Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Ran 3.5 miles in the morning and did an hour of strength training later in the day. I'm feeling a bit sluggish due to some mild menstrual cramps, but always remember how much more intense they were, and how lousy I would feel before I lost weight and started regular exercise.

Cherry's right, we are doing some serious fall mileage. And many of us have reached some signficant goals and milestones. Cheers to every marathoner whether full or half, and all of us who continue to lace 'em up, take one day and run at a time, and work on bettering our lives and health! So happy to have found such an inspiring thread

A great week to us all!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I ran 5 miles Friday! Longest since my injury!! I was so happy I could have did cartwheels up Hwy 303. I will scale back this week and pick it up again for my long run. I plan a half in March of next year. I know it is a long way off but I have a tendency to get mileage crazy...so I have to be careful

DEVA - Congrats! WOW you are 60...I cant believe that! I thought you were almost 20 years youngers than that! Awesome

defenestrator - WTG!!! I love the half mary. its my baby. You ROCK

Beck - You are doing very well! Man you are gonna assphault (as we runner say LOL)

Tabby - Awww *hugs* your next race will be much better. I am sorry to hear you had a such a difficult time. I love the idea of wearing a Xena T-shirt while jogging!

Cherry pie - you kick AS- Nuff said!!!

Binge - that is great mileage. Keep it up...

I absolutely love this thread! So much inspiration!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #93  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

10.5 miles outside
side affect of EAT day(yesterday), body felt soooo heavy.

Have a good one everyone!!!
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

2.5 mile run during my lunch hour and during a break in the mild, refreshing, and much needed rain that started very early this morning.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #95  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Just a drive by post on the run...{so to speak!} Thank you all for you comments and need to sit down and comment on all of you when I have some time....
Yesterday did the uphill route ran 5 miles,they are quail hunting on my usuall route..need toget some hills in as my race in 2 weeks has a bunch {I think}
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #96  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Hello all!!

So happy to be reading through everyone's progress. Sorry I've been MIA the last few days I had a big medical test yesterday, just an annual exam b/c I have ulcerative colitis but it takes up about 48 hours w/ prep & test etc. I'm still reading over everything but just to highlight a few:

CONGRATULATIONS on hitting a year mark Deva - that's awesome & I love love that you celebrated with a run!! Great time as well!

Cherry you are SO fast it's incredible! Seriously - that is a KILLER time for a half - did you have water with you though? Is that why the last 2 miles were problematic?

Defense - I'm so glad you completed your first half - what did you think? I'm slightly addicted to them now haha you?

Beck - that course looks fantastic - I'm jealous!!

Congrats to all on your Fall runs - hope you are enjoying them!

I did TOUGH MUDDER on Saturday. It's kind of crazy - I started an excel spreadsheet back in April 2012 to start training for tough mudder - it was actually labeled Tough Mudder training....this Saturday I did it and honestly...it was pretty easy!!

I have a few gripes and I hope nobody holds it against me - I know it's a "competition" not a "race", but seriously I felt like most people didn't try - about 70% seemed to walk the entire course etc. A few parts were cool/fun/challenging like jumping into the "arctic enema" challenge - a huge dumpster FILLED with ice and water and you have to go underneath took a lot of mental stamina so that was pretty cool but honestly, I dunno - if I spend $150+ to do a race like this & it's billed the "toughest event on the planet" I'm going to kick my butt to make sure I do the best I can. I thought it would be more like super spartan race where 90% of the people were in great shape...this one not so much, kind of a let down but I'm glad I did it & got the headband! Now I need a new challenge to train for!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #97  

Good morning 3-1/2 mile run this morning

LM3898 - I understand what you mean; i honestly felt the same way. BUT if they want to spend their money and not put in the effort so be it. You trained hard, accomplished your goal and made it look easy! But yes no judgement I often have that thought...i give my all EVERY time. Some of us are just built like that
Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm3898 View Post
Cherry you are SO fast it's incredible! Seriously - that is a KILLER time for a half - did you have water with you though? Is that why the last 2 miles were problematic?
Thanks lm and everyone else for the compliments - it doesn't FEEL like I'm running particularly fast. I don't think it's a good thing that I seem to run the same pace whether I'm running 4 miles or 10!!

I did have water and stopped to rehydrate a few times. My calves but especially my hip flexors were killing me. I stopped for some water at 12 and getting started again was a KILLER.

I ran 6 yesterday - I was worried I would be sore, but I felt completely fine.

I have a 10K race on Saturday, so I'm thinking a short run today and a shirt run Thursday?

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #99  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Good job Cherry
I have an IT band injury...
Babying the body and only walking now.
10.5 miles outside
going to 5 miles on elliptical now.

Happy Tuesday all!!!
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #100  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

5 miles tonight, in the cool calm dark.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #101  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Nice run masterp & Beck.

6.5 miles last night in about 55 minutes. Stopped twice for this damn foot ailment that nobody knows what's wrong actually with...so frustrating. Going back to the foot doctor next week - fingers crossed!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #102  

3 mile run last night....and my pace is increasing! I am so happy...I wonder how long it will be before I am back to 9:00 min miles.

You ladies are really logging the miles this week! Awesome!!!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #103  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

I was planning on running intervals last night- about 3 miles worth, but only did a warm up mile and then 8 one-minute sprints with 1 minute recovery in between. I had my shoes laced up and was ready to hit the pavement, but the husband only got home at about 8pm, and by the time I filled him in on what was going on with the kids homework and bedtime routines (we have 6 kids), it was 8:30. If I run past 9pm, it's tough for me to fall asleep, and I need to get in bed at 10pm or the 5:30am wake up is brutal and the entire day I feel sluggish.

The good news is that I really pushed myself through the sprints- I was ticked off at dh, so took it out on the road.

I ran 5 miles this morning. It wasn't a great run, feeling slow and self-doubting, but I pushed through it. Ten days to go until half marathon!
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #104  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

No running yesterday..had to take my baby {dog} to the vet for e xrays on his hips. He was super knocked out all day . This am he wwas out of it still and not breathing right hubby took 1st part of morning off and took him to vet...I went to work for a couple hours till he got back from vet and I went home from work...This pm he is back to being his usually noisy naughty self GLAD to have him back SCARY!!!! He weighs 150lbs think they gave him to much medication.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 210/185/137

Height: 5'8"

I've never seen this group before but I just got really back into running and I'm gradually building up my base so I can start training for a full marathon (my first). So excited to have found you guys!
gymrat05 is offline   Reply With Quote