Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 10:17 PM   #136  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I would have to say overall ladies we all are doing a FANTASTIC job with our walking! So here is a pat on the back to all of us, *pat*, *pat*, and a high five.

Lynne, WTG! A walk is a walk and at least you got a quick one in, and you stayed within your points so you are doing fantastic.

Kristi, WTG! I love capri pants, they are the perfect thing to wear in the summer time. Good luck with your upcoming weigh in and with the 5 graduation parties. I'm sure you will be fine. Here are some good vibes and luck. : You are doing an awesome job. I bet your kids are going to have a great time camping out.

Kristen, hey WTG! It's always nice when your friends notice a change, even if they are small changes. I didn't think the few pounds I had lost was a big deal until I put on a pair of my khakis and they fit comfortably in the waist. They weren't tight, but snug and not comfortable at all. I was surprised to feel a difference because I don't see a difference. So WTG! Have a fun weekend with your friend! And good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. :

Noelle, I sure hope your son gets to feeling better soon. You are almost to goal for the month of May, and you are doing an awesome job, WTG!

Janine, that's A LOT of food!I never mind the actual grocery shopping, it's the lugging them in and having to put them up that I hate, and I just couldn't imagine lugging in $300 worth of groceries. I would have to say you DID get a good workout there! Hope you get to feeling better soon also. How in the world have you managed on such little sleep? I would be a mess.

Jenifer, WTG on your walking! Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow morning. :

Okay ladies Hi to everyone else and if anyone is going somewhere special for this holiday weekend I hope you have a GREAT one! I will be hanging around. Take care ladies and have a good evening.

May Goal~60 miles
5/23/03~3.55 miles
Total Miles 5/03~51.69
Miles to go~8.31

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-23-2003 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:04 AM   #137  
Beauty is within...

Another quickie....

had a really late night watching movies with Marc last night. A few too many champas, so I've got quite a bit of walking to do this week to make up for it!!!

Did some more gardening today - VEeeerrrry quick, as it started to rain, but got the rest of my pansies in. So pretty! One of my favourite flowers.

Food's been really good. I'm really getting hooked on making smart choices, and then giving myself a mental pat on the back. I like the feeling of control. Of finally recognising that I have to be clever about what I eat and when, so that I can still enjoy treats, but in a controlled environment. I HAVE to know and understand how to do this to the point of it being automatic, because it is a LIFELONG habit!!!!

I won't reply to you all tonight, will catch up tomorrow... See ya!
Old 05-24-2003, 04:24 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Girls! I didn't go to my weigh in last week and wasn't too bad on my points. I had a .6 gain this week. I'm upset but I will get over it. Just bummed b/c I have been walking and doing the bike. Oh well life goes on. I will post later tonight when I am in better spirits! Thanks for listening!
Old 05-24-2003, 09:29 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Had a great day today. Daughter's piano recital went beautifully and I was excepted into "The Praise Band" at church. Not hard to do simce they are this wonderful group of really strong women that sing upbeat music at a contemporary service my church offers on Sat. eve. My joining is strictly for selfish reasons. Being Sun. school coordinator plus the 7th and 8th grade teacher I really give 0 months out of the year. I'm eally looking forward to these terrific ladies ministering to me for 3 months. I've wanted to join them for years, but have never had the confidence before. Tonight i just said to myself, " I'm going for it, " and I did and they hugged me and said how glad they were I'd asked. All this and smaller capris. I'm one happy camper.

Lynne, Congrats on the extra income. I hope the shift is one you can all be happy with as well. Keep up the great exercise. A life change like a new shift would've been a good reason for many to skip exercise all together, but you got out there and got yourself a "quickie" WTG girl. I too love pansies. They remind me of a much loved babysitter from my childhood!

Kristen, WTG on that exercise girl. It feels soooo gooood when someone notices. Lucky you!!

Cristi, Thanks for the pats on the back and the good vibes. They made it here and I'm feeling good. The camping last night was hilarious. My Nervous Nelly of a hubby wouldn't let the 7 and 9 yr. olds to sleep outside alone and at about 3:30am when the temp. had dipped to about 40*f he convinced them that he had frost in his hair and that they'd better come in the house. So funny how a strong hee man can be such a sissy!

Have a great weekend ladies.

Kristi
Old 05-24-2003, 09:34 PM   #140  

Well.....I think I'm back. Had a really hard time the past week, but I'm slowly getting back into this. Easing myself into exercise again also. I hope to pick up the pace within a couple days. I didn't weigh in last week, due to the bad time that started with a bad sunburn, which actually turned into heat stroke (according to the ER doc) so......Monday we'll see what kind of damage I have caused. Hopefully it won't be too bad, although I don't think I'm going to make this goal. But you never know. I did 1.5 miles yesterday, and so far today 1.9 and hoping to get in at least 2 more. We'll see. You all ahev been doing so good. I'm proud of all of you.

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: 1.9
Total Walked To Date: 42.5
To Go: 17.5
Old 05-24-2003, 09:58 PM   #141  
One day at a time

Angry Hi Ladies!

Kristi, your hubby made me laugh! I can picture him telling the kids he had frost in his hair, too funny. CONGRATULATION'S on joing The Praise Band! WTG. I am glad to hear you had a wonderful day and the piano recital went well as did everything else.

Jenifer, I know how you feel about a gain and working your booty off. Just keep on truckin, and don't be so down on yourself. We are all human and sometimes we won't always see a loss, believe me I know. And ya know what it's okay. .6 is not so bad and I know next week that .6 and more will be gone forever. Just remember we are here for you.

Lynne, hey WTG and yes we all should give ourselves pats on the back, especially when we do good.

Of course I can't say that today about myself. Not such a good day for me as far as food and exercise goes. I feel like I pigged out, not good. Not on junk but just the amount of food eaten. Then for some reason I just did not feel like exercising today. When I got up this morning my plan and intentions were good. Well, that all fell apart. I did however manage a 15 minute bike ride and a 1.62 mile walk before things went downhill. I feel so guilty too. But I do know what I have to do and that is quit thinking about it because it's done and over with and there's nothing I can do about it. Tomorrow is a new day and I will start anew.

Hi EVERYONE else! Hope you all had a GREAT Saturday. Later...

May Goal~60 miles
5/24/03~1.62 miles
Total Miles 5/03~53.37
Miles to go~6.63 (Can't slow down now!)

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-26-2003 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:07 PM   #142  
One day at a time

Jen, guess we were posting at the same time.

WELCOME BACK Jen!

Geez, heat stroke?! You better be careful, that is too scary. Sorry you had such a bad week last week. But so glad to see you back. Don't try to do too much too soon, take it easy and work your way back up slowly. We're here for you when you need us.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:51 AM   #143  
Beauty is within...

This weekend has been a bit higgledy piggledy for me, but I've kept a reasonable control on my food. Today, I had an Undercoverwear Party, which is lingerie and clothes for women. I served low fat muffins and diet flavoured mineral water!!

I also went for my long walk and did my stretches. Yay!

I had an interesting thought on my walk. I was thinking that in my post tonight I'd be saying how positive I feel about this, and that hopefully this time it will last. And I thought AH! Saying "hopefully this time it will last" is almost inviting disaster. I SHOULD NOT be saying "hopefully" but DEFINITELY. This is a lifestyle. It is a change for life. There IS NO "hopefully" because this is not just a fad, but a way of being for the rest of my life. Although my conscious mind has accepted it, and talks about it being this way, obviously my subconscious mind is taking a bit to catch up!!!

I also realised that once I've lost another 4 kilos, I will have lost 10 kilos from the weight I was at when I got pregnant this time last year.

I got caught out today by tricky advertising I bought some low fat chocolate muffins that claim to be 97% fat free. However, when you look at the kilojoules and total fat, one muffin is equal to 2 WW points!!!! For something that's supposed to be almost fat free, that's a lot of points!!! I'm spewing cos I had 3 thinking they'd be about 1 point each, and in doing so have gone over points today. I was trying so hard to do the right thing, and got caught out. Guess that will teach me a lesson, that I shouldn't ASSUME anything, but check the facts!!!!!

Jenifer, don't feel bad about the small gain - lots of things could've caused it. Don't forget muscle weighs more than fat - you could have just converted another fat deposit into sexy muscle!! I don't know if it's any consolation, but on my side of the world, .6 pounds is 0.27 kilos, so not even 1/2 kilo, and we can fluctuate around 2 kilos a day! So hang in there, you are doing an AMAZING job, and will continue to see great results!

Kristi, I love the idea of camping in your backgarden. We didn't do a lot of that, although we used to go camping in the Victorian Grampians every October long weekend. I love your hubby's way of getting out of it - I can just hear the kids repeating that story for years to come, and him trying to forget!

Jen, good luck on getting back into the exercise. I was the same when I started, but the more I do, and the better I feel, the more I want to do!!!

Cristi, from the way you described your day, I don't think you've got anything to feel bad about - you pigged out, but it wasn't on junk food - that's one step in the right direction. And you said you didn't exercise enough, yet you went for a bike ride and walk!!! I'd say you are a CHAMP and keep up the good work!!! If that's a bad day for you, you are going to be cruising to your goal weight in no time!!!

Night guys!
Old 05-26-2003, 01:33 AM   #144  
One day at a time

Red face Hi Ladies!

I am assuming everyone is off having a GREAT Memorial Weekend?! Well, HI to EVERYONE!

Lynne, thanks! What you said is so true but when I have days like that I feel so guilty and bad. Today was a much better day though as I did get back on track. And you are so right about saying "hopefully" I find myself doing that also and it does seem like an invite to disaster. Another one is, I seem to say I will "try" again instead of trying I need to change it to I will "DO", not I will "try". WTG on your walking and stretching today.

Well, as I said I did so much better today. Stayed on track with my eating and after mass this morning I did a 25 minute bike ride and a 3.21 mile walk. Hey, I'm getting close to making my walking goal for the month, YIPPEE! No doubt at all I will make it. That's about all I have for now. I didn't plan on staying up late and here it is after midnight. At least tomorrow I can sleep in.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE!

May Goal~60 miles
5/25/03~3.21
Total Miles 5/03~56.58
Miles to go~3.42 (Can't slow down now!)
Old 05-26-2003, 09:43 AM   #145  
Beauty is within...

I note that you are celebrating Memorial Day - what is that for?

I had another good day today. Worked in the garden a bit more. Although we're renting, we're planning on being here for a few years, so want to landscape the garden so it is bearable. I've always wanted a water feature, so we're going to build up a waterfall and little pond / stream. We've managed to score some boulders and slate from a house being demolished across the road, and some broken concrete slabs for paving from my parents. So I've been outside tidying up, and then in the next few days we've got to weed the whole area, get the soil turned over, and then start digging! The idea is that we will plant herbs in and around the waterfall and pond. I've got a really good image in my head, so hopefully it will turn out ok. The great thing is that this will hardly cost us anything, apart from a few plants, as most of the materials we're getting free from people!!!

I also went for my big walk again. 4.8km in 45 minutes!!!

Food's been pretty good, but my gosh it adds up! It's soo good that I'm journalling, because at least I can keep an eye on what I'm eating. Therefore, if I don't lose weight, I can look back on the week and see where I've made mistakes and how I can avoid them again.

Cristi, glad to hear you had a better day, and that you are near your goal - I should make mine too, which is really cool!

I'm off to bed. Take it easy!
Old 05-26-2003, 06:58 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone, I've had a great 3 day weekend. My house is clean, my veg. garden is all planted, and I had my first company in ages. My nice called early yesterday morning and said she and her family were going to be home and they wanted to know if they could stop in. I have loved this woman from the second she was born almost as if she were my own. She is my brother's only child. She was born when I was just 12 so she went with me everywhere. I was just the right age to fall in love with a baby and my brother being only 17 when she was born he and her mother needed all the help they could get from anywhere. Now my niece is almost 27, has a great husband, a beautiful 2 year old, and is 7.5 mths. pregnant with her second child. Remarkably my brother and her mother are still happily married after all these years. Anyway, we built a big fire and did hot dogs and marshmallows with the fixins and ended up with a lot of people stopping. We live on a main highway so when people drove by they saw the fire and stopped. We ended up having a ball. Except for gardening I managed no exercise the past 3 days, but i have stayed within cal. range pretty good. All in all I'm pleased with myself. Tomorrow life's back to normal and i don't think i did any damage.

Jen, sorry to hear you were ill. I hope you ease back into your routine so there is no relapse. Take good care of yourself and drink that water girl!!!

Cristi,What you consider a bad day of exercise looks like quite a bit to me. If everyone would do " so little "each day the world would be a happier healthier place.Way to bounce back, I had no doubt your next message would be a better day. Great job!!!

Lynne, I love your positive attitude. A lifestyle change is what we have to make. We can never go back to treating ourselves the way we used to or we will look and feel the way we used to and who wants that? Always read labels BEFORE purchasing, noone can be trusted! I love the sound of your water plans and there's no way to make healthy food taste great than fresh grown herbs. Way to set up your life to be a thinner healthier you.

Kristi
Old 05-26-2003, 07:06 PM   #147  

How has everybody's holiday been? Okay here. Feeling much better, getting myself hydrated again. I have been slacking off all weekend, pretty much with the walking but I think if I really push it I'll be able to make my goal.

Weigh in was today and I am down 3 more pounds (although that's for 2 weeks) for a total of 22 since April 6th. I don't know if that's good or not, but it feels pretty nice. I was able to get my behind in a pair of shorts that I wasn't able to fit into last summer, actually I wasn't able to fit into them 3 weeks ago, so that was awesome. I want to be in my size 16 shorts by 4th of July, not sure if that will happen though. We'll see.

Still doing laundry, and getting things ready for dinner. I have decided to allow myself to have 1 piece of cake that we have here, and then that's it. Someone has to take it to work wih them tomorrow so I'm not tempted.

So far today I have managed 2 miles and am p[lanning on at least 2 more, maybe 3. We'll see about that too. well I better get going, you all have agreat day!!!!

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: 2
Total Walked To Date: 44.5
To Go: 15.5
Old 05-26-2003, 07:51 PM   #148  
One day at a time

Angry Good Evening Ladies!

Well I am a bit disappointed. Even though I didn't expect a loss this week I sure didn't expect to gain 2 stinking pounds! That's okay though. While I won't make my goal this month as far as losing weight, I definitely will make my goal for June, that is a promise! I am going to work harder. I have the exercise down it's just the eating. I honestly thought I didn't do too bad last week and I know the problem is I quit writing down what I eat so I have started that back up today. It really does help to see in writing what you eat. Too I know that in my mind I am thinking okay I exercised today so I can eat a little more and that is just not the case so I need to change my way of thinking there. I'm not letting it get me down though. As I have said all along I am going to lose this weight this time, it may be slow and take a long time but I AM going to do it!

Lynne, Memorial Day is a holiday for remembering veterans, and those who fought and died in the service. I think though most people have forgotten the meaning of the day and think it is just a weekend to get away. Sounds like your garden is simply beautiful! We too are renting a house and have been here two years but I can't get into fixing the yard. We are currently looking for a house to buy but from the looks of it we may end up here another year. I miss having a garden. I know I am going to plant some cherry tomatoes for sure. I love those and can't find them anywhere but at Wal-Mart once in a while and for the price and quantity it's not worth it. But you guys are doing a GREAT job with your garden. You need to post some photos so we can see.

Kristi, glad to hear you had a nice weekend!

Jen, WTG on making your goal!

May Goal~60 miles
5/26/03~2.5 miles
Total Miles 5/03~59.08
Miles to go~.92 (Almost there tomorrow for sure!)
Old 05-26-2003, 10:59 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies I am back and ready to post in a happier mode. I went for my walk tonight and that felt really good b/c I hadn't gone for a walk since last Thursday. Whoo baby I needed it! I want to go ride my bike and maybe I will later on.
To all you ladies: When I come to this post you all make me smile very much! Thanks for all the support and motivation! You all are very wonderful! Hugs to everyone! I'll talk to you all later! Glad to here you all had a great Memorial Weekend. I had to work today but it was a lot of fun. Bye Bye!
Total Miles Today~ 2
Total May Miles~ 37
Old 05-27-2003, 01:03 AM   #150  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, it's feels like ages since I've posted last. Sounds like you ladies are doing great on the walking and other exercising. My son is STILL sick! I don't know what's wrong but he's still running a mild temp w/a cough which gets worse at night, it's been 2 weeks already and he's been to the doc once. Doc says it was a run-of-the-mill cold but I'm not so sure the diagnosis was correct. I will be taking him again tomorrow to have him checked out again to see if there's anything more they can do for him or if they can find what's wrong. He's acting like his normal happy self, but when the fever sets in he's not interested in eating or drinking, just resting. I hope it's nothing serious although I'm starting to worry more due to the length of time it's been going on. I'll be praying that he gets better real soon. I've been only working 1/2 days since he's been ill and my paperwork's been piling up. Anyhow, I'm still getting in my daily walks and feeling pretty heart healthy--now to fix the little boy . Oh yeah, I overshot my May goal of 85 miles today by .5 mile--I'm pumped and ready to challenge myself to go even farther next month. let's do it ladies!

~~~~~~~~~
May Goal Miles: 85
Miles walked Fri. 5/23/03: 3.5
Miled walked Sat. 5/24/03: 3.5
Miles walked Sun. 5/25/03: 3.5
Miles walked Mon. 5/26/03: 3.5
Total walked to date: 85.5
Miles to Go: -.50 over
Closed Thread