3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   The 21 Most Incredible Themed Races (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/266472-21-most-incredible-themed-races.html)

TurboMammoth 09-18-2012 12:54 PM

The 21 Most Incredible Themed Races

I found out this article listing 21 funny theme running races. People who doesn't run sometimes say that running is quite boring, because you go out there and just basically put one feet in front of the other ;-) They sure never saw any of THESE races!!

http://greatist.com/fitness/best-themed-running-races/

I am personnaly doing a Spartan race next spring (I heard you most likely need to be able to do a pull-up to do those. Uh-oh.) but I did not know the biggest part of the races in the list.

Would you dare a Nude Run in Finland? ;) LOL

LovelyAndLosing 09-18-2012 02:26 PM

I did a Tough Mudder a week ago it was a blast!

gatorgirl6 09-18-2012 10:40 PM

I am going to do the Color Run in early December! :)

msbiscotti 09-19-2012 02:34 AM

I've done the jingle bell run/WALK...with the emphasis on walk haha. I've done it 3 or 4 years now. Its a lot of fun!

Spiritix 09-19-2012 02:38 AM

Dude most of those sound cool! I think I still need a while before I'm in good enough shape to even do a 5k. And maybe doing an underwear run when I feel better about my body. :p

mscoppertop 09-19-2012 05:41 AM

Ive done the Run For Your Lives and the Warrior Dash. I hope to train up for a Spartan Run for next year. I had a HUGE blast doing these runs. Training up for them just wasnt as fun ;)

kelly315 09-19-2012 07:20 AM

The color and zombie runs look super fun, but why so many food-centric runs? I don't get it. Why eat a dozen donuts in the middle of a 5k?

TurboMammoth 09-19-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly315 (Post 4473082)
The color and zombie runs look super fun, but why so many food-centric runs? I don't get it. Why eat a dozen donuts in the middle of a 5k?

I seriously don't even think I could do it, even if I really wanted. I'm pretty sure that everything would end up in this urge barf fest after eating a dozen krispy kream donuts...!

I heard about another race food related last year, I think it is somewhere in Vermont, You have to run 5k, eat a pint of Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream (BRAIN FREEEZE lol) and come back running 5k!

AmyAmy 09-19-2012 08:08 AM

These look like so much fun. I really want to do the zombie run.

zoya417 09-19-2012 08:21 AM

My cousin does the Warrior Dash and Spartan races, her husband did the Death Race this last year and they love them. The Spartan race kind of people are very dedicated if a little obsessive. You have to admire them.

I just signed up for my first 5k, it is the Anything is Possible Daylight Savings Time 5k run/walk at 1:50am. I will be happy to finish that and she is crawling under barbed wire and doing 100 burpees. :dizzy:

lm3898 09-19-2012 08:38 AM

Turbo - I just did my first SUPER spartan two weeks ago - over 11 Miles of pure death hills, 25 foot cliff jumps, 8' walls etc. - BEST day of my life!!

TurboMammoth 09-19-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lm3898 (Post 4473153)
Turbo - I just did my first SUPER spartan two weeks ago - over 11 Miles of pure death hills, 25 foot cliff jumps, 8' walls etc. - BEST day of my life!!

AWESOME :D I'm starting with the Sprint Spartan next spring... Can't wait!

I was supposed to do the Warrior Dash this summer but the race in Quebec location was cancelled :(

lm3898 09-19-2012 10:35 AM

Honestly, I've done warrior dash, mudmanx, runamuck etc. NOTHING compares to Spartan races in terms of difficulty - even the sprints I'm told. It's just a different caliber of athletes I've found...but all are great fun!

I'm signed up next year for sprint, super & beast so I can get my trifecta medal! Aroo!

I also have tough mudder in one month so back to train, train, train!

Good luck w/ your sprint!

Seashell84 09-21-2012 02:16 PM

I am doing the color run in 2 weeks! I'm so excited! I also plan on doing a mud run/obstacle 5k next summer, it's similar to the Warrior Dash, but they said it is much more difficult than W.D.!

milmin2043 09-24-2012 12:56 AM

The beer mile is done around the country and it's another "puker". You only run a mile total, which sounds pretty easy, huh? BUT, you drink a beer at the start, one at a 1/4 mile, one at a 1/2 mile, one at 3/4 mile, and you can't continue running until you've downed the entire beer (12 ozs.). I threw up. :)