Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #31  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Did 7.3 miles this am little over 10 min miles. I know it sounds slow but I think its OK its on dirt and I am 60 so I will be happy! I am able to run and do it in the heat. I know it sounds like I am not happy i keep ssing all of your times some are much heavier and I think WOW I am such a wimp!!! But NO you are just SUPERSTARS!!!!
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Hi fellow runners!!

Sorry that I've been MIA! We went camping over the weekend and climbed Cascade and Porter Mountains - 2 high peaks of the Adirondacks. It was awesome.

I was a little sore in my calves from coming down the mountain - had to really watch my steps. So I went out to run yesterday - thought they might bother me, but ran 6 easily. Then I sat down for an hour and almost fell over when I went to stand up LOL.

Sounds like everyone is rocking it. It's already only getting into the 70's here - I hate it.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #33  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Deva - 7.3 miles at ANY age is incredibly impressive - don't sell yourself short - you are faster than people I know half your age!

Haha Cherry - I will say I'm sorry for you b/c I know you like the hot temps but I cannot wait for FALL...but for your sake, I hope it's hotter where you are. Good work hiking! I love a good hike.

Completed a 9 mile training run last night in 1hr, 21 min [9 min/mile]. This is officially the longest I have ever run and it was NOT easy - I def. didn't drink enough water and was DYING after my run. It made me wonder why the H I ever signed up for this half marathon!!! I'll get there though - I have about 6 weeks left of training.

Also - I have an issue [right foot only] - my middle toes & the padding right under gets really painful after 4-5 miles - I have to stop and massage it for a minute [toes almost feels numb during massaging] then the pain goes away for a few miles & comes back and cycle repeats...any ideas?
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:25 AM   #34  
Training for life!

IM : I can't remember the name maybe a mortons neuroma{?} It a nerve that gets pinched they make these pads that you place in that area and it relieves pressure in that area. It gets aggravated and is really painful .. {I am a waitress think I have had EVERY foot thing there is!} Google it I think it will fit you symptons and give you some ideas for help.

As for me ran 8.1 today. Took me about the same as your 9 plus a couple min. seem to be 10;20 miles but not bad to keep it at that the whole time.
I kinda secretly thinking I will work up to a 1/2 in the SPRING just want to take it easy.NO INJURY

Last edited by devadiva; 08-18-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #35  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Went on a run on a newer route for me and completely fell off a curb. I had one of those toddler moments when they fall and you look, expecting them to cry, but they just calmly get back up and keep going..and that's exactly what I did, with a slightly red face after someone asked if I was okay.
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #36  
WC

On vacation for the weekend but took it easy last night and made it out for a great 4 mile run this morning! Average of 8:40/mile. Now back to vacation....

Thanks Deva I'll look into that!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 271/219/145

Height: 5'9"

I've been struggling with my calf injury for the past few weeks. I thought it was mostly better, but I went on vacation and made it mad skimboarding and then made it really mad playing tennis with my kids (thought I could just take it easy, but turns out I couldn't help running after the ball). I took a full four days off from running and no more pain, but I can still feel myself guarding it -- I'm almost running on the outside of my foot or with a stiff foot or something.

I'm a little worried that I'm bumping up against the edge of my physical abilities by preparing for a half in October. I don't want to get injured and not be able to run at all, but I know I need to push myself if I'm going to make it. It is a delicate balance. I'm used to being a swimmer where we would get tendonitis every once in a while but otherwise didn't get these kind of stress injuries.

Also struggling a little with the idea that my weight loss is slowing as my training ramps up. I don't know if I'm adding more muscle or if I am retaining more water, but I've hit a plateau. I figure I can just let it be what it is until the race is done, then refocus.
defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #38  
Training for life!

Ran 4 miles this am good time for me... Getting ready to take a trip to see grankiddies in WA state on Tues pm until the following Mon won't be running unless on pavement and {I don't do pavement} If I see somewhere near there place I can get a few miles in a track or something I am taking gear!
So lots of cleaning ect for hubby and dog I am flying up alone.
DEFENSTRATOR: if you can afford it try getting a deep tissue massage on you hips and legs, my running friend has had trouble with that, and some of the reading I have done its all tied to the IT band {yes the calves} but if you can get the massage it will work the knots out and settle it down. Then if you get a {hard} foam rollar and roll the IT band and the calves and keep them looser you should not have to slow your training {ask around to find a good sport deep tissue massage therapist.....it will really make a difference...THAT is what straighten out that problem with my ankles...feet. Also did you visit that area of Calif when you were thinking of moving there? I live on the east side of the sierras. But I grew up in Tahoe and my x husband lives in that area now have not seen him in almost 40 years! WOW where does time go!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #39  
Training for life!

Did 4 miles this morning, felt a bit tired but it was almost 80 this am at 6:30.
Gear is packed with everything else my son tells me mornings are foggy maybe I will find a place to run!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #40  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

A couple 5K runs in the past week under 30 minutes - woo!

Other than that I've been running on the treadmill most days between 1-2 miles' distance, practicing sprints. Being a nonsmoker is great from a running perspective - and every other perspective too!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #41  
WC

Great workout last night! Did just under 15 miles of biking, then ran 3 miles straight from biking. My legs were protesting but I was so warmed up, I ran the 3 miles faster than usual - total of 23.5 minutes! I'll take it!!

How is everybody doing??
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #42  
Training for life!

On my vacation ran in cool weather yeah, had to run in the neighborhoods so kept it to 30 min. Was not sure if I would get shin splints but all seems Ok today....If time allows will try to run again!
Where is everyone!!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #43  
WC

Nice work Deva! I can only run in the neighborhood where I live.

Good job Krampus - and I'm seeing on your personal signature - did you finally kick the nicotine habit for good??? I'm going to be FIVE MONTHS quitting strong on Monday - went to a foot doc Wed. and that was the first time in 10 years I was able to check the NO box for smoking - I almost cried haha.

Ran 8 miles last night - was getting sick of my route so did a different one & loved it. Definitely helped that it was such a nice night with a breeze.

I went to a podiatrist regarding my foot on Wednesday. He did an x-ray & said all looked great [nothing broken or sprained] & I likely had inner swelling or whatnot. He gave me a cortisone shot & a foot pad. He said if the pad helps, we might do a custom orthodic. I used the pad last night and my earlier problems vanished [awesome!!] but it gave me a huge blister on the bottom of my foot[booo] so that curtailed my run. Would have liked to have hit 10 but [blister aside] I felt GREAT after 8 miles so I'll take it [overall 9:19/mile].

Let's get some updates runners!!

Last edited by lm3898; 08-24-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #44  
Training for life!

Ran for about 45 min found a nice route a little out in the country but the there was no shoulder and traffic started picking up. Did not have shin splints. yet yeah!
Old 08-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #45  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

That's awesome Deva!

I am up to running 0.6 miles. I was able to do that this week. Progress is slow but I am getting there and WILL reach my goal of being able to run a mile!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote