Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 191/171/153 now 185/185/155

Height: 5'3"

Thanks! I chose this name to be reminded that it is okay to put myself first sometimes.

I spent yesterday up and down a ladder painting my bedroom so I skipped my workout this morning. I will get it in this evening and then start level 2 tomorrow morning. I could spend more time on L1 but I'm not feeling the burn anymore.

This morning as I dressed for work I noticed less jiggle in my thighs. I also noticed that my shoulders are more defined. The scale is not moving but the definition is appreciated. I think I will sit through L2 just to mentally prepare for the workout tomorrow morning.

L1D9 done at 8pm. I will start L2D1 tomorrow.

Last edited by ImImportant; 01-08-2013 at 07:01 PM.
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #62  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Hey guys,

I've been feeling bored of my normal routine and wanting to do something different. A friend in my mom's group is doing 30DS right now so I thought I'd join her, and post here as well.

I did L1D1 today, I remember why I hate it so much. It's hard! I don't have anything smaller than 8 lb dumbbells so I used those today.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #63  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

I'm sick so I'm taking a few days off until I feel better. smh I'm on level 2 though!!! So happy I finished level 1 without dying. lol
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #64  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

ImImportant the changes in the way your clothes are fitting sound great! Good luck with Level 2! Can you do the whole of level one without a burn? Wow!

StephanieM I'm also just started and using the 30DS to get exercise back in my life routine again. It's hard enough for me with no weights just now (due to not owning any!) so well done on doing it with your 8lb ones! What other exercise do you typically do? I'm looking for inspiration.....!

CaliforniaDreamer Feel better soon and congrats on finishing level one! I hope this time next week I'm saying the same, although the way my legs feel today I'm not so sure!!!

Level 1 Day 3 done! Did it before work this morning, getting out of bed was blooming hard work and I cut it a bit fine so had to really rush, so tomorrow I'm setting the alarm 10 minutes earlier and persevering with the morning slot, it's lovely now being home from work and having it out of the way!

My legs (calves and quads) are on fire today, so at least I know it's working! For those of you further on, without rest days does the burn really ever go away?

I went for a swim on the way home from work and will do a stretch DVD this evening all to try and help but, if it's here to stay I guess I'll just learn to live with it, it'll be worth it if I do shred!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #65  
Losing the baby weight

takingcontrol, I normally lift weights, which I really enjoy. I'm not much of a cardio person. I do NROL4W usually but I wanted a change of pace.

Edit: My quads and abs are really sore today, and my arms a little bit sore. I'm going to do L1D2 in about a half hour.

Last edited by StephanieM; 01-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #66  

CaliforniaDreamer Congrats on completing Level 1! Feel better soon!

takingcontrol my only burn on L1 is the second set of lunge/armlift but I still finish the sets. After 8 days I guess my muscles are used to the movement so I want to change it up.

StephanieM what is NROL4W?

Last edited by ImImportant; 01-08-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #67  
Losing the baby weight

Done L1D2! Didn't feel as much loathing for Jillian this time but still hard. Still very sore and achey.

ImImportant, its New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's a great introductory book to strength training and it has a 6 month weight lifting program to do in it.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #68  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

takingcontrol, I've done Level one 7 days in a row and yes, the burn does go away! Well, I feel it in my calves during the 'jumprope' but after that it's all good.

I want to do NROL4W after this, looks like a good program. Before this, I was doing some power yoga routines and a strength one, also doing C25K. I think it's good to keep switching up your exercise to keep from getting bored and keep challenging your body in different ways.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #69  

L1 Day 4 Done! After work today as I don't tutor in the evenings so knew I'd have the time. I think my plan will be to do early mornings Tuesday and Thursdays when I have busy evenings after work, but the other days do it either after work or when not working whenever.... I think I'm motivated enough to keep going now almost half way through level one and can't wait to see what level 2 has in store!

Found the workout really quick today! The first half is defo way worse for me than the second. Press ups are still not working properly and the lunges hurt! The rest is pretty much OK, especially the cardio bits, feel like maybe I should make them longer? Or definitely get around to buying weights and by upping the intensity of the strength I'll not want any more from the cardio!

StephanieM WHen I'm back in the UK I'd be really interested in looking into the NRLW - this time last year I joined the gym for the classes and the pool and became absolutely addicted to Les Mill's Body Pump. I believe that the two are quite different with NRLW is using heavy weights and less reps? But Pump is lighter weights and more reps, I adored the powerful feeling of upping my weights and feeling myself getting stronger and stronger and the buzz that came with it. Another reason to get some weights to use during this work out!

Cattails - I can't wait for the burn to go away! Not during the workout so much but in general life! My left calf is on fire whenever I go up hills or do stairs and my legs hate me every time I get on my bike to cycle anywhere! But, no pain, no gain! I've tried the C25K many times, and never finished it. Being able to run a 5K is very much part of my longterm plan, I just find the stamina building really hard mentally I think!

Before I set off to work tomorrow, I'll be half way through level one, yippee!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #70  

L2D1 done!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #71  
Losing the baby weight

takingcontrol, yeah, NROL4W is actually weight lifting, Les Mills is more like strength/cardio mix. There are less reps and higher weights. You build up strength and lose inches fast! I took measurements after 6 weeks and I lost a ton of inches even though I only shifted about 4 lbs.

L1D3 done! I'm starting to get really tired. I'm used to taking every other day off and this every day thing is hard.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 270/245/150

Height: 5'4"

Did day 5 today. It was the hardest, and yet the easiest. I'm getting more used to it (coming from somebody who previously hadn't worked out in about 9 months), and pushing myself a little more each day.

So far I'm doing it without weights, but I plan on re-doing it with weights again when I finish these 30 days.
ttaplehcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #73  

Level 1 day 5 done

Done the first 5 days with no weights just because I don't have any and in my strange THai town aren't exactly sure where to get any! But my next workout isn't until tomorrow afternoon/evening, so either after work today or tomorrow I'm going on a dumbbell mission so I can do the next 5 days with weights!

To all of you saying the aches/pains would go, I wasn't convinced, but you really are right, I'm feeling good this morning, even had a bit of a press up break through!

I know as soon as I intro weights the aches and pains will be back, but, I'm ready for it!!!!!

StephanieM I know what you mean about the no rest, but I;m only a couple of days ahead of you and I seem to be over the 'hump' of tirdeness and aching, so you;ll get there soon, I hope!

ImImportant how was Level 2?!

Ttaplehcar We're on exactly the same day, I hope in 25 days we're both still here and posting that we did it!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #74  

Takingcontrol The level 1 exercises definitely prepare you for level 2. Similar movement combinations so the forms you learn in Level 1 help a lot in Level 2.

StephanieM. I took a couple of breaks, once for unrelated back pain and again because I did a lot of painting and I was exhausted. Take care of yourself.

Last edited by ImImportant; 01-09-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

*pokes head in*

Hi everybody! I bought 30DS the other day, and decided to give it a go tonight. Oh boy. Apparently my body doesn't like the jumping up and down aspect (it makes me have to go potty!), and my ankle didn't like any of it. I managed to (pitifully!) finish the first circuit.

Would it be pathetic of me to just try to do a little bit more every day, until I can actually finish the whole "day" ? I have a weak ankle, and am afraid to stress it too much. I'd rather not have to limp everywhere, you know?
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote