Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #106  
Warrior Princess

Angel, they say 30DS burns approx 167 calories on level one. Each level gets much harder (at least for me it does!) so I am assuming the calories burned increases as you advance. That's what I read online..

Who knows...I will keep on keeping on until the DVD gets easy. Once I stop pouring sweat and gasping for air in 20 years I will move on to Ripped in 30.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies,

Ak oops! Didn't see it was posted before I think 6 weeks is a good amount of time too, so i guess I'll do it. I'll be going to turkey, my kids will drive me crazy but I need the getaway
Philly yup I'll do it, and continue when I'm back. If I did homemade ice cream I'll eat it all, I just know lol
Novangel when I moved to lvl 2, lvl 1 was still making me sweat, just not as much as I want. I read reviews on 30 D shred, and they said you need to push your body and not feel comfortable on levels. I'm sure if I did lvl 1 now, I'll hardly break a sweat. I bet you can do level 3

L2D12 done! It's getting a little easier, and I didn't stop at all this time.

Stay OP everyone

Last edited by Angelsmom; 04-17-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #108  
Just watch me ...

Morning everyone Hi Bunneh

I did get in the 5-mile FatBurning Walk yesterday. It was like an old-fashioned cardio class....I don't know what you guys - who have been doing 'boot camps' would think about it...
I initially felt bored because it's difficult to march in place (!) but once I decided to go with the flow it was fun. Leslie's voice gets kinda loud when she laughs (my parrot started to screech ) but she mixes up the various moves and has an upbeat personality. I felt well-oxygenated when it was done, and even got in some yoga afterward. Today's Pilates.

Keep on plan everyone
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 238/223/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello all!

Did part of the Day 2 workout yesterday. Have to get the roommate from teh airport after work today, and I stubbed my toe last night. I'm not sure if I broke it or not. I don't think so, but maybe its good I won't be able to do 30DS today.
Definitely starting back at the gym on the elliptical and weights on Wed in add to 30ds. Got to get back on track after spring break!
eyre13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everyone, and happy Tuesday!

novangel - Good for you for squeezing in some workout time before bed. I so prefer working out at night, but just can't do it schedule-wise. Your 30DS commitment inspires me! Whenever I see you post about finishing a level/day, it makes me want to progress even further with my own workouts, so thank you for sharing your progress along the way.

Angelsmom - A vacation to Turkey sounds awesome! When do you leave? Have a great time, and try not to let the kids drive you too nuts. Congrats on doing the whole workout straight through! It will be a while before I am at that step, I feel like stopping every 3-5 minutes for water during current workouts. Keep up the awesome work!

Exhale - Thanks for the input on Leslie's 5 mile walk. I did a 30 minute 3 mile one today. It's On Demand & was done by Kendra Kemerley. I really liked it, way more cardio than I expected though. I feel you on having a tough time marching in place. I had an even tougher time jogging in place. I was really paranoid about being too loud landing on the floor, so it was hard to just stay in the moment and appreciate the exercise. Good for you for getting so much movement in. Walking, yoga, Pilates - you're on a roll!

Philly - Thank you for posting that new YouTube channel. I browsed through some of the workouts and they look really beneficial. Do you plan on trying it out anytime soon?

eyre - Sorry to hear about your toe! That can be so painful. Hope it heals up quickly so you can get back to 30DS.

Last night I made the first of hopefully MANY healthy dinners for myself. Roasted green beans & crustless chicken broccoli quiche (both from the recipe section of 3FC.) It was delicious! I highly recommend both recipes. They were super simple to make and just delicious, for a very reasonable # of calories. This morning I also did a 3-mile walking workout (Kendra Kemerley, On Demand) which was more intense than I thought it would be. LOTS of cardio intervals, knee kicks, and general moving around, which was tough but felt great afterwards. For most of it I was supposed to be using 1-3lb hand weights but I don't have any so was holding 2 potatoes in each hand. Must have been quite a sight; glad the boyfriend woke up AFTER I was finished.

Well, have a fantastic Tuesday, all. Keep going strong!
ak812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #111  
Just watch me ...

Different Pilates teacher today...very detail oriented and constantly reminding me to not 'give away' my abs (seems I've been giving them away left and right lol: ) I really liked her - her classes are usually booked up and now I know why. I was spritzing...made all the worse by the fact that she often made adjustments to my (soppy) neck to elongate my spine.

ak, so glad to have company in the 'walking' department...I think I expected some kind of creeping around the sofa work-out... And I had the same challenge with not imagining making dents in my downstairs neighbor's ceiling....but I haven't gotten a note under my door, so I guess I'm good.

Pleased to announce that I still have points to spare for dinner

Last edited by Exhale15; 04-17-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #112  

Eyre sorry to hear about your toe, get better soon. Get back on 30 DS as soon as you can!
AkI'll be leaving in the middle of June. Sounds like your doing a great job with healthy eating and exercise. Keep up the good work, you can do it!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #113  

Hello Everyone!

You guys have been busy posting today.

Ak812, I may explore it down the line, but I'm waiting for my barbell set to arrive so I can do Les Mills Body Pump program. I have MANY 90 day programs and never completed as written. I do bits and pieces. LOL@potato for weights.

eyre13, take care of that injury. Foot and back injuries are the worst. Take it easy.

Angelsmom, wow...a trip to Turkey! If you take me I'll make you some ice cream...lol. Feel free to share some pics of your trip.

Exhale, I have one fast mile of Leslie's that I really like. Biggest loser walk is a great workout too. I was pleasantly surprised. Sound like you had a good time in that pilates class. It seems like you are really into it. I hope you don't give it up.

novangel, you are doing so great with Jillian. I wonder how you'll feel about level 3.

I'm bothered by the heat and currently at work with a headache. Good thing the workday is just about over.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #114  
Warrior Princess

AK, thank you it's very nice to hear I inspire you that just gives me another reason to keep on going.

Philly, I think I will be able to advance to level 3 a little faster than it took me to get to level 2. *knock on wood

Angel, I remember when I thought level 1 was literally going to kill me and now I can do it all the way through without stopping (amazing) but it is still uncomfortable on that last strength part where you lean to the side and raise the hand weights to eye level! I use 5p weights so that part burns like a mother! Level 2 is very uncomfortable, I have to stop a few times to catch my breath but I'm making progress.

Just finished L2 but I'm miserable with pre-tom bloat tonight. :/
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #115  

Happy hump day!
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #116  

Hello

Novangel- keep on going! You'll get to lvl 3 in no time

Philly- sounds like a good deal to me!

L2D13 done! also did 15 min cardio after it.

Good luck ladies
Old 04-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #117  

Morning, everyone! The week's almost halfway over. Glad to see everyone's been so active with posting ... it's a big help to have you guys to chat with regularly!

Exhale - I thought the same thing about the 'walking' workouts. I'd never done one before and thought I'd literally be walking/marching in place with maybe a few fancy kicks for the entirety of the 3 miles. I'm also doing Pilates but at home to the TV - I wish I could do a class, but maybe it's best I'm not, as I feel like I'm just rolling around on the floor a lot & probably look pretty silly. How are the points treating you today?

Angelsmom - Day 13 of level 2 already? Awesome! Keep up the amazing progress.

novangel - Sorry you're feeling a bit miserable. I know the feeling. Hopefully it's an easy TOM and you don't feel too bad. Good for you for working out even through TOM bloat!

Philly - Has the temperature dropped any yet? Hope your headache has gone away by now. Happy hump day to you as well!

I've had a good morning so far. Did 40 minutes of a Pilates workout and it was just a small amount easier than when I did it last time. Hopefully the trend continues. I also made a pretty yummy smoothie for breakfast - peach oatmeal, frozen peaches & NF vanilla yogurt. Half of it made me full for only 164 calories! I also weighed myself this morning & am at a new low (193.4!) Hoping to get out of those 190s pretty soon.

Off to prepare for work - I've got a 'curriculum night' tonight (basically a spring version of back to school night) and am getting so nervous about it. Hate speaking in front of people!

Enjoy your Wednesdays, ladies!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #118  
Just watch me ...

Happy Hump Day !

It's not as sunny today as yesterday, but still a bit too warm for my tastes. Points are OK, I've got lots of greens in my fridge and that's good.

ak, if you can find a certified instructor, it would be good to take a class. The classes I've taken have been very controlled with the instructor giving corrections, so you get an idea of how you should be doing the movements. Remember that everything should be controlled; small movement done properly is what you're looking for; big movements not done correctly aren't good....
You'll do great today at you meeting...don't sweat it....

All you dvd warrior princesses - keep up the good work !

Have a great day all
Old 04-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #119  

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Exhale, it's much appreciated. Good luck with all those greens! Very healthy. Also, thanks for the advice on small, controlled movements. The 2 times I've done the Pilates workout I've struggled to do as many reps of the stretches that the instructor does without thinking too much about form/posture, etc. I think next time I do it I will focus more on quality over quantity, even if I can do only half of what she does at least they will be small & controlled and be more beneficial.

How do you split up the Pilates/walking workouts throughout the week?
Old 04-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #120  
Just watch me ...

Hi ak, I get in a Pilates session about 3 times a week. I've been doing classes, which I'm going to cut back to once or twice a week to get me working independently. So far, I've done the walking dvd once, I'd like to get that in twice a week and then something else on the other days. What, I dunno

Check out 'Pilates on fifth' on youtube. They have really good instructional uploads. Form/posture is everything - which is why jumping around during the walking dvd's is kinda liberating