Tried the WATP video....also have a ?

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Well I went to the library yesterday to see if I could borrow the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds video. I was looking to get the 1 mile one however all they had was the 2 mile one, so I took it anyhow. Well I tried it today and I got half way through...so I made it to the 1 mile.

Now my question is....Is doing 1 mile of the 2 mile or 3 mile tape the same as doing the 1mile tape?

I am wondering because I want to go out and buy the tape but I don't know if I should buy 1, 2, or 3.
  • I also need the answer to your question. I went to buy the video & the store only had 2 mile & 3 mile. So I hope someone can help us out.

Bye for now.
  • I do these tapes everyday. I started out with the 1 mile tape and found that after a very short time I needed to move on.

The one mile tape is not as intense as the 2 mile. I just did the 3 mile today and it is more intense than the 2 mile.

If you found that you did 1 mile from the 2 mile tape and you did it with ease then I would forget about the 1 mile tape and buy the 2 mile tape. I have been doing the 2 mile tape for a couple of months now and it is a good quick workout, however I do not use the weighted balls on any of these tapes yet. I am going to work up to that slowly.

Today was the first time that I did the 3 mile tape and it is a lot quicker and more intense than the 2 mile tape. I am glad that I took some time to get used to the pace of the 2 mile tape before I started the 3 mile tape. Wow I hope you can understand this.. and that this was helpful to you.

Suzanne
  • Suzanne - Thanks for the info

I guess I will go back & buy the 2 mile tape & work into it.

I really have a problem with getting exercise in - have to change my mindset of this & give it more priority in my day.

Where from Canada are you from. I live near Toronto.

Thanks again.
  • Leslie says you can use the tapes how you would like in her system. If you want to only do one mile of the 2 mile video, just stop at one mile and then do the cool down. Flexibility is the key. I find that buying the 1 mile is a waste of time, because you quickly progress to the 2 mile or 3 miles. Stef
  • Hi all! Saw the title here and thought I'd check in. I also was wondering the same thing about some of those questions on the diff b/t the miles. Glad to have found the answers here :-)

I bought the 2 mile about a month ago but only tried it once. I think I will give it another shot and progress to the 3. Thanks for the information!
  • I have been doing these tapes since Jan and love it! I have lost 20lbs so far! Yeah! I think it is better then just walking outside because you use your arms, weights ect... I agree that you burn out on the one mile very quickly. I like the fact that the 2 mile is only 30 min. I can do it while my kids are playing. They can handle me being busy for that long. I sometimes do it at night at work again also. Like today I had pizza last night so I want to burn some extra calories today. Its so easy you can do that! Good luck ladies and I don't think you will be disappointed in the results!
    Beth
    SW 200
    CW 190.25
    GW 125
  • Wow Beth you are really doing well on the walking, I feel the same way you do about the tapes being better than walking outside, you really get a good work out from the tapes. I am very happy with using them..

Today I did the 2 mile one. I am finding that I will use the 2 mile tape if I want a quick workout, and if I want a longer one I use the 3 mile tape which is about 47 mins. long. I like the 3 mile tape because it is a little more faster walk and longer work out.

Bandit2 I am from north of Toronto about 1 hour. I am sure all of you will really like the tapes if you get into the habit of doing them daily. Good Luck.

If anyone wants to check in to this post a few times a week or whatever I will keep posting my milage from the tapes here.

Suzanne
  • Hi everyone:

Bought the 2 mile tape & am planning on trying it Mon after w/i - I am sure I will be motivated by then since I had a few too many things to eat this week that I shouldn't have had. Missed w/i last week, a few dinners out and too many carbo snacks. Not looking forward to w/i tonight but I HAVE to go.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great week & lets post our walking results for sure.
  • Mon - got as far as taking the tape out of the cellophane. Goal for Tues is to use it.
  • Hi to everyone!!!!!

I did the 3 mile tape today and I really like the 3 mile, it is very fast right from the beginning.

Hopefully Bandit2 you were able to do the 2 mile one today.. I think you will like it and will find that it is a good work out.

Suzanne
  • I did the 2 mile yesterday morning and walked outside 2 miles yesterday evening. I was suprised how out of shape I felt walking out doors. My upper back was killing me? I have been doing Leslie's since Jan. I do 4 miles several times a week. I felt like I should have been in better shape. Maybe it was the wind resistance it was in the 40's but windy.

So how do you guys want to do this posting? Do you want to post our miles everyday? I am up for anything. It seems like a lot of the other threads I am on our dying off.

Beth
  • Hi everyone:

I did 1 mile from the 2 mile tape this a.m. before going to work.
    Thought I should start out gradually. I really liked it & easier than trying to get in walks with all the ice & snow around here.
    I am taking the tape with me to my bf's tonight. He is making me dinner and I thought I would try & get him to try the tape with me.

You girls are doing so great with your exercise. Keep up the good work.

Bye for now.
  • watp-can we start a permanent thread?
    Hi,

My name is Sherry, and I started doing the WATP tapes and the Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile tapes last month. It's the only exercise I've ever been able to stick with!

I also just bought three more of her tapes called Walk Away the Pounds Plus-one is a Power Mile, where the workout is much quicker and more intense, which is twenty minutes-this one uses the weighted balls. The second tape has a thirty minute two mile workout. The third tape is a ten minute toning tape, which uses the weighted balls while toning. I've done the Power Mile, and will try the toning one next. I got them from Collage video.

Anyone want to start a daily thread where we log what we've done. I need to be held accountable

Thanks and take care,
    Sherry

I've been doing tapes for six days a week.
  • Hi,

I am up for posting my miles from the tapes.

Yesterday I did the 2 mile tape. What I am finding is that the 3 mile is 47 mins. long and the 2 mile is about what 30 mins long, sooooo it is hard to find 47 mins after work and before dinner to dedicate 47 mins. to exercising and get all the other stuff done.. oh well I will work on that one. What I have been doing is the 3 mile on Sat and Sun. but I really like the 3 mile tape better . oh well I will work it in, at least I am able to do the 2 mile daily.

When the good weather comes I will be able to get out and do my bike riding outside, plus the tapes so that will be lots of exercise.

Everyone is doing great,

Suzanne