Can exercise cause an early period?

• I was wondering since the past week and half I have been doing some pretty good work outs and I am starting to get a pain in my lower left abdomen and it almost feels like I am ovulating. It seems a little too early for that, I was wondering can exercise cause my period to come earlier?
  • It -can-....in a way. When you exercise your hormonal balance changes. Insulin, glucagon, epinephrine (adrenaline), norepinephrine, growth hormone, and many other hormones ramp up during exercise. This can affect your normal hormonal cycle and cause the symptoms you're describing.

On the other hand, it could also be a pulled abdominal muscle, or an air pocket in your intestines.
  • Losing weight can mess around with your period. I don't know much about how it works, but I do know that our hormones change because of fat loss.

I've gone from having 5 day periods to 3 day periods for example. My cycle also got a little shorter and more regular.
  • For me, I had gotten the depo shot and I did not get my period for a year after I decided to stop getting the shot. I started to work out and a month later after I dropped 10 pounds there was mother nature...lol.

Mine have always been short periods, I was kind of happy to see her. I was wondering were she had been hiding haha