need suggestions for beginning aerobics tapes

• Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for very basic aerobics tapes. I already do Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds tapes. I'm looking for something else, just as a change (I love the tapes, but don't want to get sick of them)

Any ideas for an uncoordinated klutz? I've tried Richard Simmons tapes, but there's no instruction-half the time they don't even show anyone's feet!

Thanks,
    Sherry
  • Sherry,

I've been using Fat Burning for Dummies and alternating that with WATP.

The Fat Burning for Dummies video gives you the basics first and then follows that with a workout that uses combinations of those basics.

The total tape is approx 45 minutes long, with the first 12 mins. being the instructional part that shows the basics.

Hope this helps.

Amanda
  • Another good one for beginners is Denise Austin Xtra Lite Aerobic workout...the moves are kindof repetitive, but it isn't confusing to learn.
    Aphil
  • Thank you Monique, Amanda and Aphil. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I do have other Leslie Sansone tapes besides WATP-I've bought two variety packs (three tapes in each pack) and the WATP PLUS tapes from Collage video.I was curious to try another instructor too, just to see what it's like.

Thanks again,
    Sherry
  • I, too, really like Fat Burning for Dummies. I did it this morning, actually! I also really enjoy Donna Richardson's tapes, especially the 4-day rotation... Back to Basics is good, as well. She's just a whole lot of fun, and while I get a little caught up in the steps sometimes, overall it's not too confusing, and she does cue well.

Oh, and my favorite Richard Simmons tape is Sweatin' to the Oldies 2.

Have fun!
  • Hi, just thought I would put in my 2-cents, I love Denise Austin. She has one that goes to Big Band music, and another that teaches you some country dances (I'm not a country fan but these are actually fun) the steps aren't too hard to master, and you actually do break a sweat. Both of those are a bit old, but if you can get them I htink you might enjoy them.

*Jen*