you looking for? weight loss? increased speed or distance?

I run 3-4 times per week. 2 mid-week runs of 3 miles on the indoor track. Then on the weekends I do a long run and sometimes another short run of 3ish miles. This week my long run is a step back run of 5-6 miles, and next week my long run is 9 miles. I'm 6 weeks out from my first half marathon! Eek! My weekend runs are always outside. Races happen rain or shine, 30 degrees or 90 degrees, so I run in whatever conditions. There are a lot of greenways around here, so I just pick one that fits my mileage for the day.
Nikel1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

It's mainly to lose weight atm but will hopefully continue past target weight for a 'lifetime of fitness and health'. My racefit course is I think about 1.5 miles, that's what the course leader says but its probably however far we can get in the time we've got, me being the slowest in the group. I parkrun every Saturday which is 5k. So my main goal is weight loss but I wouldn't say no to this years race for life and maybe a marathon in years to come.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote