Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Guess who finished Level 1, Day 1, the whole thing?! MEEEE!

Alright, I did it during commercial breaks during Biggest Loser, but still! I finished it! Breaking it up like that gives my ankle (and neck, I have fused vertebrae) time to rest, and then I'm rested enough by the next commercial break to go all out again. Not exactly following the letter of the program, I know, but at least it's getting done.

Bring on Level 1, Day 2. And by the way, do those bicycle crunches ever get easier? I'm SO uncoordinated!!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:18 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 188/188/100

Height: 4'11"

L1D6 done. I was reluctant to do it because the TOM was discouraging me to do anything today; buuuuuut I did it anyway.

@penmage: yeah, I was super confused with the bicycle crunches, I really don't know if I am doing them correctly or not honestly. I think the key is to have the straightened leg low enough for you to feel your abs work.
tiawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 AM   #108  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Level One Done!

10 days in a row, and just now I pushed myself super hard and it was a great great burn! All of it apart from the press ups following the more advanced version, I can't believe what a difference 10 days makes!

I even noticed today at work, as one of my Tuesday schools is literally built into the side of the mountain and the path up to it is mega steep. Normally I'm out of breath at the top, but today I was fine, yippeee!

Bring on level 2 in the morning!!!! I wonder if it'll be back to days of agony again if new muscles are worked? Anyone who's started it how did you find the transition?

Tiawyn Well done at getting it done!

Penmage well done you! I love that watching the biggest loser spurs you on to be your own biggest loser, brilliant! What season is on in AMerica now and how far in is it? I might have to download, ages since I've seen a season but it's so good for motivation!

ImImportant Grrrrr to you having to do so much extra work, sounds awful, but glad you've got the 30DS as your stress buster!

Last edited by takingcontrol; 01-15-2013 at 04:39 AM.
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #109  

Hello, everyone!

I'm on Day 6 of the 30 Day Shred, and I thought it might be nice to check in with others that are doing it too. I still have quite a bit to lose, and this workout REALLY kicks my butt! I feel very, very out of shape. It's a very difficult work out and I do struggle... but I know it'll be worth it! The first few days I was crazy sore, but now the soreness is minimal, thank goodness, haha.

Good luck, everyone! Hope you're having a great day.
AnnaPajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #110  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I finished L1D6 on Saturday, then ate some dried apricot at my MIL's later in the day. I guess I'm allergic to it and never knew because it's not something I eat. I woke up Sunday covered in hives and today they are still really bothersome. I don't feel like I can workout yet because I don't want to irritate the hives. I'm on steroids for 12 days so I'm focussing on my eating to prevent weight gain.

I'm going to attempt L1D7 tomorrow, hopefully.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #111  

Just finished L1D4! I'm really amazed at how much less overwhelmed I feel now - it's really getting easier by the day. Of course, that probably means my body is getting used to it and it's getting less effective - but still!

By the way, has anybody else noticed that one side of their body is handling the exercise better than the other? I can handle the strength exercises with my left arm okay-ish, but my right arm still feels weak and I can tell its form is worse. (I'm left-handed, which may explain this...)

takingcontrol - well done on finishing L1! From what I've heard about L2, it's supposed to be a big jump in difficulty & it might be a good idea to watch the video before attempting it - but it's also supposed to be VERY rewarding. Good luck!
littlegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 191/171/153 now 185/185/155

Height: 5'3"

L2D6 complete.
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #113  

LIttlegreen I should have read your advice before doing my first day today ha ha ha!

ImImportnat you're doing great! How are you finding level 2?

StephanieM Sorry to hear you've had a reaction, I hope you're mended soon, take a pause, the 30DS will be there when you're fit

Annapjama hello and welcome

L2D1 done! Just! Wow, that was challenging! If in 10 days I can power through that I'll be saluting Jillian for sure! Tomorrow I'm going to do it in the evening when I have a little more time to do it and then re do some of the moves to practise form.

My plank when doing any jumping/movment from the position goes to pot and my butt is right up in the air, and with the timings I just don't have the chance to make myself engage my abs and keep it low, but I'll get there!

Love the new cardio and abs though!

The last half of the last circuit of strength made me want to cry and I gave up on weights as my weakling arms were screaming, but essentially I did day one! Now for the ache in the morning I guess!

The intensity of that makes me believe body shapes will really change, I can wait to meet myself in 10 days!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:19 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 188/188/100

Height: 4'11"

L1D7 done. I kinda half did it because I went to the gym earlier and did strength training on my legs, I didn't want to over-do it. We'll see how sore I am tomorrow.

@takingcontrol: you scare me with your comments on level 2. Even though I have had this DVD for 3 years, never have I attempted levels 2 or 3. Plus I am traveling and staying in a hotel all next week, hopefully I can still do level 2 when I'm there.
tiawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:35 AM   #115  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

L2D5 done. I've gotta admit that level 2 does really kick my butt; I am totally soaked afterwards, but level 1 was very challenging the first several days as well, so I'm hoping this level will get easier in the next few days! It seems like Day 4 is a real doozy for most of us for some reason...

But here's the good news: I think the shape of my belly is changing.
Woo-hoo!

Congrats to everyone who's muscling (literally) through this - we can do it!

StephanieM, hope your hives are getting better.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:13 AM   #116  

Tiawyn don't be scared, although it was horrible, I kind of liked it, and can't wait to give it another try tomorrow, I WILL MASTER GOOD FORM IN THE PLANK! I'm excited to see where I'll be in 9 days time. Loving the programme!

In fact, I'm loving it that much that I've got my exercise cravings back! So much so that I plucked up the courage to go down to the local running track just now and have officially started my own version of C25K to complement the 30DS, fit me here I come!

Cattails whoooop to the changing shape, go girl! Level 2 is insane but I think it'll end up being more rewarding than level one in the long run, I am a little scared what level 3 may have in store though lol
Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #117  

Default Good job everyone!

taking control. Level 2 still has me soaked. The planks are a killer but I look forward to them each time because of the challenge. I like the military leg press because from day 1 to day 3 I could see my balance improve.

Good luck on your running. I have C25K on my IPod and was planning to start next week. I'm preparing for an obstacle course 5K in May.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #118  

Imimportant I believe that even the super fit should be sweating good at the end of it, anyone who pushes themselves hard on it has got to feel it, surely?!

Good luck wth C25k, im taking a different approach this time and skipping out the short intervals at the beginning and seeing if starting with much longer intervals but very slowly increasing on those works for me..... I'm not a natural by any means, find running really challenging so gotta keep trying new things! An obstacle 5K sounds heaps of fun!

Last edited by takingcontrol; 01-16-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #119  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Thanks, takingcontrol and cattails.

Don't think I can workout still, still breaking out.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #120  

StephanieM Hope you feel better soon.