Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/215/135

Height: 5'5

Default 4 Hour a Day Work out Plan?

So I'm in the unique position this summer to be off from work for two months and not have to worry about income. I've lost 53lbs so far, but it's been almost two years now and I've had a couple of set backs. I seem to be getting stuck in the 220s and 219 range. I really just want to be under 200 lbs. I'm so close that I can taste it! Since I do have this time off coming I was planning to work out 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. I've looked all over the internet ,but the only thing that I can find is people saying "that's too much" or "you only need 45 minutes a day". That's all well and good and normally I work out that much, but I don't want to hear that crap right now. This is something that I won't get the opportunity to do again and I just want to work about 4 hours a day! Does anyone have a link to either a work out plan or to some planning tool online that I can use to get this done? I promise you I'm staying hydrated and eating the appropriate amount of calories a day, I just really want to do this for me!
Kiyoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #2  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

When I have 4 free hours for this sort of thing, I work out for 60-90 minutes (my usual weight-lifting time) and spend the rest of the time walking outside. Walking doesn't stress out my body, but I'm still staying active and enjoying myself.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #3  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

When I played competitive sports, we regularly worked out for Abbot 3 hours - but we did 2 a/day workouts- maybe try to google that - you split the workout into two periods of the day - a.m. and eve or whatever so we would run etc/cardio in the morning and then come back in the afternoon to do weight lifting. Good luck. It was a good way to break things up.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #4  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Good for you! I think 4hrs is really not that much if you have the time and take good care of yourself. I don't have links to a workout plan but I think you can easily make one yourself.

You have to pay attention to what kind of activity you do and how it matches with recovering those bodyparts the next day. You don't want to go running everyday or do some other high knee impact thing or you will get injured. If I had 4hrs a day to exercise gosh, that be so cool! I suggest you do stuff you like too, because else you might get mentally burned out really quickly.

Goodluck! Would love to read what you come up with eventually.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumire View Post
When I have 4 free hours for this sort of thing, I work out for 60-90 minutes (my usual weight-lifting time) and spend the rest of the time walking outside. Walking doesn't stress out my body, but I'm still staying active and enjoying myself.
^^^^

this. or some rendition of....... 4 hours straight of high intensity working out is going to be like running a marathon everyday.... you will QUICKLY adapt to the workouts and burn less cals, if you dont get injured first . But WALKING, or hiking, is a great way to get in those extra couple hours of movement after your higher intensity portion, and walkng burns a ton of calories..... a LOT of people lose most of their weight just walking... on top of that, i do hope you realize that fat loss is 99% diet........ even a 100%, imho.

But, good for you for wanting to be so active! im jealous you have the opportunity to do so

If you want to incorporate strength training into this time frame, then i suggest splits... either upper body/loer body or push/pull, or even chest and tris/bis and back/legs/shoulders and abs....... you dont want to do FULL BODY strength training if you wil be doing it everyday... that works better for people who can only devote 3 days a week to strength training.....
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I suggest walking or hiking as well. Dramatically increasing your exercise without building up to it can stress out your body. I'd recommend maybe a morning workout, a long afternoon walk and evening workout. Again, build up to it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

They do it on the biggest loser! I think that will be fine as long as you are not doing the same thing, repetitively for four hours. I used to do this when I had time. I would do one hour of intense cardio, then some strength training (different muscle groups each day), then zumba , then some walking or hiking etc... If you have access to a pool laps would be really great because they would give your joints a break!
Have fun! I used to love my exercise regimen
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkitten View Post
They do it on the biggest loser! I think that will be fine as long as you are not doing the same thing, repetitively for four hours. I used to do this when I had time. I would do one hour of intense cardio, then some strength training (different muscle groups each day), then zumba , then some walking or hiking etc... If you have access to a pool laps would be really great because they would give your joints a break!
Have fun! I used to love my exercise regimen
I wouldn't compare this to Biggest Loser because on BL, they have trained doctors on stand-by all the time monitoring them and etc.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/215/135

Height: 5'5

Thanks everyone for the support! I was working out twice a day, but then my sister moved into our living room for the short term and that has screwed my 5am workout routine. I was thinking morning jog for an hour then home for breakfast. Then to the gym for half hour cardio , then home for lunch, then back to the gym for some weights alternating between upper and lower body, finally for the month of June I have a group on for a month of fitness boot camp in my area. I know that sounds like a lot, but my main goal is just to get under 200lbs, so 20lbs in 2months. I don't think it's unhealthy . I will let you know how I progress :-)
Kiyoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

People who are hiking the Appalachian Trail are working out for more than 4 hours a day...

I would go crazy spending my summer in the gym. If I had that time I'd schedule hiking one day, kayaking the next, paddleboarding, swimming, running, biking, etc. Mixing it up, never getting bored and always planning the next adventure!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #11  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Since it's short term, I don't see any issue with it as long as you do indeed get sufficient hydration and calories. Also as long as you do try to break up what you are doing during those 4 hours especially, for mental reasons as well as physical. I think you already got good advice, but just wanted to chime in as well.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote