3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Exercise!

Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Personal Trainer?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 52

Default Personal Trainer?

I am looking to hire a PT, but want to interview them first. I'm not going to hire the first one that comes along!

Any tips on what to ask?
missphalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Member
 
jennynyc77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 31

S/C/G: HW: 295/218/160

Height: 5'8''

Default

I would recommend asking what kinds of exercises they specialize in, how they work with clients to meet their goals and if you could do a trial session before committing if you like them. I've been working out with mine for nearly two years and he still motivates me to push harder and try new things. It's also a great way to make sure you don't skip the gym
__________________
jennynyc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Steve Troutman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philadelphia suburbs
Posts: 103

Default

I wrote a very extensive article about the hiring process of a trainer. I've worked in the industry for over 10 years and as part of my work now I do consulting with fitness centers helping them with their hiring and continuing education systems. I feel that I have a pretty good feel for things you're encounter as well as questions you'll ask.

Hopefully this article isn't misconstrued as spam, but if it is, my apologies to the mods and please remove it.

http://body-improvements.com/article...sonal-trainer/
Steve Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Tellin' it like it is!
 
mkroyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver Co
Posts: 1,657

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

http://www.leighpeele.com/how-to-hir...rsonal-trainer
__________________


"All the Secrets of your foundation shall come to light.... and when you lie, uprooted and broken in the sun, then shall your lies also be separated from your truths" Nietzche

"I do not workout. I TRAIN.
I do not eat. I FEED.
I do not sleep. I RECHARGE.
My greatest fear in this life is the fear of being ordinary
."
Personal Bests

MARATHON- 3:58
10K- 44:42
1/2 Marathon - 1:50:48
5 miles - 36:12
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 52

Default

Thanks for all of the suggestions!
missphalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WI Northwoods
Posts: 672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Troutman View Post
I wrote a very extensive article about the hiring process of a trainer. I've worked in the industry for over 10 years and as part of my work now I do consulting with fitness centers helping them with their hiring and continuing education systems. I feel that I have a pretty good feel for things you're encounter as well as questions you'll ask.

Hopefully this article isn't misconstrued as spam, but if it is, my apologies to the mods and please remove it.

http://body-improvements.com/article...sonal-trainer/
Great article. Do I have permission on printing it and posting it in my gym?
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Steve Troutman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philadelphia suburbs
Posts: 103

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness4life View Post
Great article. Do I have permission on printing it and posting it in my gym?
Absolutely. When you say "your gym" do you mean you own the gym? If you don't own it, I could see the personal trainers on staff (assuming there are some) getting a bit uncomfortable.
Steve Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WI Northwoods
Posts: 672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Troutman View Post
Absolutely. When you say "your gym" do you mean you own the gym? If you don't own it, I could see the personal trainers on staff (assuming there are some) getting a bit uncomfortable.
No, I don't own the gym. I run the place, but I don't own it. The employees don't know the owner. They know me.

And plus we're all close friends.

I shared the article with one of the trainers who is currently looking to heavily recruit clients. He liked it. Thanks for sharing.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Steve Troutman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philadelphia suburbs
Posts: 103

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness4life View Post
No, I don't own the gym. I run the place, but I don't own it. The employees don't know the owner. They know me.

And plus we're all close friends.

I shared the article with one of the trainers who is currently looking to heavily recruit clients. He liked it. Thanks for sharing.
Haven't been on since this post, but if you're still around, I'm glad he liked it and thanks for sharing it.
Steve Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wii Fit vs My Personal Trainer Daimere Fitness Videos 12 01-30-2009 08:31 PM
Becoming a Personal Trainer LKTS Weight and Resistance Training 26 07-19-2005 10:25 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2