Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 09:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Default ApRiL WaLkErs

Hi I was posting in the Runners challenge but I decided I want to just be a "walker". LOL Kinda sounds funny! I would like to have a challange with anyone who is intersted starting now but really starting 4-1-03.
We can post how much we walk each day in this thread. Anyone who wants to post feel free! This could be fun! I post all my walking also in my journal. On April I want to start fresh with my miles at zero and see if I can do better on my miles than this month. So lets post away! Whoohooo!

3-24-03: 2 Miles
Old 03-25-2003, 09:36 PM   #2  

I hope some people join me! I had a good day and the weather is beautiful here in California today!

3-25-03: 2 Miles
Old 03-26-2003, 01:04 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Jenifer. I'm a walker too but I'm a creature of habit and do the same ole same ole each day, 3.5 miles, same route, same time of day. Someone on another thread has challenged herself to walk 60 miles a month, an interesting concept if you ask me. I'll check back to see how you're doing and to say hello. I didn't want you to think no one's listening out there . Keep walking!
Old 03-26-2003, 05:39 PM   #4  
Theres no stopping me now

I walk too.

I set myself a challenge of walking 20 miles this week, have managed 11 so far and still have to Sunday night to go.

I'll join you in your April Challenge and log all my miles.

Am thinking of trying running - well a gentle jog, but thinking is all I have done about it. I enjoy my walks and it keeps me fit and gives me time for me, so why ruin it by running and getting back quicker - my reasoning and I'm sticking with it

4 miles walked today
Old 03-26-2003, 11:16 PM   #5  

Hello to everyone! I was glad to see some people joining this post! Whoohoo! I am real excited about keeping in touch! I knew in advance that I wasn't going to walk tonight. I am a survivor fan adn I have to watch it when it is on! I usually walk the same 2 mile route Mele. I thought about making it a total of 4 miles now that it is Spring Time and stays lighter later!

No miles walked for me today!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:41 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hope you don't mind if I join. I enjoy walking and I am totally up for a challenge.

I just started March 10 and am only walking a mile a day at this time but I am working up to more. I also ride a stationary bike but can't wait till the weather is nice to get out on a real bike. I thoroughly enjoy hiking and biking.

Anyway, you can count me in.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:53 PM   #7  

Welcome Cristi! Glad you stopped by and your going to join the fun with us! Well I have to admit I am being bad today and not walking. I got so cought up in watching the interviews with the soldiers that I just now got off the couch. I know that isn't an excuse! Well I will check in and hopfully have walked some next time I post! LOL Take care!

Old 03-30-2003, 12:16 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Default Good Morning Ladies!

Hi all!

Well, are you ladies getting ready for April 1st? I am getting psyched for this. Even though I am still doing a little over a mile a day I am working towards doing more. My goal this week will be to do 2 miles a day. I know I can do it. Jenifer, you mentioned you were a jogger and it made me laugh, not that you are a jogger but it made me think of myself jogging. I have never been able to jog, my body is like a big bowl of jello and EVERYTHING shakes and flops up and down. My boobs are not that big, but big enough that I can't stand them hitting me in the face! Just kidding, they don't hit me in the face. But do flop up and down. I think big boobs are so overated. I would rather be flat, okay maybe not flat but a lot smaller than I am. Okay, anyway I just wanted to check in. It will be late Tuesday (April 1) when I check in as I have to go out of town tomorrow and will be gone till Tuesday evening and I WILL get a walk in there even if it is midnight when I do it. Talk to ya later!
Old 03-30-2003, 08:11 PM   #9  

Cristi You had me laughing so hard as I was reading your last post. I was trying to jog along with walking but I gave that up a week ago. I'm just not liking it. I really enjoy walking fast but not jogging. My husband said I give up to easy on things. LOL Well I am going to walk as much as I can for the month of April! Whohoo are we ready ladies? Gosh the weather here in California has been beautiful this weekend. My hubby left for nine days and I am not liking it. I'll be okay though. I took him to the airport early and then went shopping for flowers and came home and mowed the yard and planted. It was a good work out! I plan to go walking tonight when it cools off. I haven't moved my butt for walking in a few days! Yikes! I best get a move on things! LOL Take care!
Old 03-31-2003, 09:12 PM   #10  

Default last day of this month

Okay well I moved my butt last night 2 Miles and then tonight 2 Miles. So total for March walking is 28 Miles! So starting tomorrow I am going to log my miles again and see what I come up with at the end of the month! Anyone wanting to join in please feel free! I am pumped and very excited to beat 28 Miles! Have a great Monday night!

Total Miles Walked in March:28
Old 04-01-2003, 10:14 AM   #11  

jenifer, im new to the site, and joined 2day. would also love to join your challenge. im in ct and the we had snow yesterday, but it seems sunny out there today, so out i will go. thx for the invitation.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:53 PM   #12  

I'm new too . Today I walked for 40 minutes ! I think it's a good start .
Old 04-01-2003, 10:04 PM   #13  

That is an awesome start for both of you! Welcome to the fun group of walkers! I need to get my butt up and do WATP tape b/c it is too dark to go outside. How is everyone doing on activity???? I will post later on tonight after I walk! Tkae care!
Old 04-01-2003, 10:35 PM   #14  
One day at a time

WELCOME Sandy & Lea! The more the merrier!

Very good start Lea! Hey, any movement is good in my book, and 40 minutes is EXCELLENT!

I did good tonight, I think! I was doing a little over a mile a day but since I didn't have a chance to get any exercise in yesterday I decided to push myself and do 2 miles this evening, actually 2.13 miles and OUCH! I'm either sore from not being used to doing 2 miles a day or I pulled something. I don't think I pulled anything, but my legs are hurting. Then on top of it I thought I would go ahead and push myself further and rode my bike. I did get a good workout though. I think I will stick to inching my way up to the 2 miles as planned, or maybe breaking it up and doing 1 mile in the morning and one in the afternoon or evening, we'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to check in the FIRST day of the Month. Talk to you ladies tomorrow. (I love this dancing banana)

April 1-2.13 miles
Old 04-02-2003, 01:06 AM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Talking Hey Ladies

If you don't mind, I'm jumping in with you folks with a challenge of my own. I want to walk 65 miles in April. Today I did my regular route of 3.5 mi. in about an hour and 5-7 minutes. I need to get my pedometer reprogrammed since I had it in my purse one day and punched some buttons accidentally. I used to wear it daily on my route so i know what the mileage is. I also walk my son to school down the street on some days but it's only about a quarter mile if that, so I don't even count that. This goal should be a walk in the park, but I don't want to set too high of a goal and be disappointed in myself.

Everyone sounds really motivated to get out there and burn up the pavement. Let's do it!

Closed Thread