Exercise Calorie Counter?

• Where can I find a counter that tells me how many calories I burned, at my weight, doing a specific exercise? I've been hiking with some friends lately and my RunKeeper won't register where we're walking. Her counter tells us she burned 450+ calories and she's small, so I'm wondering if I'm burning more.

I want one based on weight, not the average weight of 150 pnd person, etc.

Thanks!
  • Basing calories burned by exercise just by weight is not accurate. It has to be based on weight, age, and amount of exertion.
  • Of course...all of that! I just usually see the ones that are more generic and base it on a 150 pnd person. Was hoping to find one with those specifics. I guess you don't know of one either. Anyone else?
  • Do you use any fitness apps or calorie apps? MFP has a excercise counter based on the individuals weight.
  • If your're registered with fitday.com they can give you an approximate calories burned because when you register and as you lose weight it takes your weight into account... I think ...

No calorie counters IMHO are accurate it is only a guesstimate.....
  • fitbit is good for that. Also, there is an iphone app called map my run - it tells you your route and if you put in your personal info - it tells you how many cals. you likely burned, time took to complete, time per mile, incline etc. It will also transfer to the website & vice versa, I use it during my runs.

You just start the app at the beginning of your run/walk and go from there - I wear mine on my arm during my runs.
  • Thanks everyone! I have Runkeepr, but it doesn't seem to be working on a certain trail I go to. I'll check out the others.