Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Default Yoga DVD

Hi guys!

Do any of you have a suggestion for a good yoga DVD? I really like the P90X YogaX DVD, but at 1 1/2 hours it's really too long.

I've looked at some online and the sheer number of choices is overwheming! I'm looking for something fairly active and challenging, like the p90X, but I am still new to yoga, so no advanced poses.

Thanks!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I've only been doing yoga since January, but I love it.

Namaste Yoga (the old FitTV show) is my relaxing favorite. There's 12-13 22-minute episodes in each season, and the last 2 or 3 are pretty challenging. I can do it in the evening and hop right in bed.

For a bigger challenge, I like The Biggest Loser yoga DVD. I'm still working on the level 1, which is 30 minutes total. I'm sweaty and trembly-armed when I'm done, though not as bad as when I started it in February. There's quite a bit of holding plank in the middle.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

I love Rodney Yee I have his Yoga Burn video, and it's quite challenging... Just do the poses as best you can and you'll improve with time...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Thanks to both of you! I can rent both of those with my blockbuster subscription so I'll try them both out!!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Seane Corn has a new and an older DVD set that may fit the bill and Blockbuster may have one or both. I like her and Bryan Kest has some, but like his original three set the last 2 might be too advanced. They clock in around 45-60 minutes I think? Right now I'm loving Travis Eliot's stuff (Ultimate Yogi) but his $$$ and not everyone likes his style. Baron Baptiste I don't click with really, but he has a lot of athletic-based power/vinyasa stuff on the market and some should be available via Blockbuster too.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote