Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-28-2012, 02:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5''

Default Taking Zumba and Hot Yoga on the same day?

Would it be overkill if I took a zumba class and a hot yoga class on the same day? There's a 6pm zumba class, which last 1 hour. Then at 8pm, there is a hot yoga class, which is 90 minutes long.

My thought is I get off from work by 5pm, go to zumba class at 6pm, finish there and get a light meal and then take hot yoga from 8pm to 9:30pm.

What do you think? I need to lose weight per my doctor's request. I want to lose at least 35 pounds by the end of this year....the sooner the better, but at a healty rate (i.e. 1 to 2 pounds per week).

Do you think this fitness schedule is an overkill?
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #2  
Trying.....

S/C/G: 248/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

I don't know if you have ever taken hot yoga before but it is intense (105 degreees, 40% humidity). Last time I did it I burned 903 calories over the hour and a half time period. I would not be able to get through class if I did Zumba or other exercise before hand. However there was a woman in there who did 2 hot yoga classes back to back. It can be done but if you and your body are not ready for it, it may do more harm then good.
brvsfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5''

I've taking hot yoga class before (about 1.5 months ago when I received a free 1 month hot yoga certificate). I'm not sure I burn that many calories in hot yoga. I did sleep better and feel better that month that I did hot yoga, but I really don't think I burned 500 to 900 calories per session.

I'll give it a try and see what happens.
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #4  
Trying.....

S/C/G: 248/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Get a heart rate monitor/calorie counter then you will know exactly what you burn. You may be burning more than you think. I have a Polar FT40 and love it!
brvsfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Go for it!! I often exercise twice/day, Group power class which is a very intense weight training class then a run a couple of hours later.... the first couple of times I was really tired that night, slept like a baby , but after a few times I was fine.... I often reverse it run earlier then do the class, which is much easier... I would think that doing the Yoga class after your Zumba would be very relaxing

Let us know how it goes...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Any idea how many calories you burn in 1 hour Zumba class?
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote