Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #76  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs down

Good thing I decided to walk yesterday, I'm not sure if I can work out tonight. I have no power and no idea when it will be back on. An insane storm (wind speeds of 100mph in some areas) came through here around 12:20pm and here I sit. :/ It's also almost back up to 90 degrees. Ugh, I really hope ComEd can get this fixed before bedtime. I'll also have to keep going to my car to charge my cell.

Be back later.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #77  
Just watch me ...

Hey McMurphy, welcome back.
Gabi, you have my sympathies !!
Philly, hope you're getting some rest
Eskie, you got it done today

Today I lost points for sleep and exercise. Just too tired and too hot. Got some things done around the house and that was it. On an excellent note, I had no fried food and no fatty sweets, although with lack of sleep I was craving both in a big way. I had lots of water, iced tea and iced coffee and am finding that when I'm wanting 'something' I've been getting away with iced coffee to which I add a bit of unsweetened Hershey's powder. So that's really good!

Given my low tolerance for this weather, I'm heading for the gym MWF and that's what I promise for this week.

The only good thing is more heat = more fluids and less foods.

See ya tomorrow with a good report to share
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #78  

McMurphy, I'm glad to see you are back! I hope you had a great time. I wouldn't worry about getting off track. Relaxing with your family counts more.

Gabi, OH MY GOODNESS!! A power outage is what I fear during this heat wave. I hope the power gets restored soon.

Exhale, It was not a good point day for me either. I passed out on the couch with my laptop on my lap. My mom was talking to me before she realized I was asleep. She removed my laptop for me and then I laid down and was asleep for a couple of hours.

Eskie, That was quite a workout in this weather. Kudos!

It's 9pm and I'm watching the gymnastics olympic trials. I love gymnastics!
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #79  
Just watch me ...

Philly, the weather is so miserable....I've been trying to keep off my laptop because it is so hot - on my lap -and I'm too lazy to put the laptop on my desk...

but... I was just going through the Roku Box channels....I cannot believe the variety of what's available...esp. for exercise/fitness... GymBox & Pilates channels are great ! I know I keep going back and forth, but why do I need a gym? I don't even have to buy/try any more dvds...it's all on Roku...

Last edited by Exhale15; 07-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
Philly, I was just going through the Roku Box channels....I cannot believe the variety of what's available...esp. for exercise/fitness... GymBox & Pilates channels are great ! I know I keep going back and forth, but why do I need a gym? I don't even have to buy/try any more dvds...it's all on Roku...
LOL and its even better if you add stuff to your favorites in Youtube. I play with the idea of the gym, but I have so much stuff here and really can't justify the cost. I try to look at it as a social outing, but again the cost. LOL...I think that's why I talk everyone's ears off on here...lol
Old 07-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #81  

Exhale, I use a Belkin Laptop desk and LOVE it! It's all cushioned and that inner part I've stored papers/notpad in it. I got mine from Target for $20. It's a little cheaper now at $18. It works for 15" and 17" if you flip it over. Best money I've spent on an accessory.

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 07-01-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #82  

Happy Monday!

Good Morning All! It's almost 5:30am and I'm trying to wake up. Even though I'm up I just can't roll out of bed and workout, so I'm drinking some water and trying to wake up. I'm not a morning person at all, but this is me sucking it up to get my workout in today. I will get my FULL point count today. Game On!!

EDIT--My workout is done!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by PhillyGirl2012; 07-02-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: add
Old 07-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 130/117.4/100

Height: 4' 10.5"

24 minute Tone & Burn with Robert done. Now to get ready for work.

My points from yesterday: 18 Didn't get my fruit 'cause I saved one serving for a late snack then forgot to eat it!

Philly--great job. I hate getting up really early to exercise, but I know if I wait I will not do it in the evening when I get home from work.

Later,

Eskielover
Eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Hi Phylli
I do not get 8 hours sleep, otherwise I eat all healthy cook from scratch.
Drink almost 7to 8 glasses of water. Exercise 5 days a week.
Any suggestion for good night sleep?
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneri View Post
Hi Phylli
I do not get 8 hours sleep, otherwise I eat all healthy cook from scratch.
Drink almost 7to 8 glasses of water. Exercise 5 days a week.
Any suggestion for good night sleep?
Hi Puneri and welcome to the thread! Regarding sleep, some reasons could be stress or maybe exercise too close to bed time? Maybe the other members can chime in their thoughts.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskielover View Post
24 minute Tone & Burn with Robert done. Now to get ready for work.

My points from yesterday: 18 Didn't get my fruit 'cause I saved one serving for a late snack then forgot to eat it!

Philly--great job. I hate getting up really early to exercise, but I know if I wait I will not do it in the evening when I get home from work.

Later,

Eskielover
LOL@saving the fruit and then forgetting it. The heat is very draining and I only got in 1 day of exercise last week. I could use that excuse for the rest of the summer or I could find a solution. As Jill says in Body Revolution "whatever you gotta do to get healthy". The cool thing is I was thinking of what to do with my guilt free time tonight...lol
Old 07-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #87  
Just watch me ...

"whatever you gotta do to get healthy"

So far, it's chicken breast and diced tomatoes in the slow cooker. Even though it's not as hot as yesterday - and I slept pretty well after pulling the bed by the window to be closer to the AC - I'm feeling drained. Determined to get my exercise in. Now it's the principle of the thing and not even the thing itself. I listened to a youtube lecture given by an endo doctor on the dangers of sugar. The biochemistry was painful to sit through, but the 2 things I got from it are (1) eat only sugar in its natural form, i.e. fruit (and veggies); and (2) the benefit of exercise is not in the calories burned, but in the muscle- and metabolism building that results. That's really where the benefit is.

So I guess NIKE - and Gabi - are right - Just Do It.!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #88  

Exhale, we just have to break this cycle and keep moving forward instead of backsliding again. I'm trying to keep it in my head the number of times I've done a restart and how it takes me back to square one with both my nutrition and my fitness process. Enough already! is what I tell myself.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #89  
Just watch me ...

Philly, you are right. I am so much happier when I'm exercising it's incredible. I really want something to show for this month - no more backsliding

On an excellent note...Today I signed up for a trial subscription to the Pilates Anytime channel on Roku. They have some really great instructors, and I'm so happy to have found this. Thank you for the suggestion !

puneri - do you drink coffee or tea in the afternoon? Sometimes that will keep me awake at night.

Last edited by Exhale15; 07-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #90  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

Hola!

ComEd came through @ around 3:30am...What a miserable night that was and I had to get up for work with a packed schedule. I really feel for those that are still without power, it is insanely hot outside. I can fully admit that I would've never survived the 1800's or even 4 hours stranded on an island. Game over.

Granted yesterday's stoms were brutal, and I mean BRUTAL but this building (entire block) is worthless. A sparrow breaks wind outside and the power goes out. So sick of it. In my next life I will only live in areas where the electric is underground this way when an F5 rips the roof off at least I can still watch Investigation Discovery channel. I was having serious withdrawl.

Anyways...back to Jillian.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote