Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 10:55 PM   #181  

Okay I finally did it!!!! I got it done. I almost didn't think I was going to make it, but if I want to be at my vacation goal weight, I'm going ot have bust my butt until then. I hope you all have been having an awesome weekend so far. Mine has been okay. I finally got to the gym today and did 6 miles on the treadmill and 4 on the bike. I'm hoping that next month I can do better on staying motivated. That's what I need most right now is motivation.

Can't wait to see what next months challenge is going ot be called. I better head off and start cleaning the kitchen (again) I'm always cleaning the kitchen or doing laundry. So I know how you feel Cristi. I'll talk to you all later. Thanks for being there for me, even though I haven't been here much for you guys. I'll be better next month, I promise.

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: 6
Total Walked To Date: 61
To Go: 0!!!!!
Old 06-01-2003, 12:08 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies! Wow everyone is doing so awesome with the walking. I just completed my 2 miles earlier! I am feeling so good. I ended up having In N Out for dinner b/c since I have started WW I haven't really totally ate a fast food burger. It was YuMMy! I have been thinking of a name for the group! I was thinking June Babes! We are Babes but even more so when we get this weight off! What do you all think? I thought about June Bugs but I think of ucky bugs also!

So June Babes????? Who's in????

TOtal Miles TOday~ 2

TOtal May Miles~ 47

Old 06-01-2003, 12:46 AM   #183  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies, just a quick check in to see if Jenifer had a new name for us for tomorrow and I see she does.

Jen, WTG on your AWESOME workout! Geez, a 6 mile walk and a 4 mile bike ride! YGG! Ooops! Almost forgot Jen, WTG on making your goal for the month of May.

Janine, I would have to say you DID get a workout today. Walking around museums is definitely a lot of walking and going up the stairs...good job. I always take the stairs also and it kills me. It doesn't matter how much exercise/walking I do I still can't go up stairs without being out of breath.

Kristen, WTG for maintaining, that is an achievement in itself so I would have to say you have done good this week. Hey, any week that you don't gain is a good week in my book!

June Babes sounds good to me Jenifer, count me in.

Tomorrow is a new day, a new month and a new beginning so here's to new beginnings ladies! See you ladies tomorrow.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 06-01-2003 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:10 AM   #184  

JUNE BABES!!!!

I'm in!!!! Talk to you all next month
Old 06-01-2003, 03:37 AM   #185  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, thought I'd pop in and finalize my mileage for the month of May: drum roll please....... 89 miles which means I overshot my goal by 4 miles. Must be those weekend 4+ mile treks...woohoo!!! I'm ready to do it again and more in June. Let's do it babes! See you then!

Oh yeah, didn't walk on Friday since I had an evening party to go to, then this morning was my son's "aloha" program at school for the graduating class of preschoolers moving on to kindergarten. My boy's got one more year of preschool but during his class' performance I cried like a baby! It was a bit ridiculous but you know how you get that lump in your throat...I kept thinking about how FAST he's grown and how soon he'll be off to kindergarten himself. Afterwards he asked me if I was crying because he sang so nice . Then he assured me that it was ok for him to grow up since I could still love him then too. What a guy. *sniffle sniffle* Well, it's off to bed w/me--hopefully I can drag my butt out of bed early tomorrow and get a nice brisk walk in, a great start for the month of June.

~~~~~~~~~
May Goal Miles: 85
Miles walked Thurs: 5/29/03 3.5
Miled walked Fri: 5/30/03: 0
Total walked today 5/31/03: 0
Total walked to date: 89
Miles to Go: -4.00 overshot!
Old 06-01-2003, 06:59 AM   #186  
Beauty is within...

Hi guys!

I managed to get back into the garden today, and it's looking so GOOD! It didn't end up raining, well spat a little, but not enough to deter me!!! Mum supplied us with lots of cuttings from her garden, so had lots of fun getting them into the ground.

So I did gardening for about 4 hours - another great day of exercise. I'm about to go and do some aerobics to warm up, so I can do my stretches. Last night I even managed to get on the floor and do some situps!

Food's been good. We're having Thai tonight, but I've already worked out the points, and adjusted my day accordingly.

Summary of the month of May was a 4 kilos loss (8.8 pounds), and 66 kilometers of walking!! My aim for June is about the same.

Kristi, I felt sorry for you when I read your post, that you can't be honest about what you're doing because of the stigmas and wrong impressions people can get. I know what you mean about being careful around girls, that you have to make sure that they don't get all thingy about body image. My mum was a shocker about food. She used to be a real dragon about eating junk food, to the point that I used to sneak it in to eat it. Of couse, that's then how the problems started! Food became a comfort in the security of my bedroom, away from her judgemental eyes. I've told Josh (and Marc of course) about losing weight, but I've put it in the context that we need to live a healthy lifestyle if we want to live long, and to do that we need to eat healthy balanced meals and exercise regularly. I haven't focused on the fact that I'm overweight, just that I'm trying to be healthier. So therefore, the whole family eats balanced meals together.
With the party, the best thing you can do is eat a low fat meal before you go. That way you won't be hugely hungry, and can enjoy a couple of little treats without guilt!

Jenifer, WAY TO GO on the loss!!!

Cristi, I like the sound of that angel cake treat - might have to see if we have anything like that here! I can't believe mums - or anyone for that matter - who think they can just say what they want because they're related! I was the first to gain weight in my family, and the looks and comments I used to get (and still do, in fact) totally made my blood boil! Luckily, my brother is now bigger than me, and my sister gained after having her baby, so I'm not the odd one out. In fact, if my program goes according to plan, I'm hoping to be the skinniest of the lot by the end of the year!!!

Janine, well done on the walking and good food choices!

Kristen, glad to hear you didn't have a loss, considering all those nibbles! They add up don't they?? I have found that I have to be totally honest in my journal, otherwise I have the same problem!

Night!
Closed Thread