Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #1  

Unhappy Been working out for 5+ months and no change in arms

I know you can't spot reduce, but I only have a problem with one area of my body.
My arms seem so disgusting to me, they've completely ruined my self esteem and make me feel worthless. I feel so pathetic that one body part ruins me but alas that is how it is.

I have been lifting weights & doing cardio (zumba,walking,biking) for about 5 months. My workouts vary, but I do them at least every second day, sometimes everyday.

There has been no change in my arms, I can tell there is muscle; they do look more toned but there is still all this fat on the under bit, summer is approaching in the southern hemisphere and if nothing changes it will be awful.

Any tips for arms? I am a teenager by the way.
zoezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #2  

If it helps, my bmi is healthy, as is my waist/hip ratio and I eat healthily.
zoezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Have you been increasing how much you lift? Maybe you are not lifting enough. Sorry I am not much help, good luck!
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #4  

Default Your Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoezilla View Post
I know you can't spot reduce, but I only have a problem with one area of my body.
My arms seem so disgusting to me, they've completely ruined my self esteem and make me feel worthless. I feel so pathetic that one body part ruins me but alas that is how it is.

I have been lifting weights & doing cardio (zumba,walking,biking) for about 5 months. My workouts vary, but I do them at least every second day, sometimes everyday.

There has been no change in my arms, I can tell there is muscle; they do look more toned but there is still all this fat on the under bit, summer is approaching in the southern hemisphere and if nothing changes it will be awful.

Any tips for arms? I am a teenager by the way.
This is normal first of all. we all have some body part that's hard to develop.
The first thing You should do, is to stretch the arms by standing along the side of a wall sideways, have your arms at the side, palm facing the front of you, then slowly lift the arms reversing the hand. You need to do ten reps this way before lifting, both arms then at the end of your routine do the same exercise, holding the position for 60 seconds.
jennings1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #5  
Warrior Princess

I too was very unhappy with my upper arms, now they are half the size. I used 5p hand weights and swear by 30 Day Shred DVD. It's hard but worth it.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote