Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #121  
Just watch me ...

Happy Saturday

Warrior Princess, sodium must be defeated. ugh.

I checked in with the scale this morning and am up a couple - it is not fat, it's water, I know, but I'm annoyed. There's so much sodium in outside food that even if I exercise restraint with portions the sodium is still an issue. Even ordering 'no salt', sodium is an issue because most things have either been marinated before cooked, or half-way prepared already. I know what must be done . Plus, do you think the little bit of pain-inducing exercise I've done this week has gotten my muscles on-board with the water retention thing?

Anyway, OK, new week. Off to exercise.
Have a good day and stay cool

Addition: Got through 9 miles on the bike.
This will be shower #3 !

Last edited by Exhale15; 07-07-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #122  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
Plus, do you think the little bit of pain-inducing exercise I've done this week has gotten my muscles on-board with the water retention thing?

Anyway, OK, new week. Off to exercise.
Have a good day and stay cool

Addition: Got through 9 miles on the bike.
This will be shower #3 !
Go Exhale!!

Stay away from the scale for a while, you'll probably gain a few at first but remember it's not fat. My scale jumped up 4 pounds when I first started Jillian and my face went pale.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #123  
Just watch me ...

LOL thanks Gabi
Old 07-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #124  

gabi, I can only imagine that...lol

exhale, remember I am also known as gadget girl...lol. I have the Firm's Transfirmer and also the Club Step (the one that bunneh linked). The club step is the one that's used the most. I've had it for about 6 years now. I wish I could find a good home for the Transfirmer. Umm, I did not end up doing the workout. I passed out on the couch and went to bed for a nap. I woke up at 1:30am! I was even surprised by that! Good going on the bike ride...You rock!!

Ok so playing around on youtube made me search for a step video that Cher created years ago. I had the vhs and that workout was never put on dvd. I found it on youtube, downloaded it and burned it to dvd. My company is gone and I will be doing that workout tomorrow.

I finally got around to cleaning my new ninja blender so I will be testing it out tomorrow for sure. I cut the tip of my middle finger today and that is a super irritating place for a cut. I'm literally touch typing right now.

Have a great evening everyone!
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #125  
Just watch me ...

Good morning all

Warrior Princes and Gadget Girl...sounds like a kids Saturday special LoveIt.

I met with a friend yesterday after the gym and we went to the Roosevelt Field mall and walked (shopped) and had dinner. Put in a little over 6,000 steps on the pedometer ! I slept like a rock last night. And feeling good.

My goal for today is to get on the bike again, and do some upper body work with free weights.

I'm interested in that stepper....maybe to have to do a bit in the evenings....also, I think it would be good for my coordination, 'cause i'm scared of falling off

Stay cool and happy
Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #126  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Philly You mean you want to get rid of your Transfirmer? Or do you mean the right place for it in your house? I've wanted one of those for a while. I checked out one of the dvds from the library and the workout looked like a lot of fun, but not the same without the right step. (I did some weird improvising... but, uh, it didn't really work the same.)

Last edited by TheBunneh; 07-08-2012 at 10:42 AM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #127  
Just watch me ...

Hi Bunneh, I ordered the Step today I think it will be good for my coordination, and I can use it as a bench for weight work. Thanks so much for the link

I went out for breakfast, intending to head out to the gym afterward, but was feeling fatigued - not lazy, but drained. So I'm taking today as a rest day.

I also realized that I'm not really enjoying bagels that much anymore; I don't think they do much for me, other than fulfill a habit...

Last edited by Exhale15; 07-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #128  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
Warrior Princes and Gadget Girl...sounds like a kids Saturday special Love It.
Yeah, it does.

Well it's Sunday Funday...you know what that means...The start of a new week with Jill. God help me.

Be back tonight to check in.

Last edited by novangel; 07-08-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #129  

Good Morning All!

And I'm actually up before noon...yay!! I think I slept too long though cause my back is stiff.

Bunneh, I want to get rid of it. I've not used it in over 2 years. I had it for sale on amazon, but ended up taking it down cause I didn't have a box and its big. It probably would cost me too much to ship. I always give away stuff and wish you were closer.

Gabi, at least its supposed to be a bit cooler. I welcome any weather at this point lower than 90 degrees.

Exhale, there was a little learning curve, but get a workout that doesn't have too much complicated choreography. Lucky you I know of such workouts To the tube....
Gilad Step n Tone You can't go wrong with any of Gilad's workouts. He is from hawaii and the workouts are always on the beach.
Fun Fitness: Basic Step

I want to add that you can certainly do these workouts without the step to get familiar with the movements and you will see the difference when you do them on your step.

when you want to kick up the intensity
Step Reebok
Jenny Ford

If you go to the library check out Cathe Friedrich Basic Step/Body Fusion...this is my all time fav step workout.

I wanted to find that Cher workout for you, but I remembered that I downloaded it and didn't find it on youtube.

Ok, I think my body is warm now...onto the step! BBl!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 07-08-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #130  
Just watch me ...

Hey Philly, thanks
Old 07-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #131  

OMG....I lOVE THAT WORKOUT!! I think it was before its time and it is such a fabulous workout. If you still have a vhs player I highly suggest it. Along with a step workout, there's a ab workout (which is on youtube) and hip, butt and thigh workout. If you can get past Cher's idea of workout gear its a great workout.

I need nourishment now!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 07-08-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #132  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Philly - Yeah, it's too bad. I'd definitely take it off your hands.

I ended up going hiking for a few hours today. I'm exhausted now, but it was a lot of fun. I just looove the mountains here.

TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #133  
Warrior Princess

Great pics, Bunneh! I've never been west, beautiful out your way.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #134  
Just watch me ...

Bunneh, How Beautiful ! Looks like a gorgeous day out. And you look great
Old 07-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #135  

Such beautiful scenery! You look great and peaceful there.