Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Why can't I just love working out again??

Last year I began working out, slowly at first. First I started using my Xbox Kinect and liked it so decided to try some real workouts. I went to Walk Away the Pounds, which I loved, but got bored with really fast. I got Turbo Jam and I loved it. I literally looked forward to working out when I got home from work, and went from doing it 3 times a week to every day, even the weekends. I wanted to step it up and got Chalean Extreme, only did it for a month and I saw results but not weight loss. I then tried Turbo Fire which I really liked too.

Since December I’ve been putting off working out a lot, I think I’ve only exercised like 3 times this whole year and I remember I had to drag my feet, and would cut the workouts short. It’s so hard for me to get back into the routine but summer’s right around the corner and I NEED to start working out. I’m completely out of control.

Do any of you ladies have any tips to getting back into working out? I want to look forward to it again but I just seem to get tired with just the warm ups and my energy sucks. I don’t know what to. Help!
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/157/120

Height: 4'11"

Hi! I feel the same as you.. I used to do p90x and bootcamps and I loved it so much that at one point I was doing P90x twice a day and I loved it. I was in the best shape of my life and told myself I would never gain it back. Well I was in college then and now I have a job and I sit at a desk all day... needless to say, I gained it back and more. I kept trying to diet again and start working out but I just COULDNT get motivted. I've seen Turbo Jam on TV informercials for years and I finally decided to order it. I couldnt get back into p90x because it wasnt "fun" to get into.. Well I'm happy to say I started Turbo Jam and now I look forward to working out.

Since you said you loved it too maybe you should start doing it again, just make yourself do it once and maybe thats all youll need to get motiviated. Good luck you can do it!!!
ashxoxo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #3  
Just watch me ...

Have you been to the doctor lately? There are things that can drain energy - funky thyroid, low vit D, etc.

Otherwise, maybe try something completely different. I like Pilates a lot, makes me feel strong, or a dance class, something to get out of the rut.

Last edited by Exhale15; 04-03-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I was going to suggest doing something different too = what worked for you 'back then' obviously isn't doing it for you now. Walking, gardening, heavy cleaning is all exercise. And you might find you need to build up to hard core exercise too instead of jumping right in.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #5  
Warrior Princess

I loathed exercise too but love to walk outside (now that it's warm) and that's good exercise when you're not feeling super motivated to do cardio. I also find that using an ipod during my workout DVD's is a major help factor. I love 80's!

Now that I am seeing results I don't mind exercise anymore.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote