Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Default Did I burn out?

I had to actually stop my circuits workout this morning at only 12 minutes in, because I physically had no energy to do it. I tried to push through but I was getting the shakes, and I'm really annoyed at myself. The workout is one of my nice regular ones, so it's not even close to pushing myself normally. I'm thinking maybe I just needed more calories in me or something? I'm on a daily of around 1200-1300, but I'm small and only exercise mybe 30 minutes to an hour per day, and I'd had my breakfast a couple of hours before. Am I just having an off day?
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #2  
Just watch me ...

Hi Marchmallow, I'd say you're either having an off day, or maybe you're coming down with something and don't know it yet. Try taking off a day or two from the gym and have a couple of extra nutritious meals and see what happens on Thursday/Friday.

Congrats on your progress !
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #3  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

Did you sleep well the night before? Have you been stressed out about anything? Do you take vitamins? Did you change your caffeine intake? Sometimes, those factors contribute to feeling exhausted, as well. If nothing else has really changed, then, maybe you just need a couple of days of rest and extra protein. I agree with exhale that you might be coming down with something.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

I tried eating more today, like a 'cheat day', to see if I felt better, as I'd been tired even when not moving today. I'm not 100%, but I do feel better for having the extra food. I'm also probably pre-menstrual, and I found a few women asking similar problems when I googled it that were premenstrual. So I've just eaten when I wanted to for today, and seeing if I feel back and fighting fit tomorrow! Thanks for the help. I do hope I'm not coming down with something though, I have an exam soon!!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/159/150

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to bust in and say, it definitely could have been an "off" day, and those happen to everyone!! Just hang in there - some kick butt workouts will surely follow!
got2bhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

I always have a little bit of trouble with workout fatigue during TOM. Also make sure you rest each muscle group appropriately before using it again. Otherwise you don't get time to rebuild the muscle fibers. And get enough sleep, and enough protein, blah blah blah. But I think maybe the virus or the TOM theory probably fit best.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote