Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/148/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default My Free Personal Trainer

Apparently my 8 year old makes a really great personal trainer! He has me moving and groovin' all day long and tells me how to get more moves in.

I ordered a pedometer called the fitbit. It has a lot of online features including badges. My son loves these. He wants to see what my next badge is and is right there with me to help me get it.

Yesterday we went to the store and they have these escalators and stairs. He not only made me take the stairs (to get stair badges, it measures floors too), but he was challenging me to a race. We had to do it multiple times. These military guys went up the escalators but had big smiles on their faces watching us bust a move.

Then we all went bowling. I only beat the kid by 4 points. He had me dancing between turns depending on who won.

We came home and he asked me how many steps I had. I didn't have enough for the 10,000 steps badge that day so we went for a walk around the block. Okay, some of it I had to run. Yes, he made me run. He was careful not to leave me in the wind too. He wanted me to do it WITH him.

Then it was my nightly time to do The 30 Day Shred video (I like to call it torture). I'm deaf and I'm using the youtube version so there are no captions. I just follow along. Oh, he gave me tips along the way, did the whole thing with me (better than me, I might add), then when I stopped he said, "she said that if you get tired, just stop and breathe 5 times and get right back to doing it." HA! He made sure I knew when to stop and start each move and I had to get up quickly from my mat or get on my mat quickly from standing position. No dallying.

When we were finished, it was already 9pm and needless to say, I was ready for bed. Nope. He's gotta show me some yoga moves he learned on youtube one day. (I went to yoga class in the morning while he was in school and he knew that).

Then we had to go back outside my apartment and do a few more stair climbing because I hadn't met the 10 floor badge yet in spite of my earlier sprints.

There was another day we were learning "Five Little Ducks Went Swimming One Day" song because that's what he reminded me of when he was trailing behind me while making me walk a circle around our couch for so many steps.

Oh, and I had to graduate up to higher weights for the video because he needs his own pair if he's gonna join me.

Last but not least...

He was so enthused by the whole process he wanted to do the 30 Day Shred torture all over again. Yet in the time I sat on my computer to input my log, he fell fast asleep. Apparently his body finally caught on to the message that enough was enough. Ah. Bliss.

Last edited by kcoftx; 03-30-2012 at 09:53 PM.
kcoftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

Haha, that's really cute! It's awesome to see that you have that support! He sounds like a great motivator!
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Wow-he's tough. I'm not sure I would last a day with your trainer!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

He can probably get a job on The Biggest Loser! How adorable!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote