Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/222/150

Height: 5'7

Post Am I Over Training?

I Recently Got Back Into Working Out, I Ve Been Working Out For 2 Weeks 5-6 Days A Week And Spending About 1 1/2 To 2 Hours In The Gym. Up Until Today My Routine Consisted Of 45min Cardio And The Rest Weights. I Also Havent Been Following The Rule Of Strength Training One Group Of Muscles And Alternating Days, Ive Done Two Days In A Row. Anyhow Up Until Yesterday I Would Feel Bright And Energetic After Working Out, Bottom Line I Felt Good. Yesterday I Did Spinning Class For an hour , Boxing Class and then Some Strength Training. I Thought I Got A Good Workout In But I Woke Up this Morning (barely) Feeling Like Crap, My Mind Is Foggy, I Feel Depressed,no Energy, I Dont Feel Like Me....what Could I Be Doing Wrong?

Last edited by FloridaGirl27; 06-12-2012 at 04:29 PM.
FloridaGirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #2  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

Overtraining is a really subjective situation--you have to go by how you feel. If you feel good, keep at it. If you feel like you do today, take a day or two off and let your body recover.

FWIW, you don't have to do as much as you are currently doing. There would be no harm in dialing it back a little bit, if you felt like it. Alternating weight days and cardio days is plenty, really.
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

Height: 5'8"

I think it's too much. Why are you doing so much training? If it's aimed to lose weight, I think it's wrong because you'll train your body to do that amount of exercise and one day it's going to slow down or stop and you'll be in danger of putting on weight.

If your doing all that exercise your body needs the fuel to keep the energy up.

An important part of a good workout plan is rest. You can't keep working the muscles without giving them the chance to recover.

If you love doing your workouts, I would be doing Strength and Weights either 2 or 3 times a week with at least 1 day break in between and cardio on other days.

I think 2 days weights and 2 days cardio spread out would be perfect and 3 days rest.

Also keep up the protein to feed the muscles.
collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #4  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by collingwood View Post
An important part of a good workout plan is rest. You can't keep working the muscles without giving them the chance to recover.
I just wanted to amplify this point. Muscles are built while you recover from lifting weights, not from the lifting weights itself. Proper rest is important. (At least one day off between working any muscle group to exhaustion.)
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/222/150

Height: 5'7

Im going to give alternating days a try. I also can report after eating some carbs yesterday and not going to the gym, they feeling of foggyness and drabby feeling has lifted.I am feeling like me again. So I gonna take it down a notch (which will be hard to do because I have become addicted to the gym) .
FloridaGirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote