3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   SEPTEMBER RUNNING - Fallllll into running. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/265703-september-running-fallllll-into-running.html)

lm3898 09-04-2012 10:13 PM

SEPTEMBER RUNNING - Fallllll into running.

Hello all sorry for the late start to the thread - I was on vacation for the latter part of last week [vacation/destination wedding] VERY busy but fun.

Logged 4 miles in 34 min. on Sat., Sept. 1st before the wedding prep started so I'm glad I got a workout it.

Start sharing & happy Sept. to all & here's to FALL TEMPS [Except you Cherry - I know you'll be sad to see the heat & humidity go!]

CherryPie99 09-05-2012 08:22 AM

I am soooooo sad to turn the calendar to September!! Last night I was working out in our basement lifting weights and I looked over at our treadmill and realized that this is too soon going to be my reality :(

Anyway - if you didn't see, I did my longest run on Sunday - went 11.25. Towards the end my right hip got pretty sore and I felt a twinge in my achilles. I was relieved that when I ran yesterday I wasn't sore at all, so it must have just been the longer distance getting to me.

5 miles in a light rain yesterday. I'll run a quick 4 tomorrow and hope for the best in my 10K race on Saturday!

LM - glad you had a great vaca!

devadiva 09-06-2012 09:02 AM

Yesterday ran a 10k 1/2 uphill 700 ft. then downhill not fast but what a great run its on dirt rocky road much like trailrunning out in the oopen {hunting season} but love it able to look all around cooling off a bit in the am only 70 at 7 am. till suns up...But frost will be on the pumpkins soon!

AmyAmy 09-06-2012 09:55 PM

I ran yesterday with the local running wich I joined a week ago. I ran 5 kilometres in 34 minutes and 20 seconds.

Big improvement from last week which was 36 minutes. I'm still waaaaaay behind everyone else, but I'm using it as motivation. This time one of the other runners came back to run the last kilometre with me. He was running way faster then I was, but I was determined to keep up for as long as I could. I managed to, which I think led to the increased time, and I even sprinted the last few metres. I think I can run a lot faster than my mind thinks I can, I just need to break through that mental barrier.

TripSwitch 09-07-2012 12:49 AM

I'm just getting back into running so I've been just tracking my minutes not my miles right now... although I have pretty good idea of distance because I'm doing runs that I'm very familiar with and have run for years...

I love running... I like to be out for at least an hour, and usually much longer... So today I put together a 90 minute run... felt pretty good, some aches and pains along the way, but nothing unusual... a little tough going towards the end, but that's to be expected once you're out for more than an hour, at least for me anyways....

I've run 3 marathons in the past... So I'm pretty sure that I see another in my future... But I've actually always had a secret desire to run an Ultra... So I guess we'lll see... Dare to dream...!!!

I'm so glad I found this thread... I think it's just what I need to keep me motivated as I try get my groove back...

Happy trails everyone...

defenestrator 09-07-2012 10:42 PM

My calf injury seems to finally be healed. I was able to do a sprint workout last Sunday without it flaring up and I think that's a sign that everything is ok.

KylieH 09-08-2012 11:42 PM

You guys are an inspiration! I just signed up for a 5K in November. I haven't done any serious running, so I connected with a trainer. So my accomplishment today was 1 mile in 13:40. Hahaha

devadiva 09-10-2012 11:47 AM

Ran the new 10K route with the 700 ft gain on the first part. Hubby and I went on a fast hike 5 1/2 miles in pretty pumicey soil {like walking in sand}. It was our 36 th annivsary. Started back my strenth training class last week YEAH! Water areobics was OK BUT los talot of mucsle tone and stamina BRING IT ON!
Glad to see the newcomers.!!!!
just got the notice for an upcoming 5 and 10K on OCT. 20 th. It is the race that started me running last year....so it will be my annivesary run I'll do the 10K....last year I walk and ran the 5k slowly!!!

lm3898 09-10-2012 02:19 PM

Cherry - how was your race??

Nice incline on your 10k route deva! Happy anniversary!

Hope you're on the mend deva.

Welcome all runners new to the blog!

I had a long training run for my half on Thursday - I was so tired & decided to just do the run and look at the time after so I didn't get too focused on it. It was pretty good actually - 9 miles in 9:31/mile pace. I was happy with it.

Yesterday I did the Super Spartan NJ race - by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life...it covered 11 miles and over 3000 ft elevation. I wont get into it too much but to sum up - the hills/mountains were INSANE - add in cargo nets, 8 ft walls, 25 ft cliff jumps, and 100 ft barb wire rock crawl...I am hurting today in places I didn't know existed BUT I'm SO happy & proud of myself. I never thought I would get to such a good place. The avg was 4 hrs, 30 min and I beat that by 1 hour likely b/c my team partner & I ran every time it wasn't a pure uphill unlike most others. Wahoo!!!

devadiva 09-10-2012 02:47 PM

IM Wow that's incredible you should be walking proud! that's quite a feat!
Cherry I read on your blog about your run great job!! You also should be walking proud! I also love reading your blog!
And yes I am getting better off the antibiotics now....but they have switched my hormones ect which is screwing with my migraines and my weight But dealing....

CherryPie99 09-10-2012 05:38 PM

Hi guys!

lm, your race sounds INSANE! You totally ROCK for conquering it - I am so impressed!

I actually gave my race it's own thread - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...ce-report.html

The cliff notes are that it was a crappy day, the course was short by .3 miles, BUT I took first place female!!

Diva - hope things keep looking up - it's always something, isn't it?

Jen

krampus 09-11-2012 11:41 AM

I ran 3.3 miles in 28:05 yesterday outside on the bike path. Getting faster! My running goal currently is 5K in 25 minutes.

devadiva 09-12-2012 12:00 PM

Found another route of 10k plus near the other one old dirt roads up the alliuval fan towards the mts. it was a mile flat to get there then ran 2.4 uptill I kinda ran out of gas {forgot my water and cell phone and when i say I was out there I MEAN IT no one would find me for months if I got a snakebite except for the vultures!} So turned around and ran back from up there you can see for miles!!!!Garmin said 762 gain and 6.8 miles miles not fast but I feel strong!

binge n yoyo 09-13-2012 05:47 PM

Newbie...

Hello to everyone,
is it alright to just jump in here?

I'm very new to running. After a scarily long time without any sports apart from carrying my lazy two-year-old around (and running after her when she's not that lazy) I decided to hit the gym again. Mainly elliptical and stationary bike. But since they closed the gym for two weeks due to maintenance, I needed an alternative and decided to actually use my running shoes for what they are meant for. I had tried out the treadmill in the gym and did 5k on two occasions, one of them in less than 30min. But the first steps outside were an epiphany! I'm surprised how much I love running and have to hold myself back... my knees have been an issue in the past.

I've run 10k in 64min, and a couple 6ks around 35minutes.

Last time I took part in some kind of a race I was a child. But now a friend and I signed up for an event in december (8.6k). So exciting! My goal is to stay under 50min. 45 would be great. Fortunately it is three months away.

Because running makes me so happy I splurged massively and bought myself a garmin forerunner 210 and some nice running tights.:dizzy:

And im: What an insane race! Veryvery impressive!

lm3898 09-14-2012 09:55 AM

Welcome binge! Congrats on signing up for your race & good luck!!! Please keep us updated with your progress!

After Sunday's race I have a new found respect for my body - as in, thanks for not failing me LOL - apparently only 1/3 finished the race so I'm thrilled. I couldn't move much Monday but I worked out easy Tues/Wed and did a long training run [9 miles] last night as I have my HALF marathon two weeks from tomorrow [getting SO nervous!!] Did 9 miles in 9:11/mile pace which I'm happy with but it was a struggle as my legs have not yet 100% recovered - next year I'm going to space my long races out a bit more. Excited for the Central Park women's fitness games tomorrow - 4 mile run & lots of fun classes - I'm going to take it easy though.

Cherry that is just amazing w/ your race! I read your blog and I couldn't believe it - FIRST place!!! Congratulations!!!

Deva - your routes seem so cool but I would start getting nervous w/out a cell or anything - I just bought some type of armband mace style stuff for runners just in case as it's getting dark earlier already & some areas I find can get dicey w/out even knowing it.

Good luck all w/your runs!