i did it! it's a silly little goal, but....!

• my daughter has a rebounder - i bought it for her because she was so heavy she couldn't use her jolly jumper any more (she was 9mo old when i put her in it and the spring sagged down to the floor leaving her sitting about 2" above it).

she was so heavy - 54lbs - that she couldn't use the little trampoline they had at the day care. it broke my heart to see her sad face as all the other children got to go except her (it could only handle 50lbs - they let her on it but the legs splayed out so alarmingly when she landed that i said no).

so i went to the source for sports in the next town over and bought an exergear rebounder - and she LOVES it. she's 5 now and still weighs 50 - 54lbs but now takes a size 8 for length, not width. she bounces on it all the time and has *phenomenal* aerobic capacity - she can do a half-hour, hour with ease. NASA says this is a great exercise to increase bone density so i figure she's pretty much Wolverine by now.

anyway, to get back on track with my original point, i have NEVER been able to use it. when i first got it, i was too heavy - it only goes up to 250lbs and i was too close for comfort.

then i lost some weight and when i was 230, i tried again - i lasted about 20sec before i had to get off bec i just couldn't breathe.

i kept trying but today, i finally bit the bullet and i lasted a whole "Somebody that i used to know" video by Walk off the Earth! four minutes and ten seconds!

that's how i'm going to do it - bounce and jog from song to song. it's a lot easier to keep my mind off the fact that my boobs are going to detach from the mother ship any minute.
  • Great for you! I can't wait until I can get on the kids rebounder
  • Woohoo....
  • think i should try again?

i feel like i want to do another session. but i tend to overdo things with enthusiasm.... how do i know i can go ahead and do it again or if i should just leave it for now?
  • Quote:
    it's a lot easier to keep my mind off the fact that my boobs are going to detach from the mother ship any minute.
    LMAO!! this is how I feel when jog in place an why I won't do that part of my routine of my fiancé is doing it with me. he knows it too.

sorry not a very helpful post but I just had to let you know how much that made me laugh.
  • Yay! That's great!

A.