Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default May Running! Spring into action!

Good morning ladies, so I am really hopeful that we can keep the momentum going, the participation last month was amazing!!!! That's why I do this thread Everyone is doing so fantastic! I love it!

So this is our monthly running thread where we share all there is to share about our love, and sometime hate, of running So spring into action this month and run! Don't care what kind of runner you are, if you run you're a runner! Distance, pace, none of that matters!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

So I managed to get my 20 in on Sunday, the heat wasn't a problem, my body had no issues, but me head and my heart were not into it. Starting to burn out a little I think, but I'm recognizing it adapting a bit to get myself to the start line in June in one piece.

6 miles this morning. I skipped the "scheduled" workout and just ran. It was nice. Ignored my watch and just did the work.

I'm running my first 5K this weekend. I'm excited, but nervous...because I have a pretty serious time goal...which is dumb considering I did 20 last weekend, my milage is high for me this week and it will be a trail run...I'm not much of a trail runner...so we'll see how that goes

Hope everyone is having a great week!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Well so much for beautiful weather this week! If it was warm light rain I would consider going out anyway, but got thunderstorms instead.

So indoor workout for me!
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

2.5 miles yesterday. Threw up in my mouth at the start, but ended up pushing through with NO WALK BREAKS. Made the first mile in 8 minutes!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #5  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I completed my 1st 1/2 Mary on Saturday, which was nothing shy of AMAZING! After 10 yrs, back injury (subluxation plus a 320 + lb patient falling on me, exacerbating the injury), not being able to run for almost 3 yrs, re-injury to the same area 2 yrs ago training for a 1/2, toenail surgery a week and a half before this race……sheesh, I'm surprised I made it to the finish line!!!

However, I DID make it!

I love Nashville, TN for many reasons, but one of the lovely ones is that it is loaded with a beautiful landscape and gorgeous rolling hills…LOTS of them! Great for a Sunday afternoon drive…TORTUROUS for a Saturday morning run!!!

I was projected to finish at 03:30 and was just hysterical when I crossed the finish line and my final time read 02:45!

I think I am still "high" from the adrenaline & it's Wednesday!

So, my questions to all of you advanced runners is this....How long do I recover before I
1.) Pick my weights back up?
2.) Run a mile or 2?
3.) Schedule my next 1/2?

I'm planing to focus on Body Recomp over the summer--basically weight training and no more than 8 miles/week of running in an attempt to have a major disappearance of fat by August. I know I can maintain my weight with running, but I need it to look differently...precisely, more muscular!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #6  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies! I'd like to join this thread for May! My 1st May run will be tonight - I'm hoping to get 5 miles in under 40 min again [last done on Sat] - I have a 5 mile race on Mother's Day I'm prepping for so here's hoping!

LC - 28 yrs.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/174/150

Height: 5'9"

K90wner- don't have the answes to your questions but wanted to say congrats! That's awesome!

Krampus- you are one fast Chica! WTG!!!

I didn't run yesterday because Im starting insanity and had the fit test. I figured I'll just go back and forth. It'll take me prob twice as long to finish but that way I don't lose my endurance I've built up and need for the longer runs I plan on doing in the fall. Going for about a 3 mile run this evening if everything goes according to plan! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.
beachlover86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

2 miles yesterday alternating walk/run @ 3.5mph and 6.3mph (1 min on, 1 min off) for 30 minutes.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #9  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

k9 owner: wondering where you had been TRAINING! CONGRATS!!!
ncuneo: You will do great on the trail run and will most likly really enjoy it,I do all my running on dirt or trail much easier than road on the joints {though I hear the times are slower I wouldn't know since its all I do}
Everyone else great job on your runs;

As for me woke with a mirgraine today but took an Imitrex waited an hour and then ran a 5 miler not my fastest but felt good to get out been working a few extra days {BOO HOO} and its cutting into my running scedule! But day off today chores and running today.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #10  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

ncuneo : thanx for starting the thread again and personnaly, I looove trail running! A little part of my long run lately was on a trail and it was always my favorite part of the run. The difference between concrete and the dirt road really helps the knees too!

drake : better indoor than nothing!

krampus : you litteraly threw up? or it's a figure of speech? (this is one of the time my french understanding of this make me say WOAAAH lol) if the threw up thing is real, god you're a warrior!

k9owner : WOW! that is awesome great time!!!

devadiva : running even with the migraine.. you go girl!

i finished my freaking.hills.training last night.

YAYYYYY!

after 4 weeks, I finished it last night with the 7 repetitions hills/8k. Meeeh. So boring. Going on the same streets seven freaking time. Plus some people we having a BBQ at a house right at the top of my hills section, it was smelling delish, I was there, climbing this thing, starving and sweating my life. ''Go run, they said. It will be fun, they said'' :P

Going again for a 8k tomorrow and a 14k this weekend... I need to map a route, I've never ran that far!

Have a great month of running, everyone!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

I spoke to soon, thunderstorms moved thru quickly & I was able to get a run in afterall!
Still working on my form, it's slow going. I noticed my lower back has been really sore lately & realized that I am leaning too far forward when I run.

Good luck on your running the next few days!

I won't be running...... I get to work doubles the next couple days.
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:18 AM   #12  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

nunceo: My first trail run was the 10K last Saturday, and I loved it! If that park were closer to my house (it's a good 50 minutes away) I would run there every weekend. I think you're going to have a blast, and GOOD LUCK on the race!!

krampus: WOOHOO on no walk breaks! And the 8 min mile!

K9: Congratulations on the half!! I would have cried too. I wish I had answers to your questions, but I'm sure someone here will!

lm3898: Man, that's fast! Someday I really hope I can do the same.

sacha: How does the running feel for you right now? How much running were you doing before?

Turbo: Congrats on finishing the hills!

I mapped out a strategy for training for the 5K in a few weeks, with a goal of improving my speed as much as I can between now and then. Monday night I did a 3 mile run at 5.5 mph for the first time and that felt tough but decent, and then tonight I did 3.5 miles with the first 75% at 5.5 mph and the last 25% at 6.0 mph. Slow for some but that's a really fast pace for me to sustain cardio-wise, and holy smokes was I dying the last few minutes! I am totally psyched that I just pushed through it and finished though, and I'm really hoping the speedwork is going to make a difference come race day. Friday night it will be 3 miles at 5.5 mph again, followed up by some walk/run sprints; Saturday will be an easy 5 mile run; and then Monday it's time to up the pace again.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello, I'm back again. I had a bit of a bad fortnight, including the death (from cancer) of a friend, funeral etc. So i was not here much.

BUT I am still running although my milage has gone down this fortnight, (I got sore knees as well)
Tomorrow morning I am going to run though, and again at the weekend and hopefully next week i will be back into it.

Opps, the boys are home, chat more later!
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:46 AM   #14  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

I am still around and running every other day. I bought a racing bike last month and I have gotten into biking to cross train and avoid overuse injuries. I signed up for my first duathlon this month. 2 miles running/15k biking/2 miles running. Should be fun. Everyone is doing great!
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 227/159/150

I've never posted in the monthly running thread but had a story I am sure others can relate to!
I started this journey at 227 lbs. At one point I've been much higher, but I don't exactly "count" it because I was pregnant.
I have never been athletic or done any sort of significant physical activity. I failed gym class in 8th grade because I dreaded it so much, I skipped half the time. No show = no credit.

Then last February I started running on the treadmill. At first, it was 10 second bouts of jogging slowly because that was all I could manage...but I've built it up over time. I ran my first 5k last June, another in November, and did a 7k this March. Now I am training for half marathon in June and another in September, and my speed - while still slow - is significantly improved. It's pretty much unbelievable. Literally, i know of people from high school who have found this out through mutual friends and said things like "What, are you kidding me?" "No WAY!" or "Are we talking about the same person?".

Anyhow I was out for a run at a busy local boardwalk. I was sweating and breathing fairly hard. I met a woman with a little boy, and he said to her "Mommy, what's that lady doing?". The woman replied "That's a runner, honey! Running is hard work!".

Somebody called me a runner!!!! I know I run, so I'm a runner, but it's pretty crazy to be referred to that way. Especially knowing the basics of my physical fitness history! I was all smiles for the rest of my run. I wish that woman could know just how much she made my day!
got2bhappy is offline   Reply With Quote