Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #1  
Rye
Bread

Height: 5'7

Default Returning after injury?

So I started working out about a little over a month ago and I was doing really well! Same time every day followed by a protein shake. I was so proud of myself! I felt like I was really going to do it this time! I could even feel a change in myself (having a taste for healthier foods and such).
About 5 days ago I injured my toe. It had swollen up 3 times the size it was before and turned purple! I thought I had broken it, I couldnt walk, stand, move, or even touch it! Slowly its been getting better (I can walk but its still a little sore). But for the past 5 days ive just been eating constantly and craving bad foods (though luckily most of them havnt been in the house for me to eat).

Im so scared that I am relapsing! I wanted to workout today but I talked myself out of it, using my toe as an excuse!

Have any of you gone through something like this? How'd you refine your motivation?
Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I definitely don't count on motivation to get me into the gym. I just show up, and tell myself if I do 30 minutes on some sort of machine I can leave. Of course I hate cardio so I usually end up doing what I came for- to lift weights. And then I am glad I came and can go home feeling better about myself and closer to my goal. Sometimes it's like the old saying "just do it." You just gotta do it. Because if you don't, you will be sorry you didn't. And the only person who is in control of this is you!!!! Now get going!!!!! Toe be or not toe be- that is the question....
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #3  
Trying.....

S/C/G: 248/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye View Post
So I started working out about a little over a month ago and I was doing really well!

About 5 days ago I injured my toe.

Im so scared that I am relapsing! I wanted to workout today but I talked myself out of it, using my toe as an excuse!

Have any of you gone through something like this? How'd you refine your motivation?
Rye I too have experienced this problem. I have had 4 surgeries on my feet and a couple of procedures on my back and it is always hard for me to go back. I just make myself go and once I get there I am ok. I know that going back after an injury can also make you nervous. Just take it slow. Don't expect to start back right where you left off. Build back up to it and in no time you will be back into your routine.
brvsfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote