Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #1  
Wandering in the Woods

Default I Love Standing !

I have discovered a new thing in my fitness life. It has always been there, yet it never ever occurred to me, as I am an all or nothing (sit for hours and knit, or get up and go for a big hike)... but standing is in itself, I am finding, a core-strengthening exercise ! Yes, standing is also a gentle low-impact, low-stress, no-cost, no-time allotment... in fact, of which doesn't get in the way of much at all (except adjusting the height of laptop etc, to counter height with books, etc.. lol). I know there is a product called a standing desk, but I like to improvise.

In fact, standing more in the last couple of weeks, I know that my muscles have had to get use to this. Sitting is now for early morning and after dinner... but in the day, I am trying to stand more, and sit for 'time-out' breaks. I think it's going to really change things in the long run.

Any of you up for standing?

Last edited by Hermit Girl; 08-30-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I've been trying to convince my work to get me a standing desk. I have lower lumbar pain (caused by some wee little baby who tries to run away from me) and standing (and running, etc) is the only thing that makes it feel better.

They're very slow to respond but I know about office on campus that has those treadmill desks! You don't walk more than 2mph but how cool is that?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #3  
Wandering in the Woods

Jessica, that is a very cool idea indeed ! Can you make your home a standing-friendly environment?
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I stand at home when I'm not crawling on the floor with the babe or walking around. Sitting around really isn't an option in our house!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote